Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

05.01.2019 02:33
physicality of a butterfly. The only contact she wanted was a high-five from a teammate. Stay away from the post, she thought. Antworten

As a freshman, Rennia Davis played basketball with the physicality of a butterfly. The only contact she wanted was a high-five from a teammate. Stay away from the post, she thought. The backcourt, that was the place to spread her wings.But Kimberly Davis Powell, coach of her Florida Essence AAU team, wasnt about to let that fly. She wanted to toughen Davis up, inside and out, so she could become a versatile talent.I was almost defiant, Davis said of giving the post a shot. I would just stand there. I didnt want to touch the ball down there. I was tall, but I didnt have that much weight on me (130 pounds at the time). If a point guard was looking to throw the ball to me in the post, I was like, No. Go the other way. Reverse the ball. Do something else. I dont want it. Davis mother, Sheretta Davis, had her daughters back.I said, Oh my God, my baby doesnt hardly weigh more than 100 pounds. Theyre going to kill my baby, Sheretta Davis said.Turns out, Davis Powell knew what she was doing.Davis, now a 6-foot-1, 150-pound senior wing at Ribault (Jacksonville, Florida), is the No. 16 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2017 class. Last year, she was the Class 5A player of the year in Florida after posting double-doubles in 29 of Ribaults 31 games. She averaged 20.3 points and 10.4 rebounds. She led her team to a state title and then the championship of the Dicks Sporting Goods High School Nationals at New York Citys Madison Square Garden.Ribault finished 30-1, and Davis was the MVP of the Dicks tournament. She had 23 points and eight rebounds in a finals win over Riverdale Baptist (Upper Marlboro, Maryland). Davis had 20 points and 13 rebounds in a semifinal win over Seton Catholic (Chandler, Arizona).If Rennia didnt have a good game, it would have been hard for us to win, said former Ribault guard Kayla Rogers, now a freshman playing for FIU in Miami. The potential that I had always seen in her came out in that tournament.Mystery talentWhere that potential came from, nobody knows.Davis has no brothers. She has three sisters, and none of them play sports. Sheretta, a single mom, wasnt an athlete, either.But when Davis was in sixth grade, she asked her mother to sign her up for basketball.I said, No, girls dont play basketball, Sheretta said. I had only known basketball as a mens sport.Thats when little Rennia explained to her mother about the WNBA and how basketball can actually be a career for women. Somewhat convinced, Sheretta took her daughter to the local Police Athletic League. Unfortunately, they had missed the sign-up deadline and were told to come back next year.Davis insisted her mother mark the next sign-up date on the family calendar. Sheretta did so, but -- deep down -- she was hoping her daughter would forget.A year later, Davis asked her mom to put a basketball hoop in the driveway, and that became her Christmas gift.Ribault coach Sheila Seymour-Pennick saw Davis play during her eighth-grade year and was impressed.Even though the other girls werent at her level, the coach said, she still shared the ball.By freshman year, Davis was an obvious talent. But Davis Powell wanted more out of her.For starters, the coach thought Davis could play up a level or two in AAU ball, against older girls, a move that her mother fought. Sheretta admits she didnt know much about basketball, but that didnt stop her from voicing her opinions.I told [Davis Powell,] If it aint broke, dont fix it, Sheretta said. I was pretty upset.Davis Powell, though, stood firm about playing up and also about working in the post.I always knew Rennia was a guard, the coach said. But she wasnt physical. She hated contact. We had epic battles with her and her mom. It took about [18 months] to convince them.It was constant communication. I told Rennia, Im not asking you to be a post player. Just turn and face, and take girls off the dribble. Her persistence paid off.During her junior year, when college coaches were allowed to start calling her, Davis Powell said, her mother contacted me to thank me. College coaches loved how versatile Rennia had become.Colleges lining upDavis said she no longer minds playing in the post or guarding bigger players. She said she has gone from being one of the two weakest Ribault players in the weight room in her freshman year to one of the two strongest.This Saturday -- in part because of the all work she has put in -- Davis will get a home visit from Tennessee coaches. On Sunday, Kansas coaches will swing by, and on Monday it will be Rutgers turn. Depending on the vibes she gets from those coaches, Davis will pick two of those three schools to add to her list of finalists. She already has official visits lined up for Georgia Tech later this month and Maryland and Oklahoma in October.With a 3.8 GPA, Davis seems like a sure bet to succeed as a student-athlete. And, because of her participation in Ribaults early-college program, Davis will enter college with an associates degree and a two-year head start on most freshmen.She plans to use her four-year scholarship to finish her bachelors degree and start work on her masters in business and restaurant management.After shes done playing basketball, Davis said she wants to own her own restaurant, where another one of her talents -- cooking -- can be on full display.Davis said her chef skills are mostly self-taught. She watched her mom as a child and did the rest on her own. Her specialties are seafood and soul food.And because shes a self-described neat freak, there is a certain order to how she prepares her meals and how they look.Shes an awesome cook, her mother said. Her food is not only tasty, but its pretty, too. I dont know where she gets that. Air Max 97 China Wholesale . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Cheap Air Max 97 China . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. http://www.cheapnikeairmax97.com/ . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Air Max 97 Wholesale . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. Air Max 97 Clearance . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves have finalized an $11.5 million, two-year contract with utility player Sean Rodriguez.The team announced the deal Wednesday after Rodriguez passed a physical.The 31-year-old provides depth with major league starts at every position except catcher. He hit .270 with 18 homers and 56 RBI -- all career highs -- for Pittsburgh in 2016.Roodriguez has his most career starts at second base but saw more time at first base with the Pirates last season.dddddddddddd He has a .234 career batting average in nine seasons with the Los Angeles Angels, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz