Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

11.11.2018 06:03
- praying -- the next route marker will indicate the incline will lessen over the next kilometer. But dammit, no! It repeats the Antworten

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- The rain from Hurricane Matthew kept coming. So too did Virginia Techs aggressive defense, along with an offense that kept chipping away through its own mistakes.Consider it proof that the No. 25 Hokies are catching on to what their new coach is preaching.Jerod Evans accounted for three touchdowns while the defense shut down No. 17 North Carolina in a 34-3 road win Saturday played in heavy rain the hurricane brought as it made its trek north.What I do like is I do think theyre good listeners, Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said. I do think theyre listening to our process.Since a Week 2 loss to Tennessee, Virginia Tech has won three straight blowouts -- this one against the reigning Coastal Division champion Tar Heels (4-2, 2-1), who had beaten Pittsburgh and Florida State on last-second scores in the past two weeks.Simply put, the Hokies were tougher than both the Tar Heels and the unfavorable conditions.Were tired of hearing about everybody else, Evans said. Were tired of hearing about UNC, Miami, Clemson, Louisville, etc. Those are great teams, dont get me wrong. ... But at the same time, we feel like we should be mentioned in those categories with those guys. So every week we have a statement we want to make.The Hokies had their share of weather-related troubles, including seven fumbles, bobbled snaps and a season-low 264 yards.But Bud Fosters defense locked down on UNCs Mitch Trubisky, who entered as one of the nations top passers. UNC finished with 131 yards, with Trubisky throwing his first two interceptions of the year, while the Hokies scored 20 points off four turnovers.UNC, playing without injured top tailback Elijah Hood, failed to score a touchdown for the first time under fifth-year coach Larry Fedora.They were in the right spots when I couldnt put the ball in the right place, Trubisky said. They were there to make the play and break it up. Overall I dont blame it on the weather. I just think it was us.THE TAKEAWAYVIRGINIA TECH: Theres that familiar bring-your-lunch-pail edge taking shape with this group. Virginia Techs nationally ranked defense won battles up front, while its offense did a much better job fighting through the weather conditions.They know what the tradition is and the expectations are, Foster said. And theyre working extremely hard to live up to those and get it back to that.NORTH CAROLINA: The wet weather doesnt fully explain why the Tar Heels high-flying offense looked so, well, waterlogged. They never got in rhythm and never responded as the Hokies pushed through them -- a curious all-around clunker for a surging team.Im not going to blame it on the weather, Fedora said. They played in it, too. They seemed to handle the weather. We did a poor job all the way around.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Hokies slipped into the AP Top 25 after a bye week and look like theyll stick around a while. As for the Tar Heels, they fell out of the rankings after a season-opening loss to Georgia, then returned this week for what could be another brief stay.SPUTTERING OFFENSEUNCs 131 yards were its lowest since a 1999 loss to Wake Forest, while the 31-point margin of defeat was the worst for UNC since a 41-10 loss to rival North Carolina State in 2008. Trubisky, who entered with three straight 400-yard passing games, threw for 58 yards.And receiver Ryan Switzer, who had a two-game ACC record of 30 catches against Pitt and FSU, had two catches for 2 yards with a couple of drops.WEATHER ISSUESThe rain was in full force roughly two hours before the game kicked off, and didnt let up. That meant a sparse and soaked crowd for one of UNCs biggest home games, with plenty of Hokies fans making the trip.The National Weather Services Raleigh office reported Hurricane Matthew brought nearly 9 inches of rain in nearby Raleigh between midnight and 8 p.m.UP NEXTVIRGINIA TECH: The Hokies play a cross-division game at Syracuse in their first meeting since 2003.NORTH CAROLINA: The Tar Heels travel to No. 10 Miami in another critical Coastal matchup, with the home teams winning the past two seasons by a combined 55 points.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap and the APs college football site at http://collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Cheap Jordans Wholesale . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. http://www.wholesalejordans.us/ . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Wholesale Jordans Cheap . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Wholesale Jordans Shoes Free Shipping . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. As sweat continues to drench my jersey and shorts, as irritating flies swarm my face and neck, and as my legs howl (Can we please STOP?!!), I glance to the roadside hoping -- praying -- the next route marker will indicate the incline will lessen over the next kilometer. But dammit, no! It repeats the gradient I have seen kilometer after kilometer. Nine freaking percent! Again! I shake my head and continue pedaling, wondering when this grind will ever end.Or whether the flies will at least go away.I am riding up Mont Ventoux, one of the toughest and most infamous climbs in cycling. Or as French philosopher and cycling fan Roland Barthes once called it: a higher hell.An avid cyclist who loves climbs (but fears descents), I have ridden up Alpe dHuez, the Col du Galibier, Passo del Ghisallo in Italy, Mauis sea-level-to-10,000-foot-summit Haleakala and the excruciating Zoo Hill near my home outside of Seattle. As I push my pedals this day, I am learning that Ventoux is the hardest -- as Tour de France riders know all too well.Ventoux was first ridden in the Tour de France in 1951 and has been a climb in the race 15 times. It will be the finish of Stage 12 on Thursday. That is Bastille Day in France, so the road will be filled with thousands of fans celebrating and drinking and having the time of their lives -- not just because of the national holiday but because they wont have to ride a bike to the top.There are three locations where you can begin the Ventoux climb, but the classic route used most often in the Tour is from Bedoin, a lovely little town with restaurants, bakeries and bike rental stores. I have read that in the old days, Tour riders would stop in a bar here for a drink before beginning the epic climb.They probably should have ordered several bottles of energy drink, or perhaps an oxygen tank, or maybe a gas tank and car, as well, because the ride is grueling.Ventoux is a 21.5-kilometer route (13.4 miles) that climbs roughly 5,300 feet, with an 8-kilometer stretch where the average gradient doesnt drop below 9 percent. At times it reaches 11 percent. The final 1.5 kilometers are at roughly 10 percent. But at least I prepared my body with something far more empowering than alcohol: a delicious cinnamon almond croissant. (I should have eaten two. Or three. Or four. ...)Worse than the steepness, at times, is the wind. Ventoux means windy, and the powerful mistral of southern France beats this area up to 130 days a year. The wind was almost 45 miles per hour during the 1969 Tour and has been measured as high as 200 mph at the summit.Fortunately, I am riding in almost perfect weather. It is sunny. The temperature is in the mid-70s. Best of all, there is zero wind. As the manager of the rental shop says, This is the best it gets.No wonder so many people are riding today. During my ride up and back down, I will count at least 175 other cyclists, three to four times the number of cars on this road. The cyclists range from a father and his teenage daughter slowly pushing their way up on bikes with few gears to many cyclists in their 60s and perhaps 70s. This is how revered a bike climb Ventoux iss.ddddddddddddThe route begins with a manageable 4 to 4? percent grade the first 5 kilometers. But then it gets steeper. Much steeper. The grade is so demanding and so unrelenting that Barthes was correct when he said, The Ventoux is a god of evil, to which sacrifices must be made. It never forgives weakness and extracts an unfair tribute of suffering.At least I am occasionally distracted from the suffering by the old messages fans painted on the road for cyclists during a past race. I see messages to Mark Cavendish and others, along with a long stretch of obscene drawings that I cannot describe here but that are as annoying as the gradient and the flies that keep buzzing my face.I pass roughly 30 cyclists along the way. I shout Bonjour! and wave as I ride alongside the first ones, but as I get higher and the ride gets more tiring, my enthusiastic greetings lessen until they are merely a mumble.Much of the road up Ventoux is surrounded by woods on both sides, but eventually I ride above the tree line to be greeted by the daunting sight of the white lunar landscape that is the mountains summit. It is like the surface of Tatooine, only I do not have Luke Skywalkers landspeeder to power me to the top. But at least I am not hauling R2-D2 on my bike.I see even more riders in this stretch, a few of whom look so old that I am absolutely mystified they can do this. It is both bewildering and encouraging, proof that cycling truly is great for ones health. Unless, of course, I crash descending at 50 miles an hour.Clouds have accumulated, the temperature has dropped considerably and the wind has picked up as I cycle the final few kilometers. But the conditions arent bad. And seeing the summits tower, my energy is renewed. As photographers step out to take my photo and hand me business cards showing where I can purchase the images later, I smile broadly. I am excited. I am almost there.And best of all, the flies have disappeared.I pump harder and ride up the final rise, coming to the sign that marks the summit. I stop and lift the bike above my head in triumph. My time is 2 hours, 5 minutes, considerably slower than Iban Mayos record of 55 minutes, 51 seconds, but faster than I had estimated. I buy a souvenir from the gift shop, snap a few photos and then pull on my sweater for the ride down, which is much faster -- I barely pedal at all -- and much cooler.On the way down, I stop at the Tom Simpson memorial where the one-time world champion cyclist collapsed on his bike and died during Stage 13 of the 1967 Tour, just 1? kilometers from the summit. Simpson had taken amphetamines that day and had stopped for a drink in Bedoin. Those were factors, as was the extreme heat, which I have seen reported as from 95 to 130 degrees.There are many water bottles and cycling caps scattered in tribute to Simpson, with other cyclists stopping for selfies. The memorial also has a plaque from Simpsons daughters with the inscription: No mountain is too high.Wise words. Although Ventoux comes close. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz