Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

04.02.2019 06:38
ter for him.On Oct. 16, Johnson was invited to MetLife Stadium to attend the Giants Week 6 game against the Ravens, joining 74?o Antworten

Bobby Johnson made a pivotal catch for the New York Giants in 1986, when they trailed the Minnesota Vikings in the fourth quarter of Week 12. Quarterback Phil Simms found Johnson on fourth-and-17, putting the Giants within range for Raul Allegres game-winning 33-yard field goal.The 22-20 victory propelled the Giants into the postseason and, eventually, to their Super Bowl XXI win over John Elway and the Denver Broncos.Johnson, an undrafted free agent out of the University of Kansas, recorded 81 catches and 15 touchdowns his first two seasons in New York.Bobby was the mystery guy for a long time, said Bill Parcells, who coached the Giants from 1983 to 1990. No one really knew about him.Johnson might have appeared mysterious on the surface, but, in reality, he was hiding something from his teammates: He was addicted to crack cocaine.It was just a social gathering one night, Johnson said of his first encounter with the drug, sometime in the middle of the 1986 season. We were at my place. Somebody said, Try this. I had never tried it before. I thought my will was strong enough just to try it that one time and continue on with my life. But no. That one hit changed my life forever.The more Johnson began using, the more he struggled to honor his commitment to football. He began arriving late to meetings and practices and almost missed kickoff for the Giants NFC Championship Game against the Washington Redskins.Johnsons erratic behavior was overlooked when the team shared the joy of winning Super Bowl XXI, and of receiving the championship rings.Being as young as I was at that time, playing three years, and actually getting a Super Bowl ring, I didnt believe it, Bobby said. I didnt believe it that day. I just kept looking at it, thinking, This cannot be happening.The next summer, Johnson was traded to the San Diego Chargers.He was cut two weeks later.They couldnt count on me, he said. I dont blame them, you know. Just like a regular job, if you come in late every day, eventually youre going to get fired. Thats what happened. I would have got rid of me, too.But the cut pushed Johnson deeper into his addiction.I started doing cocaine 24/7. I didnt have to be at practice. I didnt have to get drug-tested, he said. I stayed high practically all day and night.Johnson headed home to Tennessee, but instead of being with his family in Smyrna, a rural town outside of Nashville, he hid himself in the city, often sleeping on benches along Nashvilles Cumberland River.It was embarrassing, Johnson said. One day youre in the Super Bowl, the next day, youre walking around, homeless, smoking crack. How in the heck did I end up in this situation?It was outside of a Nashville pawn shop in 1989 when Johnson said he hit rock bottom.The drugs were calling me. I mean, literally, the drugs were calling my name, he said. I walked into the pawn shop to get high, maybe a place to sleep that night. A cheap room.Johnson pawned his Super Bowl XXI ring for $250.I actually asked the man what he could give me for it, he said. He offered me $1,000. I said no because I knew I wasnt going to be able to come back and pay it. Finally, he got down to $250. I said, Ill take it.After that, it was just a distant memory. All I had was the tan line on my finger.Several weeks later, it would be Johnsons mother, Ruby, who snapped her son out of his addiction with a simple but poignant reality check.I walked in the house one day, and she looked me dead in the eye, Johnson said. She said, You look terrible. You look dehydrated, gray, you lost all kinds of weight. It went to my core. It went to my soul.She asked me, Are you my son? I didnt raise you like this. This is not you.Johnson has been clean for 14 years. ESPN learned his story, and shared it before this seasons Giants-Vikings matchup in Week 4.Within hours, a campaign to get Johnsons ring back to him began.Leading the charge was Lee Einsidler, a sports fan who was deeply moved by Johnsons recovery and positive outlook.Einsidler, who declined to be interviewed for this story, reached out to his close friend Bill Parcells with his idea. The two had bonded 10 years ago through a shared passion for horses in Saratoga, New York.Lee had seen the piece that ESPN had done on Bobby, on being homeless and selling his Super Bowl ring, Parcells said. Right after that aired, Lee called me and he said, You know, Bill, we need to try and get this guy his ring back. And I said, Well, Lee, I would like to assist you in doing that, if you would be gracious enough to let me. Which he was.Einsidler pursued the trail of Johnsons Super Bowl ring to a memorabilia dealers collection on Long Island. From there, he and Parcells split the cost to purchase it.I felt like I failed with him in some respects, Parcells said of that 1986 season. I wasnt able to keep him from going off the deep end, so to speak. We wound up having to trade him, and then football ended for him. Most of us thought that when we did hear about him, it wasnt going to be that good of news.Parcells crossed paths with Johnson five years ago, when the 1986 team celebrated the 25th anniversary of its Super Bowl win.He was different, Parcells said. He was good. He came right up to me, he gave me a big hug, told me the dark days were over. You could just tell that things were a lot better for him.On Oct. 16, Johnson was invited to MetLife Stadium to attend the Giants Week 6 game against the Ravens, joining 74?other Giants alumni being honored in a pregame ceremony. But before the ceremony began, Johnson was approached by Giants personnel.We were signing autographs, and they got me and said somebody wants to talk to me, he said. All the guys thought I was in trouble!Johnson was led into a back room, where Chris Mara, Giants senior vice president, was waiting for him, holding a ring box.Thirty years ago, my dad presented you with a Super Bowl ring, Mara told Johnson. Through the efforts of?some very good people, we were able to recover your ring after all these years. We want to present it to you today.Johnson was stunned. I just couldnt believe it. It was like a dream. It really was, he said. I just remember putting it on and crying. For five to 10 minutes, thats all I remember.With his ring finally back on his finger, Johnson could not hold in his emotions any longer. He sat down, bent over and started sobbing. After drying his eyes, he then had an important phone call to make.I just told Coach thank you. A thousand times. Amongst all the tears, and my runny nose, Johnson said.Parcells message to Johnson was a little more like tough love.He was like, Put it on; dont ever take it off! Johnson said with a laugh. Dont lose it again. Speaking to me like a father. Which was awesome. You have to respect that. He did everything he could to get it back. I didnt think it was going to actually happen.He was an important part of the group, and both Lee and I felt the same way, Parcells said. He deserves to share in that with everybody. Thats the only symbol that could represent his participation. So it was nice to get it back to him.Johnson has never met Lee Einsidler but is hoping to set up a meeting with him soon to express his gratitude.I never thought this would happen, Johnson said. God is good. Coach is good. I dont even know Lee. But I love him. This means the world to me.I have come a long way. I have come full circle. Wholesale Under Armour Shoes . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. Under Armour Shoes On Sale . JOHNS, N. http://www.cheapunderarmour.us/ . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. Cheap UA Curry Shoes .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Clearance Under Armour Shoes Store . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf.Novak Djokovic and Milos Raonic meet on Tuesday night at the ATP World Tour Finals with a place in the semi-finals in the offing. After victories for the pair in their opening matches a win on Tuesday night could secure a place in the last four ahead of the last round of matches on Thursday. Ivan Lendl Group W-L Sets Games Milos Raonic 1-0 2-0 12-7 Novak Djokovic 1-0 2-1 18-9 Dominic Thiem 0-1 1-2 9-18 Gael Monfils 0-1 0-2 7-12 Raonic showed no ill effects of the quad injury that had put his participation in London at risk in dispatching Gael Monfils, but stringing together three games in six days is a different battle for the Canadian whose injury issues have dogged his season. There were no physical problems for Djokovic, but as has been the case over the last few months he produced a patchy display and sluggish start in his win over Dominic Thiem. Novak Djokovic takes on Dominic Thiem at the ATP World Tour Finals The Serb dropped the opening set to the Austrian before eventually rallying to come through with a 6-7 6-0 6-2 victory that blew away the cobwebs and served notice of his intent after he was forced to defend himself in the face of questions over his temperament.Djokovic is not only battling to claim a fifth World Tour Finals title in succession but to reclaim the world No 1 ranking from Andy Murray, and he faces a tough test against Raonic, although he will look to his head-to-head record for inspiration. Raonics hopes will lie with his huge serve as he looks to secure a semi-final spot in London Djokovic has won all 24 matches he has played against his opponents in the Lendl Group and that includes a 7-0 record against the Canadian - who has only ever won one set in contests between the pair.In two meetings this year, the Serb has lost just nine games as his potent return nullified the huge threat posed by Raonics serve at Monte Carlo and in the final at Indian Wells. Highlights of Milos Raonic v Gael Monfils in the World Tour Finals However, both meetings came during Djokovics dominant first half of the season and Raonic will look to take advantage of the Serbs lacklustre second half of the campaign.ddddddddddddThe first match of the evening session which gets underway at 6pm is in the doubles where Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo meet Treat Huey and Max Mirnyi in the Edberg/Jarryd group. Edberg/Jarryd Group W-L Sets Games B Bryan/M Bryan 1-0 2-0 13-6 J Murray/B Soares 1-0 2-0 13-9 T Huey/M Mirnyi 0-1 0-2 9-13 I Dodig/M Melo 0-1 0-2 6-13 Both pairings began their campaign with a defeat on Sunday and are likely to be in need of a victory to keep alive hopes of a place in the last four.Its honours even in meetings this season - Melo and Dodig winning in Monte Carlo after Huey and Mirnyi had claimed the win at Indian Wells.Huey and Mirnyi lost in straight sets to Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares while Dodig and Melo suffered a similar fate in their clash with the Bryan brothers, and with Sundays winners meeting earlier in the day, a defeat for Dodig and Melo or Huey and Mirnyi could end their O2 hopes.All the action from the World Tour Finals between November 13-20 will be live on Sky Sports across the week and if you are out and about you can follow on our Sky Sports apps and the website via our live blogs. Full schedule here. Live Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals November 15, 2016, 6:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Also See: World No 1 permutations The Groups Tour Finals at The O2 Panel Predictions Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz