Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

17.11.2018 01:00
has to be Daley Thompson, as he epitomises the true values of hard work, total self-belief and he was not afraid to show in cla Antworten

Its make or break time for the Sky Academy Sports Scholars as they enter the final stages of their battle to make the Rio Olympics. The brutal truth is that some of the Scholars will be on that plane to Brazil in the summer. Some will not. Tony Lester, Scholarship boss since 2013, has seen it all and hes only too aware of the challenges awaiting the athletes.As a coach, hes steered runners Roger Black and Marlon Devonish to Olympic glory. For the journey to Rio, hes been wearing his Sky hat, nurturing some of Britains and Irelands top talent by overseeing an extensive tailored programme of support, with a little less shouting trackside.So what does the next six months hold for the Scholars? How calm are they? What makes an Olympic champion?Here are Tonys thoughts on a thrilling and gut-wrenching climax to the latest cycle of the Sky Academy Sports Scholarship programme...The clock is ticking. For many of these guys, its a key time in their careers. Only two of the Scholars have qualified - runner Mark English and pole vaulter Holly Bradshaw - but they still have to show fitness and if something happens like losing form or an injury then theyll be playing catch up.Its a tough time and the pressures on. They have to deliver, stay in shape and laser their focus on getting the job done. Its a two-part job now. The first is getting on the plane to Rio. The second is to compete and deliver. Usain Bolt: Has become the saviour of athletics Its sport though and theres no half measure. Its all or nothing. For these guys who are up against it in terms of qualifying, theyve had four years to prepare for this. It will be the first attempt at making an Olympics for some, for others it will be their second.The ones on the second round of trying to make it and not succeeding, its hard but lessons will be learned. Every time a mistake is made, something is learned.All the Scholars are excited and looking forward to the next six months. Some are competing, preparing for the indoor season, some are on training camps and some are just doing their thing. They know they are halfway down the road to Rio and others know its a long way to go and still have to clear a lot of obstacles.We cant afford to get involved in any emotional distractions though. Im not their coach, Sky as a business arent their coaches, so we have to stand back and watch the story unfold.I can be distant from all of this but because you know what theyre going through with all the emotions and pressures, I can become that other mentor. Tonys commitment to nurturing the Scholars has taken him to the US Ive been with Olympic teams and gone through the selection process and I can talk to them at that level. But I never get involved in the coaching aspect. I cant afford to give wrong messages.I wont impose my opinions heavily because that creates a conflict between me and the coach. I stand back. I can speak to the Scholars about agents and other stuff, but ultimately its their career and not mine.I started leading the Scholarship in 2013. The scheme involving the London Scholars was really a pilot to see how Sky could get involved and support British athletes. The learning from this is we can be a lot broader.I made the call to go for Olympic sports again. For the majority of athletes, an Olympics is the pinnacle of their sport, whereas in football or rugby you have World Cups. But going forward we are starting to engage with other sports.What makes an Olympic champion is something Im often asked. You need talent. You cant become a champion without being good at what you do. You need to perfect you craft, day in, day out, with diligence and toughness. Speed skater Dan Jansen experienced an emotional Winter Games in 1988 But one other thing you need is a lot of luck. You can be the best in the world but a week out from a Games you can catch a virus or pull a muscle or land heavily. You cannot undo that damage.For anybody who doesnt know the story of speed skater Dan Jansen I suggest you look him up. The American overcame grief to win Olympic gold in the final race of his career in 1994 in Lillehammer. His story is what makes an Olympic champion. Check him out please.My other Olympic heroes are two people for very different reasons.From my era it has to be Daley Thompson, as he epitomises the true values of hard work, total self-belief and he was not afraid to show in class with his in your face attitude to all those who dared to challenge his superiority.Plus theres Usain Bolt, as being Jamaican I have a strong loyalty to my heritage. Jamaica has had a history of producing great sprinters from such a small island, this makes me extremely proud to be Jamaican. Tony coached while he was in the army before linking up with the GB team Furthermore Usain has become the saviour of a currently dysfunctional sport that sadly we all still love, and live in hope of it cleaning up its act.And so its down to the final six months for the Scholars. Is there one bit of advice Id offer them?Stick to the task and dont change your plans - youve done it all already. Why would you change what youve done over the last three years?Its worked so far, so any changes now would mean youre panicking or youve lost your self-belief. Keep that simplicity. Also See: About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Wholesale NHL Gear .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Cheap NHL Jerseys Gear . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. http://www.cheapnhljerseysbywholesale.com/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Cheap NHL Jerseys China . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Indias challenge at the ongoing French Open ended on Thursday as PV Sindhu and HS Prannoy bowed out of the tournament in the second round in Paris.Sindhu, seeded sixth, lost 22-20, 21-17 to the unseeded?He Bingjiao from China in the womens singles event. She had previously defeated?Hong Kongs Pui Yin Yip 21-9, 29-27 in the opening round to reach the pre-quarterfinals.This was Sindhus second event after the Olympics, the first being Deenmark Open where she suffered a second-round defeat to Sayaka Sato of Japan.ddddddddddddHS Prannoy, the other Indian in the fray, lost 21-19, 21-16 to fifth seed?Chou Tien Chen from Chinese Taipei in the mens singles event. He had earlier defeated Thailands Boonsak Ponsana 21-16, 21-18 in the first round. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz