Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

27.01.2019 09:32
ell. Shes played commanding, cant-touch-me tennis ever since Christina McHale gave her a scare in a three-set, second-round batt Antworten

LONDON -- For the second time in about six months, a protégé and near doppelganger of retired German star Steffi Graf will try to prevent Serena Williams from claiming a place alongside Graf as the all-time Grand Slam singles champ with 22 titles.The hopeful spoiler in the Wimbledon final once again is 28-year-old No. 4 seed German Angelique Kerber, who plays Williams on Saturday at 9 a.m. ET on ESPN. Despite never having appeared in a Grand Slam final, Kerber foiled Williams attempt to equal Graf in Januarys Australian Open final.I made a lot of errors in that match, Williams said of the match in Melbourne. [Kerber] made little to no unforced errors. She played great. She came out swinging, ready to win. She was fearless. Thats something I learned. When I go into a final, I, too, need to be fearless like she was.Williams comment is juicy, composed of equal parts humility and warning. Call it a sequel -- and more. Its the fourth episode of The Hunt for Grafs Record and the second that features Williams and Kerber as co-stars.As much as players avoid words like grudge match, how could they not be operative? Melbourne was nothing less than an upset by a championship-match neophyte. Its time to even the score.Williams has prepared well. Shes played commanding, cant-touch-me tennis ever since Christina McHale gave her a scare in a three-set, second-round battle. But the familiar emotional outbursts and cries of desperation that marked Williams progress -- and flameouts -- in recent tournaments have yielded to quiet confidence like thunder and lightning giving way to refreshing, washed-out silence.Right now I feel like its pretty good, Williams said. I felt great in other tournaments as well. But I feel a little different. I just feel more relaxed and more at peace than I may have been in the past.Williams greatest assets are her monstrous serves and the blazing pace of her returns and groundstrokes. Williams crushed Elena Vesnina in the semifinal in under an hour. The beaten Russian spoke of Williams with awe afterward. She acknowledged she could do nothing with Williams overpowering serve but reminded the media that there was far more to the six-time champions game.Vesnina praised Williams variety of spins and said of her serve return: Its so fast, you cannot even finish your serve, then the balls already passing you with a clear winner.Kerber is feeling just as calm and centered as Williams. Serial slumps followed two or three good tournaments after her breakout. Shes restored her status here.I think that I should play my game, being aggressive, just going for it, trying to win the match, not hoping that, yeah, she will miss, Kerber said. She will not [be] missing the ball. She will go out there trying to winning. I think this for me will be very important to take the match in my hands.At 5-foot-7, Kerber is an inch shorter than Graf, who played an athletic game based on speed and a punishing forehand. Kerber is mobile with a low center of gravity and a far more versatile game. She can use her wrists as effectively as flippers on a pinball machine.The two great resources Kerber hopes to draw on with grass instead of cement underfoot are her mobility and her serve. Shes not a sprinter, but shes a great mover who gets to a lot of balls and plays low ones especially well. Grass also likes left-handers; the southpaw slice is a particularly tough serve for right-handers to handle on grass.When I have not too many nerves, I can serve a little bit better, Kerber said. This makes me much more dangerous than on hard.Note the caveat about nerves that Kerber attached to the comment about her serve. In Australia, she overcame a history of growing and throwing in puffball serves under pressure. If she can reproduce that performance and resist the jitters, Williams will have to call on all her resources in her quest for No. 22.I expect, for sure, a really tough match, Kerber said. I know that she will go out and try to beat me, especially because she lost against me in Australia. Nike SB Shoes Outlet Store .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. Wholesale Nike SB Shoes Free Shipping . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. http://www.cheapnikesb.com/ . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Cheap Nike SB Shoes China . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Discount Nike SB Shoes . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. PHOENIX -- Paul Goldschmidt seems to do it all for the Arizona Diamondbacks. It had been nearly two years since his last game-ending homer, though.He had the big hit Monday night, connecting to lead off the ninth inning and lift the Diamondbacks over the Atlanta Braves 9-8.He homered off John Gant (1-3), sending an 0-1 pitch deep into seats in left field and helping Arizona overcome a five-run deficit and a two-homer night from Freddie Freeman.Arizona had its largest comeback win since June 3, 2015, when it bested the Braves after being down by six.This was Goldschmidts fourth career walkoff homer and sixth game-ending hit.The tendency in a tie game or extra innings is try to hit home runs. We have played some extra inning games and that has just not worked out for me and Im sure for most guys, Goldschmidt said. Its nice not to have to take home a moral victory, get an actual one.Freeman hit a solo homer off Enrique Burgos (1-1) to tie it in the ninth.Welington Castillo hit a two-out bases-loaded double during a four-run seventh that put Arizona ahead 8-7 after it trailed 5-0 in the second.All four runs came off Arodys Vizcaino. Michael Bourns single drove in Jean Segura to make it 7-5, then Goldschmidt singled and one out later, Yasmany Tomas walked. Castillo then lined a 2-0 pitch into the gap in left-center to clear the bases.Ive said it all year, these guys have battled, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. We have gone through some tough times. We have fallen behind. I have never thought theyve given up. I always tip my hat to them.Tomas hit a two-run homer in the third, giving the slugger homers in four straight games at Chase Field. Hes the fourth player in club history to do that.Freeman and Adonis Garcia each hit two-run homers while the Braves scored the first five runs. Freeman, with three hits on the night, raised his career average to .400 at Chase Field with 50 hits, including 12 home runs.I love this place, Freeman said. I like it more than Colorado. I think its the batters eye. You just get in that box and you just feel good. You see everything.Freeman returned to the lineup afteer missing Sundays game with a finger injury.dddddddddddd He also doubled and scored three times.Fingers good. Felt good. Didnt know what to expect, just seeing what was going to happen, he said. Decided to be aggressive on my first at-bat and got the first one (home run), and that calmed everything down after that.Nick Markakis had three hits and an RBI. Mike Foltynewicz pitched six innings and allowed four runs and nine hits, striking out seven.Atlantas big lead disappeared with Chris Owings RBI single in the bottom of the second, Goldschmidts sacrifice fly in the third and Tomas home run, trimming the Braves lead to 5-4. But Atlanta scored twice in the top of the fifth with Markakis single and Chase dArnauds sacrifice fly to take a three-run lead.Arizona starter Zack Godley allowed seven runs in five innings. He allowed nine hits, walked three and struck out three.WELCOME BACKFormer Diamondback Ender Inciarte, the Braves leadoff man Monday, received a round of applause and a few cheers upon being announced to start the game. Inciarte and former Arizona top prospect Dansby Swanson, traded to Atlanta for Shelby Miller in the offseason, were in Mondays lineup. Inciarte had two hits and scored twice.TRAINERS ROOMBraves: IF-OF Jace Peterson was scratched from the lineup after crashing into a wall making a catch Sunday. He reported soreness after going shoulder-first into the center-field wall at Turner Field and was replaced by dArnaud at second base Monday. Peterson remained in Sundays game and hit a game-ending homer in the 10th.Diamondbacks: OF A.J. Pollock is expected to be activated from the disabled list later this week. Hes yet to play this season while recovering from a broken right elbow.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Rob Whalen (1-2, 5.73 ERA) is scheduled to pitch against Arizona. Hes never faced the Diamondbacks in his career.Diamondbacks: RHP Archie Bradley gets the call for Arizona. Hes 4-8 with a 5.04 ERA and will be making his second career start against the Braves. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz