Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

15.02.2019 02:57
death [in 1994] was the instigator and I know for a fact that the higher cockpit sides have saved my life -- twice. But where do Antworten

Among many glorious sights and sounds, the moral and practical dilemma of single-seater cockpit protection is demonstrated graphically at the Goodwood Revival. Here we have the past overriding the present as drivers take to this fast and tricky track in pre-1966 racing cars that predate safety in even its most rudimentary form.The difference between now and then is that every conceivable precaution has been taken to rescue and assist anyone who hits trouble; the trackside well-being of drivers having come a long way since enthusiastic and largely amateur first-aiders in tents.But that does not prevent racers climbing into cars exactly as they were in period with the height of roll-over bar head protection literally stopping just above the neck. Some owners and competitors have chosen to add tubular security towering above the driver; it may be commendably safe but detracts completely from the former graceful lines of the fifty-year-old machine. And there you have an aspect of todays cockpit protection predicament in historic terms.Yet, when the subject of todays F1 cockpits was raised at a Credit Suisse media briefing on Saturday morning, the question of appearance was hardly mentioned. The discussion among the likes of Sir Stirling Moss, Dario Franchitti and David Brabham touched on more fundamental aspects such as safety and a sense of social responsibility.Ive lost three friends through having had contact with the helmet, said Franchitti, former Indy champion and 500 winner. As a purist, I really struggle with the Halo, or whatever. Having lost those friends, the answer is obvious. But if you watch the cars of today and compare them to 20 years ago, you are aware that the lower cockpit sides meant you could really see these men at work and appreciate exactly what they were doing. Gradually the sides have got higher and higher. Ayrton Sennas death [in 1994] was the instigator and I know for a fact that the higher cockpit sides have saved my life -- twice. But where does it stop? Im afraid I dont have the answer.I think Darios right, said David Brabham, who lost his Simtek team-mate Roland Ratzenberger at Imola on the same weekend as Sennas fatal crash. The purist in us will probably say No. It is single-seater racing and if you start putting in all this cockpit stuff, it becomes, in some respects, a sports car. I havent had the issues experienced by Dario when losing people from head injuries. But my feeling is that we can take this too far and then we lose what racing is about.The Halo, for example, would never have saved Roland. Youre never going to get rid of the chance of someone dying in a racing car. We go racing because we love it and were all aware of the risks. If you dont think its safe and that bothers you, then dont do it. But we all still get in the car and thats what drives us; we want to push the limits and see what is out there. What are the boundaries? What is the risk?No one in the room was better qualified to comment on risk than Sir Stirling Moss whose period in racing (1948 to 1962) was a litany of tragedy.Im not in favour [of the halo and similar suggestions], said Moss. No one should go into the sport thinking its safe, because it isnt; the driver can make mistakes; the car can break. I was someone who went racing because it was dangerous. Drivers should know what they can do and stick within their limits.Moss had toned down his response when compared to interviews elsewhere when he had branded the Halo as absolutely ridiculous. None the less, his comment at Goodwood was no surprise. Even though his career was cut short by an accident at this very circuit on Easter Monday 1962, he is one of the few survivors of the period, a point taken up by Derek Bell whose experience embraces everything from single-seaters to Le Mans-winning sports cars.You look around at the drivers present and think how lucky we are to still be here, said Bell. And yet none of us are nutcases. Were just pretty normal people and we just love racing cars. Well go out here in whatever it is and someone could ask: What the hell are you doing going round Goodwood in that? But thats what we do and love.We knew the dangers in an era when so many drivers died. Motor racing is so much safer today but, if you keep making it safer, the drivers are going to keep taking chances; pushing each other off the road. We wouldnt have dared do that in our day. But you see it more and more. Its as if theres a lack of respect for your fellow driver. Thats not a correct mind set -- in any era.Getting back to the question of single-seater cockpit protection, its such a difficult subject. Like Dario, I dont dismiss it completely. But, in truth, I really dont know the answer. Cheap Air Max Plus . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Air Max Plus Free Shipping . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. http://www.clearanceairmaxplus.com/ . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Discount Air Max Plus . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Air Max Plus Wholesale . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. The NHL is taking steps to avoid another John Scott situation at the All-Star Game.The league announced new fan voting rules Monday that disqualify players from being named All-Star captains if theyre injured or sent to the American Hockey League. Scott, a journeyman enforcer, was voted in by fans last year when he was with the Arizona Coyotes and still served as the Pacific Division captain despite being traded to the Montreal Canadiens and demoted to the AHL.Scott was the MVP of the 3-on-3 tournament that will be back for a second year, but the NHL didnt want a similar awkward situation to happen leading up to the 2017 All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.Players who are injured or in the minors wont be on the active ballot until theyre back in the NHL. If someone is voted captain and is hurt or in the AHL, the player with the second-most votes gets in.Scott tolld Sportsnet that he approves of the rules change.ddddddddddddI expected something to come about. Its good. Something had to happen. I dont think they wanted a situation like me to happen again, he told Sportsnet. Guys in the AHL, guys that are hurt ... I dont think they should be included anymore. I think it was a one-time thing. Its a good rule.Fans will vote for a captain from each division -- the Metropolitan, Atlantic, Central and Pacific -- regardless of position. The 3-on-3 tournament of the two Eastern and two Western Conference divisions facing each other before meeting in the final will take place on Sunday, Jan. 29.The All-Star skills competition will be Saturday, Jan. 28.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz