Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

28.12.2018 11:18
r World Cups with the national team. She also has a pair of Olympic gold medals from the 2004 Games in Athens and the 2012 Games Antworten

Abby Wambach says she abused alcohol and prescription drugs for years until her arrest for driving under the influence in April.I was stubborn and I was in denial, soccers most prolific international goal scorer told The Associated Press in a phone interview. I didnt want to face the truth.In Forward, her memoir set for release on Tuesday, the retired U.S. national team star recounts her career, from the lows of losing her high school championship to the highs of winning the Womens World Cup last year. She also chronicles her high-profile marriage to fellow soccer player Sarah Huffman and the struggles they faced.And she tells of her bouts with vodka and pills, which included Vicodin, Ambien and Adderall.Chapters in the book are words that she has been labeled: tomboy, captain, lesbian, and yes, addict.That night getting arrested was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Because if I dont get so publicly shamed and publicly humiliated, I dont think I wake up, she said as she prepared for a book tour. I think I was asleep for a lot of years. Asleep to the pleas from my family and friends, and even myself, to get help. So that night I was humiliated enough to wake up.With 184 goals, Wambach is the leading career scorer -- male or female -- in international soccer. She retired in December after 15 years with the U.S. womens national team.She says she has been sober since the night she was pulled over in Portland, Oregon, after dinner with friends. It was her rock bottom: Her mugshot was everywhere the next morning.This was not what she imagined her legacy to be.Wambach said that night was a culmination of events as her life spiraled out of control. Her marriage was on the rocks, she was wrestling with her retirement and her direction, and she had just taken a new job with ESPN.She issued a statement on Facebook after she was released from jail the next morning, taking full responsibility for her actions and apologizing to her friends, family and fans. In the aftermath, MINI USA withdrew her from its advertising.She pleaded guilty, agreeing to enter a diversion program for first-time offenders that included treatment.In the book, she never pins down a moment that alcohol and drugs started to become a problem. Like so many who have shared her experience, it developed over time. Those closest to her tried to reach out, including Huffman, fellow national team player Sydney Leroux and friend Kara Mirarchi.Not only was I hiding this secret from the world for so long, so were the people that I loved -- they loved me so fiercely they wanted to protect me as much as possible, almost from myself. Sarah was definitely one of my saving graces because she was one of the first people in my life who made me aware of the problems that I was having, Wambach said. And this was years ago. This isnt something that just snuck up on me when I retired from soccer. This is something Ive been dealing with for years now.Wambach capped her illustrious career with the sports most prestigious championship when the United States defeated Japan 5-2 in Canada last summer for the Womens World Cup. It was the third World Cup title for the U.S. women and first since 1999.The FIFA World Player of the Year in 2012, Wambach appeared in four World Cups with the national team. She also has a pair of Olympic gold medals from the 2004 Games in Athens and the 2012 Games in London. She did not compete in the Beijing Games because of a broken leg.Wambach announced her retirement last October and played her last match with the team in December, a 1-0 victory tour loss to China in New Orleans. She said she looks back at pictures from that game and her eyes seem hollow.Wambach became more active tackling social and political issues in the later years of her career, and has been outspoken about gender equity in particular. She led a group of players in protesting FIFAs decision to play the 2015 World Cup on artificial turf, which is considered by many to be inferior to grass.In retirement, she has campaigned for Hillary Clinton for president. She also has a weekly podcast and other work for ESPN. But most importantly, shes working on becoming a whole human being now that shes not numbing herself.Wambach and Huffman, whose kiss following the World Cup victory became one of the most memorable photos of the tournament, could not work out their differences and are divorcing.In her interview with the AP, Wambach was far less guarded than shed been in past conversations. After earlier this year proclaiming I dont get nervous, her emotions were more on the surface as she sincerely admitted her foibles.Its really hard to talk about things when youre ashamed, she said. And Im not ashamed about what happened to me anymore because it led me to where Im at right now. Im proud of where Im at. Clearance Air Max 720 . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Air Max 720 Cheap Wholesale . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. http://www.airmax720outlet.com/ .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Air Max 720 Wholesale Free Shipping . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Wholesale Air Max 720 . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. J.T. Barrett wont ever get to play a Red River Rivalry game in the Cotton Bowl, so hell have to settle for the next best thing: a road game at Oklahoma.The Texas native rooted for the Longhorns when he was a kid. He wanted to be the quarterback Texas took in its 2013 recruiting class, and attended the 2011 OU-Texas game as a UT recruit. Ohio States road trip to Norman this week means a little bit more to Barrett than most Buckeyes.He had aspirations of being a Longhorn and that didnt come true, so this is probably the closest thing to playing that game, you know? said Jim Garfield, Barretts coach at S. H. Rider High School. Its huge for him.Garfield considers this almost a homecoming game for Barrett. He grew up in Wichita Falls, a city in North Texas located just 140 miles south of Norman. Barrett grew up around a lot of Sooners fans, but wanted to be the next Vince Young.J.T.s a unique individual. He holds his cards to his chest pretty good, Garfield said. But you could tell, growing up, he was a big Texas fan.In the spring of 2012, Texas coaches were debating between offering either Wichita Falls Barrett or Whitewrights Tyrone Swoopes. Garfield knew Texas assistant Darrell Wyatt, Barretts lead recruiter, was sold on Barrett and impressed by the leadership qualities that have now helped him go 17-2 as the Buckeyes starter.I think J.T. would be the first to admit that I think early in the recruiting process, had the University of Texas offered him, he probably would have committed to them, then-Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman told Cleveland.com in 2014. But they didnt.The Longhorns decided they had to take Swoopes, the small-town star with the big body (6-foot-5, 230 pounds), big arm and big potential. He was the one who evoked comparisons to Young. Five days after he received his offer in February 2012, Swoopes committed to Texas. And yet, Barrett still considered taking a junior day visit to Texas despite Swoopes pledge.What if Texas couldve had both? Would Barrett have agreed to join Swoopes in the class had he been offered? Garfield has no doubt.Oh yeah, he said. When wed talk about Ohio State, hed say, I dont care. They can bring King Kong in here. Im gonna go get the starting spot. Thats the kind of mentality J.T. had through the whole thing. If they wouldve double-offered him and Swoopes, he wouldve had the same thought: I dont care who it is, Im gonna go compete and take the starting spot.I think that wouldve been great, Swoopees said this week of the idea of playing with Barrett.dddddddddddd I like J.T. a lot. Being able to play with him wouldve been fun.But Texas wasnt signing two quarterbacks. Barrett canceled his junior day trip five days after Swoopes pledge because he knew the offer wasnt coming.Fortunately, the new offensive coordinator at Ohio State was interested. Herman had been on the job for only a few months when he landed a commitment from Barrett in April 2012.Herman took a bit of a risk. He accepted a commitment before actually seeing Barrett throw in person. But he knew LSU was pushing Barrett hard for a pledge, and Herman didnt want to wait too long and lose the kid. Once he picked Ohio State, Barrett vowed he was completely done with recruiting. Garfield said he never got the sense Barrett was disappointed things didnt work out with Texas. But he never forgot it.He had quite a few offers, but I think the one from Texas that he didnt get, that kind of stoked his coals, so to speak, Garfield said.Even during the highest highs of his Ohio State career, that snub was still on Barretts mind. In the locker room after the Buckeyes national championship win over Oregon in January 2014, Barrett was asked if the Longhorns made a mistake by not offering him. Shoot, you can tell em that, he said. I dont need to tell em that. They saw the film. Talk to Mack Brown.Not that Barrett would change a thing. Everything has worked out for him in Columbus. Swoopes is doing OK these days, too, having found success in his 18-wheeler power run package. Texas seems to have finally found its long-term answer at QB in Shane Buechele.And Barrett still gets his shot at the Sooners.Being here at Ohio State, those are the type of games you play for -- big-time games against a great opponent at their place on the road, Barrett said Saturday. Its exciting. Thats why you go to Ohio State.When Barrett takes the field Saturday night, Garfield says a strong Wichita Falls contingent will be in the stands rooting him on. Garfield is now the head coach at Elgin (Texas) High but says he still talks to Barrett on a weekly basis. He knows facing Oklahoma was sort of a boyhood dream for his former quarterback.And Barrett knows, in the end, he picked the right school and the right rivalry.I can tell you one thing: Its not like Ohio State and That Team Up North, he said. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz