Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

03.12.2018 00:28
season opener in Calgary against the Stampeders. Reid is suffering from a jammed sacroiliac, or SI, joint and a torn ligament i Antworten

SURREY, B.C. -- Angus Reid has always been willing to bend over backwards -- and forwards -- for the B.C. Lions. Literally. But years of bending, sometimes awkwardly, will prevent the veteran centre from suiting up Friday in his teams CFL season opener in Calgary against the Stampeders. Reid is suffering from a jammed sacroiliac, or SI, joint and a torn ligament in his lower back. His return date is uncertain. "Its from doing what Ive done a long time in my life -- being in that squat position and taking pounding," said Reid, 36, who has spent his entire 13-year CFL career with the Lions. "Its a shocking thing that it hasnt happened to me earlier in my career." Reid has played in all of the Lions regular-season and playoff games over the past three years. He has only missed two games -- in 2009 -- since his rookie season in 2001, when he played just four games with Montreal and B.C. The Richmond, B.C., native, who has endured numerous injuries while often playing in pain, practised Wednesday, but agreed with the coaching staffs decision to give his aching back a chance to heal. "Its a long season," said Reid, who missed most of training camp and B.C.s two pre-season games. "I dont think anyone wants to risk putting (me) out there too early and risk doing more damage." As a result, second-year pro Matt Norman, who was to be groomed slowly as Reids eventual replacement, will start much sooner than expected. "It speeds up the process," said Reid. "I came into the season fully wanting to make the transition happen, and here we are doing it. Im not sitting here saying Im not going to play football anymore. Ill be back at some point this season. I dont know when." Norman, a guard in a 2012 rookie season who was split between the CFL and his teaching studies at the University of Western Ontario, only started to learn the craft of hiking the ball shortly before training camp. Reid, coach Mike Benevides and quarterback Travis Lulay all say Norman has been a quick student while learning the difficult task of calling plays for the offensive linemen while also snapping the ball during the two pre-season games. "Theres a lot of data," said Benevides. "Theres a lot of information. Physically, hes done an outstanding job. Cerebrally, its getting better for him because he gets to see the (defensive) looks now that he gets to concentrate on the opponent." Norman says his most difficult task has been learning the playbook. "Im just trying to get really comfortable with it -- out of the practice, outside of the game -- and then try to execute as well as I can when I step out on to the field," said the 25-year-old, who will also snap on field goals. But he will not be the only young Lions player in a vital role due to injury against the Stampeders, who upset favoured B.C. in last years West Division final. Veteran kicker Paul McCallum remains sidelined with a groin injury suffered in warmup before the final pre-season game. As a result, Hugh ONeill will finally get to kick in a CFL regular-season game after serving as McCallums understudy for the past two years. "Its awesome -- Im definitely looking forward to it," said ONeill. "Its been a long time coming. Im just looking forward to helping the team out as best I can. The last little while, its been in practice. Hopefully, now, I can do it in a game." Benevides and general manager Wally Buono planned to have McCallum, 43, and ONeill, 23, share the kicking duties this season. Depending on the length of his hiatus, McCallum, who is in his 21st CFL season, will focus on field goals while his protege takes care of kick-offs. Punting duties have yet to be finalized. ONeill is keen to handle all three duties against the Stampeders. "Ive always viewed myself as an all-around kicker/punter," he said. "I try and make myself as proficient as possible in all three facets. Pre-season was great, because I got the chance to do all three for both games." In the first exhibition contest, when McCallum was rested, ONeill went 5-for-5 and booted the winning field goal in poor weather conditions in Calgary. He did not attempt any three-pointers in a loss to Edmonton in the second pre-season game. The Lions might also have to do without another key veteran on defence. Middle linebacker Solomon Elimimians status is questionable due to an ankle injury. If he cant go, Anton McKenzie will take his place in the lineup. "Were going to see what kind of team weve got right away," said Benevides. "Were just going to challenge our depth, but I feel very good about that. I think thats where one of the strengths of our club lies." Cheap Baseball Jerseys Online . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. Wholesale MLB Jerseys China . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. http://www.wholesalemlbjerseys.us/ .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Wholesale MLB Store . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. MORE: USA | Canada | North America |?Sweden?| Russia | Finland | Europe | Czech Republic Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz