Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

06.12.2018 00:38
show that he had no choice but to give him out. But those in the crowd who realised what had happened began to boo fiercely. As Antworten

World Junior bronze-medallist Sachin Singh (49kg) on Saturday became only the third Indian boxer ever to strike gold at the AIBA Youth World Championships with a stunning unanimous victory over Cuban national champion Jorge Grinan in the summit clash at St Peterburg, Russia.The 17-year-old outpunched his more fancied rival 5-0 to record a rare Indian triumph over a Cuban boxer.Two of my fellow Indian boxers had lost to Cubans earlier in the tournament, I wanted to extract revenge and I am glad I could do it. It is very satisfying to beat stronger and better rivals, especially if it happens to be a Cuban, Sachin told PTI from St Petersburg after the brilliant triumph.It is a huge moment in my career. I fought five bouts in this tournament and I am glad I could give a performance like this. The Cuban was also good but its just that he could not trap me in his strategy. I never allowed him to get close to me, the confident youngster said.The lanky teen, who once again put his powerful left jab to good use, displayed brilliant ringcraft against his shorter and often clueless opponent.India thus finished the tournament with one gold and a bronze, a marked improvement from the solitary bronze won in the 2014 edition. Naman Tanwar (91kg) had settled for a bronze after losing in the semifinal yesterday.As promised at a send-off function before the boxers departure to Russia, the newly-formed Boxing Federation of India was quick to announce a Rs one lakh cash award for Sachin, while Naman will be presented Rs 25,000. The BFI has also promised to suitably reward the coaches travelling with the team. Our young boxers Sachin and Naman have made India proud by winning medals in the Youth World Championships. I hope these cash awards will encourage them to do even better in future. This is the first step towards our country reclaiming its rightful place as a boxing power in the world, BFI President Ajay Singh said.The Bhiwani lad, whose formative coaching took place at the Hawa Singh Academy, joined Thokchom Nanao Singh and Vikas Krishan in the Indian youth world championships gold club. While Nanao had finished on top in the 2008 edition in the now phased out 48kg category, Vikas had brought home the welterweight gold in 2010. Cheap Atlanta Braves Jerseys . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Cheap Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. http://www.cheapworldseriesjerseys.com/cheap-new-york-yankees-jerseys/ . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Cheap MLB Jerseys China . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Cheap San Francisco Giants Jerseys .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. In the days before television coverage was a given at almost every international match anywhere in the world, many controversial incidents which would now be endlessly replayed and analysed were hardly even commented upon. It took something rather special to grab the headlines.One such incident took place on the second day - a Sunday - of the first Test between West Indies and England at Port-of-Spain in February 1974.The day was drawing to an end and the crowd, which had seen a magnificent hundred from Alvin Kallicharran guide West Indies to 274 for 6 in reply to Englands disappointing 131, were drifting home as Kallicharran, unbeaten on 142, and Bernard Julien blocked out the closing overs.The last ball was bowled by Derek Underwood to Julien who gently played a forward-defensive push past Tony Greig, who was fielding in his usual position of silly point, almost close enough that he could reach out and touch the batsman.Everyone assumed that was that for the day ... except Greig. Alan Knott, Englands wicketkeeper, flicked the bails off and uprooted the stumps, Julien turned towards the pavilion, and Kallicharran, who had backed up two or three yards at the non-strikers end, carried on walking down the pitch. But Greig turned, picked up the ball, and noticing that Kallicharran was out of his ground, threw down the stumps at the bowlers end. Douglas Sang Hue, the umpire at that end, had not called time, and after a few moments hesitation, he gave Kallicharran out.There was initial confusion. Greig clapped his hands and loped towards the dressing-rooms, there was a muted acceptance from the players after Kallicharran looked at Sang Hue, who shrugged his shoulders as if to show that he had no choice but to give him out. But those in the crowd who realised what had happened began to boo fiercely. As the wickets total on the scoreboard clicked over to seven, the row escalated.The radio commentators were at the same time analysing what had happened, and they concluded that as Knott had removed the stumps at the strikers end, then play was over, whether Sang Hue had called time or not. This was enough for the scoreboard operators, who replaced the seven in the wickets column with a six. Most of the spectators left the ground believing that Kallicharran had been reinstated.It wasnt that simple. A meeting involving the two captains, Donald Carr (Englands tour manager), the umpires, and representatives of the West Indian board was hastily convened in the Port-of-Spain pavilion as police patrolled the ground in case of trouble (as it happens, a small fire was started under one of the stands).The players, meanwhile, had changedd, and Greig was driven back to his hotel by Garry Sobers, on the assumption that while the crowd might want Greigs blood, they would not touch him while he was with a legend like Sobers.dddddddddddd There was no sign of tension between the two sets of players, either.At Queens Park Oval, however, the discussions were heated - but after more than two-and-a-half hours, common sense prevailed. Although Sang Hue stood by his decision, he was ultimately overruled but backed to the hilt for giving Kallicharran out.A hasty press conference was called and the assembled media were told that Mike Denness, Englands captain, and Carr had decided that in the interest of cricket as a whole, and the future of this tour in particular ... the appeal against the batsman be withdrawn. The statement also carried an apology from Greig, who in no way intended his instinctive actions to be contrary to the spirit of the game.What could have been a crisis was resolved by some sensible diplomacy and sound common sense. What is remarkable is that nobody came out of the whole episode badly, not even Greig. Some critics moaned that the reversal of the decision had been a result of mob rule, and fear that the crowds the next day - and throughout the series - might turn ugly. But with hindsight, reinstating Kallicharran was right given the circumstances. Sometimes it is all about the interpretation of the laws rather than the letter of them.The situation was further defused by the fact that the Monday was the scheduled rest day, and when play resumed on the Tuesday the matter had been discussed, dissected and done away with. Greig and Kallicharran publicly shook hands in the middle of the pitch before the resumption, and all was well.Kallicharran added only 16 more runs on the third morning, during which time he was dropped three times, all off the offspinner Pat Pocock, before holing out to him for 158. West Indies went on to win the match by seven wickets.As for Greig, it was not the last act of a highly controversial career, and not his last brush with the West Indies. By 1976 he had become Englands captain, and ahead of that summers home series against them, he uttered his infamous grovel jibe. The fallout from that lasted the whole tour.Is there an incident from the past you would like to know more about? E-mail us with your comments and suggestions.BibliographyTesting Time - Christopher Martin-Jenkins (Macdonald, 1974)My Story Tony Greig (Stanley Paul, 1980)The Cricketer April 1974Wisden Cricketers Almanack 1975 cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz