Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

17.12.2018 08:33
to the winner of the South Carolina-Texas A&M game. The award is a bronze sculpture of James Bonham, a South Carolina student wh Antworten

Ive had my share of controversial quotes aired or published. But in talking to the media, I always strove for accuracy, clarity, and honesty. And sometimes a little fun. A few quotes attributed to me, however, I did not say. Most I did. And all the silly jokes and funny comments were in the off-season.Over the years Ive saved certain special comments for Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and FSU. And I always stood behind the quotes I actually made.Probably my favorite quote was a comment I made on why South Carolina always preferred playing Georgia early in the season.I said, I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended. Their AD, Greg McGarity, who I knew when he was at Florida, remarked: How can you be mad at him for saying that? Its the truth! A few Bulldog fans even came up to me and said, I like that one! Apparently, even our rivals sometimes agreed with my comments about their teams.A lot of this back and forth began my first year at Florida in response to some of the stuff said by Georgia fans and coaches. And it sort of carried over to South Carolina.Clemson was a natural target while I was at South Carolina and enjoyed trading light jabs with Dabo Swinney. Dabo and I seemed to enjoy going back and forth. Clemson, of course, has nicknamed its Memorial Stadium Death Valley. So just to have a little fun, I was talking to the media one day when I suggested there were several stadiums with that name -- one being LSUs in Baton Rouge.I said, Most of our guys have never been to Death Valley. That [LSUs] is the Death Valley, isnt it? Or is there another one? Theres two of them? Thats right, theres two Death Valleys. Was LSU the first one or the second one? They were first? Oh, okay.Dabo fired back, saying for sure his stadium was the original Death Valley. And then he added: I am pretty sure that is accurate, but I can see where he might have had a little confusion. Our guys have never been to USC. California is a long way from here. I can see where there might be a little confusion there -- two Death Valleys and two USCs, but there is only one real one. That is classic Spurrier. When he is winning, you can say anything you want. He is one of the best.One quote I did not make, but that was originally attributed to me following our 34-13 win over Clemson in 2011: Todd Ellis, our play-by-play announcer, was actually the one who said, We arent LSU and we arent Alabama. But we sure aint Clemson.Unfortunately, that quote got picked up on our official Twitter account and it was assumed I said it.Coach Swinney fired back: They aint Alabama. They aint LSU. And theyre certainly not Clemson. Thats why Carolinas in Chapel Hill and USCs in California and the university in this state always has been, always will be Clemson ... You can print that, tweet that, whatever.Eventually my friend Dabo and I got that cleared up and now we can look back at it and laugh.Then somehow Dabo and I got to talking about planets and he said about me: Hes from Pluto, and Im from Mars.And I responded: Dabo probably thinks theres only, what, nine planets out there? I think I read where Pluto may not be considered one now. Since I also dont believe in going off the record, everything I said for print or broadcast was often quite candid. My quotes were not contrived. Sometimes they were just spontaneous.Other times in the off-season when I spoke to alumni groups and told jokes, they were meant to stir up a little fun, or in some cases use humor to point out a discrepancy or a serious issue. Such as the shoe scandal in Tallahassee during Florida States national championship season in 1993 when agents were found to have bought more than $6,000 worth of shoes for Seminoles players.At a Gator Club meeting the next year, I said: You know what FSU stands for, dont you? Free Shoes University. That one stuck.A lot of times us coaches would use humorous stuff to fire up our fan bases in the off-season. I just enjoyed commenting and joking about our opponents. And they told jokes on us and it never bothered me. Including Bobby Bowden! Youll never see me upset when somebody says something about us.So just like my visor, my quotes were very much a part of who I am and how I coached.Sometimes it was a case of reacting to a question. One day in Hoover, Alabama, during SEC Media Days 2014, I was asked about the newly created trophy that would go to the winner of the South Carolina-Texas A&M game. The award is a bronze sculpture of James Bonham, a South Carolina student who would become a hero at the Battle of the Alamo. And so I remarked: I dont know. I was raised in Tennessee and we were always taught that Davy Crockett was the hero of the Alamo.A little later, after reading the story of James Bonham, I added: Im sure this guy Bonham was a hero and did a lot of good.Truthfully, I dont look back at what I said unless its called to my attention. But the editors of this book asked me to go over the list of my quotes they dug out for verification. And here are the ones that I claim:At SEC Media Days 2015 when I had been asked so many times about retiring, I opened with this remark to the media: A lot of familiar faces out there. I wouldve figured a bunch of you guys would have retired by now. On retirement: Somebody said, Why are you still coaching? I said, Well, I forgot to get fired, and Im not going to cheat. Thats about the only way you lose your job: You get fired for losing or you cheat and then they get somebody else. Ive not done any of those to any extent big-time, I guess.On critics: I know the critics are out there. Thats why theyre called critics. They criticize everything. We gave them something to criticize [in 2014].On playing more than one quarterback: Ive been a coach to play two quarterbacks. You can win with two. Nothing in the rule book that says you have to play with one.On managing players at my age, I made mention of Pope Francis, and it was one of my favorites: They appointed this guy, and hes seventy-seven years old, and hes the leader of a billion people in the world. They call him the pope, and he replaced a guy that was eighty-five years old. So if he can be the leader of over a billion people worldwide, surely I can get eleven guys on the field.An old joke I used many times at speaking engagements, about at a fire that burned twenty books at an Auburn University football dorm: But the real tragedy was that fifteen hadnt been colored yet!To a photographer as our team posed in the Georgia Dome in December 1995 after winning our third of four consecutive SEC championships: This is becoming our annual team picture.A reporter asked who our punter Josh Korn was: Im not sure, but I think hes Jimmy Cracks brother.Asked about a streaker who ran onto the field: In my experience, Ive learned women are better streakers.Asked by Tennessee reporters how I felt being in Big Orange Country: I thought this was Vanderbilt country.When Jadeveon Clowney got a speeding ticket: I didnt know Jadeveons car could go that fast. He doesnt have a pretty car like those FSU guys used to drive.When the Gators were playing at Tennessees newly refurbished Neyland Stadium facility, asked at halftime how loud it was: It was really loud, possibly louder than the Swamp. And then the game started.At a Gator Club meeting in Orlando in the summer of 1997 after Tennessee had played in the Citrus Bowl three straight years: You cant spell Citrus Bowl without a UT in it.After our kicker Josh Brown made a career-long forty-nine-yard field goal to beat Tennessee 16-15 at Neyland Stadium in 2005: Ive finally got a new line: God is smiling on the Gamecocks.And finally, this next one is not my quote. It was a story written and told by writer Chris Harry, then with The Tampa Tribune. He and his wife had gone to the movies and their babysitter answered the phone when I called, for some reason Ive forgotten. It went like this, according to Harry:She asked, Is this Coach Spurrier? This is Christine. Im Jeff Mitchells girlfriend. [Mitchell was one of our best our offensive linemen.]Jeff Mitchells girlfriend? I responded. Jeff Mitchell jumped offsides today!I guess its true. After all, we coaches take advantage of every teaching opportunity we can get!From the upcoming book Head Ball Coach by Steve Spurrier, reprinted with permission from Blue Rider Press, an imprint of Penguin USA. Click here for more information or to pre-order a copy. Wholesale Nike Roshe Shoes .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Nike Roshe Shoes China .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. http://www.nikeroshecheap.com/ . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Nike Roshe Sneakers On Sale . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. Cheap Nike Roshe Free Shipping .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. AUBURN, Ala. - Kristen Dodson and Brooke Ramsier got on the scoresheet to pace Auburn to a 2-1 victory over Vanderbilt on Friday night. It was the first conference match of the season for both squads, with the Tigers (4-3-0, 1-0-0 SEC) prevailing at home.Obviously, were happy with the result, said head coach Karen Hoppa. Any win in this conference is a great win. I thought Vanderbilt did a tremendous job of responding to our second goal and making it a tight game. We were able to grind it out at the end, but we have got to do a better job finishing.Auburn more than doubled Vanderbilts (4-3-0, 0-1-0) shot output with a 15-7 margin. The Tigers remained on the attack for the full 90 minutes, notching nine corners and allowing just two in the match.The hosts got on the board first in the 15th minute when Casie Ramsier was brought down in the box, forcing a penalty. Brooke Ramsier then stepped up and slotted her first goal of the season into the back of the net, giving Auburn an early 1-0 lead.I just knew I had the confidence of my teammates and they believed in me, said Brooke Ramsier. I had confidence from past success in taking penalties, so with my teams support and belief in my own head, I knew if I smashed it into the back of the net, it would go in.The Tigers nearly doubled their lead when Bri Folds laced a shot from long range that glanced off the goalkeepers hands and rattled the crossbar in the 25th minute of play.Auburn maintained its lead into the break and held a 4-1 advantage in both shots and corners after the first 45 minutes.ddddddddddddThe Tigers came roaring out of halftime with a flurry of chances as five shots in a span of just over two minutes kept the pressure on.We had so many opportunities out of halftime and weve got to take care of business, said Hoppa. That was the whole goal, to start out that first 15 minutes on the front foot to really get after [Vanderbilt].In the opening five minutes of the second half, Casie Ramsier registered a shot on frame and moved up the charts on the programs all-time shots list, surpassing Katy Frierson. The senior now has 231 on her career.Dodson then netted what turned out to be the match-winner in the 74th minute, when a Commodore defenders clearance found the feet of the junior, who buried her third goal of 2016.Just one minute later, Vanderbilt got a goal back and made it a one-goal game at 2-1. However, it was not enough as the back line of Auburn held strong in the final 15 minutes to secure a 1-0 start to conference play.Any time in this conference is good to get a win, stated Dodson. Were heading in the right direction.The Tigers return to the pitch for their final non-conference match of the regular season against Baylor on Sunday. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. at the Auburn Soccer Complex. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz