Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

29.01.2019 10:15
I lost the finals at the [judo] world championships when I wanted to be world champ like my mother. My dream since I was a littl Antworten

Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey sat peerless as the unbeatable king and queen of the cage yet it is only now they have been exposed as mere civilians that they can prove their true greatness. The UFC hotshots carried their sport on their shoulders, jostling for all-time records and finishing foes in quicker and quicker times. Street artists painted overbearing murals of their likeness in OConnell Street and Venice Beach that looked protectively over the people of Dublin and California. But in recent times, McGregor and Rousey have been dealt harsh reminders that they have the same vulnerabilities as the rest of us.Their fearsome reputations have been shattered by defeat, McGregor last weekend and Rousey in November. It will be of little solace to be reminded that even iconic boxer Muhammad Ali was knocked off his pedestal and forced to clamber back up, making him greater than ever before. McGregor, 27, and Rousey, 29, have ample time to recover but their polar opposite relationship with the idea of defeat begs an interesting question as to the best method of dominating a sport. These things happen in MMA. I took a chance and it didnt work out. Conor McGregor Nobody knows what failure feels like more than I do and thats why Im the person who walks in there willing to die in order to win, Rousey dramatically stated days before losing her world time and undefeated record to Holly Holm. Her intense fear of failure drove her to the top, yet McGregor joined her at the pinnacle by embracing risk and reward. These things happen in MMA, he said last weekend after losing to Nate Diaz after voluntarily fighting 25lbs higher than usual. I took a chance and it didnt work out. But whose approach will see them re-emerge?They have both suffered crushing defeats prior to their UFC prime. Rousey, the daughter of Americas first judo world champion, followed her mothers sporting example but failed to win gold at the 2008 Olympics after a lifetime of preparation. Just two months earlier McGregor lost his third pro MMA fight by submission, a skill-set he previously had no interest in. That summer, two future fighting greats walked out of their respective gyms and slammed the door shut behind them. Ronda Rousey never accomplished her childhood dream of an Olympic gold He was only 20 when he lost the first time, McGregors striking coach Owen Roddy told Sky Sports. He went missing for a while, it was a hard loss for him. It was in Crumlin and there was a lot of support for him. He gave up training for nearly a year but then came back, realising he couldnt just go out with the lads.Rouseys Olympic coach Jimmy Pedro told Sky Sports: She was tired of judo, didnt want to grind for another four years before the next Olympics, and wanted something bigger. In judo she got a decent amount of wins by armbar but she couldnt do it to everyone. She wasnt a gold medal winner in every event. She never won the world championships. In the Olympics, she took a bronze once. But she wasnt dominating the major events. Nobody knows what failure feels like more than I do and thats why Im the person who walks in there willing to die in order to win. Ronda Rousey Perhaps a telling sign that McGregor and Rouseys fate would be to headline million-dollar Las Vegas events is the way they failed to adapt outside of the gym. The Irishman has told of his misery at waking up at dawn to work as a plumber, while Rouseys autobiography details difficulties as a barmaid whose Olympic medal was of little use. On opposite sides of the Atlantic, a pair of troublesome early-twentysomethings still hadnt found their calling. McGregor had to be begged back into the gym by concerned coaches, while Rouseys judo coach Pedro remembers she rebelled against her mother - she wasnt disciplined like she is today.Further significant setbacks would await both, years before their defeats on the UFC stage. McGregor eventually stumbled back into the Straight Blast Gym, where he still calls home, but lost another fight by submission in 2010. After his second loss he was more mature, said coach Roddy. He came back to the gym the following week to correct his mistakes. From then on, he was open to every aspect of the game. Anywhere he felt lacking, he focused all his time there. Instead of shying away he threw himself in at the deep end. He went over to Iceland to train his ground game and came back more Zen. Conor McGregor (left) improved into a much better fighter after his second defeat There has never been anything Zen about the fierce Rousey who, around the same time as McGregors second loss, spent months grafting for acceptance at the Glendale Fighting Club who were skeptical of a woman in a mans world. Her first MMA fights were won at a canter, but at a time when women in the cage were consigned to the underground. Money remained tight for both McGregor and Rousey in those days but they believed, for different reasons, in a distant dream.My goal is to be the best version of myself that is possible - and the best version is the greatest fighter of all time, McGregor told Sky Sports in January 2015 after four UFC wins. When a guy like me comes along with the number of people that I bring with me, everyone else has to step aside. I feel like a veteran now. I have found comfort in this circus. I find comfort in the uncomfortable. Days after telling Sky Sports about his goal, McGregor beat Dennis Siver to set up a world title shot But Rousey never allowed herself to be comfortable, even after pioneering females in the UFC and becoming an undefeated, inaugural womens champion. While McGregor grew through the knowledge of defeat, Rousey was motivated by the horror of repeating her failures. There are only a few people who truly hate losing more than they enjoy winning, Rouseys ex-coach Pedro remembered. Two opposite approaches met in a cacophony of sporting triumph throughout 2014 and 2015, and the money and fame followed. Life was good at the top - Rousey was cast in multiple Hollywood blockbusters, McGregor revelled in designer suits driving Rolls-Royces. But when the cage locked, they could fight, and they reminded us frequently of their own brilliance.Ive endured the worst losses possible, Rousey said in November before fighting Holm. I lost the finals at the [judo] world championships when I wanted to be world champ like my mother. My dream since I was a little kid was to win at the Olympics and I failed twice. For every other girl in the division, its easier for them to lose and go home with a pay check. Ive lost enough in my life. That startling reality-check came after three previous opponents had lasted a total of 64 seconds. Rousey spoke about the ghosts of defeat prior to a KO loss to Holly Holm Rousey-Holm talking points Was it a fluke? What did we learn? Rousey lost by knockout to Holm and has retreated from public life ever since. The appearances in Hollywood were limited to one Saturday Night Live hosting gig, while criticism poured in from everybody from Donald Trump to Justin Bieber while she laid low. It seems typical that Rouseys defeat, amid her mothers criticism of her coach and a refusal to travel to the fight in Australia, seems catastrophic while McGregors last weekend feels like a bump in the road.McGregor has avoided castigation for refusing the pre-fight touch of gloves, while an identical act saw Rousey hammered by US Presidential candidate Trump. Perhaps Rouseys fear of failure strikes closer to home than the brave dice-rolling that led to McGregors loss.Their returns to the Octagon, as with their lives and careers, will follow different paths. The UFC have lost the two unbeatable, all-conquering machines that defined their sport but the humanisation of the beatable McGregor and Rousey makes their journeys to legendary status even more admirable. McGregor-Diaz talking points Did he bite off more than he could chew? Also See: McGregor-Diaz talking points Rousey-Holm talking points Rousey admits fear of defeat Diaz submits McGregor McGregor predicts greatness Cheap Nike Shoes Online .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Authentic Wholesale Nike Shoes . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. http://www.nikeshoxcheap.com/ . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Cheap Authentic Nike Shoes Wholesale . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Discount Nike Shoes . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Mississippi quarterback Chad Kelly made it a point during preseason camp to mention that the teams young receivers were poised to make a big impact this season.He wasted no time getting them involved in the offense.Two freshmen -- Van Jefferson and D.K. Metcalf -- caught touchdown passes in the Rebels season-opening 45-34 loss to Florida State. Another freshman, A.J. Brown, caught two passes for 48 yards.No. 19 Ole Miss (0-1) hopes to see more of the same when it hosts FCS-level Wofford (1-0) on Saturday in a non-conference game.Kelly said he was impressed by the poise the freshmen showed against Florida State.First live action, hopefully they got in a little groove and got a good feeling about the game, Kelly said. They understand the plays and the speed of the game already. If they keep working, theyre going to be all right.Jefferson, Metcalf and Brown bring depth to an already loaded group of Ole Miss receivers. Veterans Damoreea Stringfellow and Quincy Adeboyejo are listed as the starters, while senior tight end Evan Engram caught a career-high nine passes for 121 yards and a touchdown against Florida State.Kelly threw for 313 yards and four touchdowns against the Seminoles, but the senior also threw three interceptions and lost a fumble. If he can cut down on the errors, the Rebels appear poised to have plenty of success in the passing game.I definitely could have made some better decisions (against Florida State), Kelly said.---Here are a few things to watch when Ole Miss hosts Wofford:THE RENOVATED VAUGHT: Ole Miss will be playing its first game in renovated Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Among the major changes: The north end zone was bowled in and the seating capacity has been increased to 64,038. TTheres also a new natural grass playing surface, three LED video displays, new lights and a new sound system.dddddddddddd.PATTERSONS DEBUT? If Ole Miss jumps out to a big lead against Wofford, expect freshman quarterback Shea Patterson to receive his first career action. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Patterson was widely viewed as one of the nations top quarterback recruits in 2015 and is the favorite to earn the job once Kelly -- a senior -- finishes his eligibility.YOUNG CORNERS MUST STEP UP: Ole Miss lost arguably its best cornerback -- junior Kendarius Webster -- to a season-ending knee injury against Florida State. Seniors Carlos Davis and Tony Bridges are still around, but after that the Rebels will be very young. Redshirt freshman Jalen Julius and true freshman Jaylon Jones are probably the next two options.FACING THE FCS: Ole Miss has won 11 of 12 games against teams from the Football Championship Subdivision since 2005, with the lone loss against Jacksonville State under former coach Houston Nutt in 2010. Freeze has a 4-0 mark against FCS teams. Wofford has a 1-18 record against teams in the FBS, with the lone win coming against Louisiana-Monroe in 2000.RUN WOFFORD RUN: Wofford runs the triple-option offense, which is heavy on running plays. The Terriers ran for 346 yards and threw for 42 yards in their 21-7 season-opening win over Tennessee Tech. Wofford had a 5-6 record last season, but was still fourth in the FCS with 300 yards rushing per game.---Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP .---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org . Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz