Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

17.02.2019 03:13
ned him to a four-year, $12.85 million contract a year ago.So who will be next on the list? The primary name on MLBs Korea radar Antworten

AUSTIN, Texas -- The starting quarterback job at Texas is a pressure-packed gig, one a true freshman shouldnt be able to manage. But, after nine starts, Shane Buechele hasnt cracked yet.Hes really focused and he locks in, Texas coach Charlie Strong said. Nothing really bothers him.Whats his secret to staying so calm? He credits the support system around him, and most of the folks in that inner circle are obvious: Strong, offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert, his fellow Texas quarterbacks, his parents and siblings. But he also has leaned on a unique mentor throughout the year: Tulsa senior quarterback Dane Evans.How those two passers ended up forming a bond is one of those small-world deals: Evans father, Damon, was Buecheles freshman football coach and assistant baseball coach at Lamar High (Arlington, Texas).When Shane played for him, my dad would always message me and say, Ive got a kid that I think is better than you were as a freshman, Evans said with a laugh. Id say, yeah, no way, whatever.Evans got to know the Buechele family over the years at baseball games. Damon helped guide Shane through the recruiting process. And the two quarterbacks ended up sharing another coach: Gilbert, the offensive coordinator who helped head coach Philip Montgomery install the Art Briles offense at Tulsa and take Evans game to another level in 2015.He knew exactly how to coach me and get the best out of me, and I really appreciated that, Evans said. I have the ultimate respect for Coach Gilbert. Hes successful anywhere he goes.When Gilbert told him he was going to take the Texas job last December, Evans was crushed. Hes played for a different quarterbacks coach in each of the past four years, and Gilbert by far was one of his favorites. But Evans immediately offered to call Buechele.Soon after Gilbert arrived in Austin, Evans was home for the holidays and meeting up with Buechele. The kid was only weeks away from enrolling at Texas. He had almost no relationship with Gilbert. He was nervous.He was kind of wide-eyed, Evans recalled this week, and he asked me, What can I expect? I tried to tell him everything.You cant sum up the entire Sterlin Gilbert experience in one 30-minute chat, Evans said, but he walked Buechele through the high-tempo system and tried to be as detailed as possible about how Gilbert signals plays, how he talks to his quarterbacks, how he trains them.What Shane was scared about, Damon Evans said, is he didnt know if he would still fit in, he didnt know if he would be able to run Sterlins offense.Damon and Dane assured Buechele the new OC would take good care of him. They put him at ease. Throughout Buecheles push to win the starting job this offseason, Gilberts former quarterback continued to help Gilberts future quarterback.If I had any questions, even late at night, I could always ask Dane, Buechele said. Hes helped me a lot with understanding what Im getting into and taking everything and bringing it together.Of course, Buechele and Gilbert clicked right away because Shanes a lot like Evans: a highly intelligent passer with a level-headed, straightforward personality and a lot of natural ability. Most important, Buechele is deeply dedicated to the process.Hes a guy that embraces the grind, a guy that embraces hard work and doing all of the things that put him in a situation to see the growth and development that weve seen with him since the season started, Gilbert said. Thats him to the core.Hes wired differently than a typical freshman. Buechele says hes never been more comfortable in a game than he was in his debut against Notre Dame, because he had months to prepare and made the most of them. Gilbert admires how he immediately recognizes his errors and corrects them. Receiver Jake Oliver says hes never really seen Buechele get upset, on the sideline or anywhere else. You might catch him saying dang it, Oliver joked, but thats about it.I never really feel like its going too fast, Buechele said.When Evans has found time to watch Texas play, hes pleased to see Buechele running the show with few limitations. The key to his growth from the spring until today, Gilbert says, is continually figuring out what the freshman does best. And hes grateful Evans has helped encourage the rookie along the way.Both of those guys are special, Gilbert said. Both of those guys are really good kids, and its fortunate that they have a relationship.Evans gets a kick out of watching Buechele play because he knows all of Gilberts calls and concepts. He knows exactly how its all supposed to be executed.As I was watching the Notre Dame game, I was texting Shane, Evans said. Obviously he wasnt texting me back, since his phone wasnt on the sideline. But he did think it was pretty funny. The first couple plays of the game, I texted him exactly what they were.Buechele says hell get little notes every so often like, You made a good throw on that play. Evans watched Texas win over Texas Tech last weekend with his dad and liked what he saw. He cant imagine how good his protégé will be in a few years as a senior. Evans is having a great year, too, leading Tulsa to a 7-2 start while putting up near-identical passing numbers: Hes thrown for 2,244 yards and 18 touchdowns while Buechele has 2,257 and 19 TDs.Evans wants to be a coach when hes done playing, and he vows whether hes working for Montgomery, Gilbert or anyone else, hes going to teach this style of offense. Hes proud to say mentoring Buechele has been his successful first foray into coaching.Ive tried to help him for selfish reasons: Hes my friend and I want to see him do well, Evans said. Puma Shoes Wholesale China .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Clearance Puma Shoes .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. http://www.clearancepuma.com/ . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Cheap Puma Shoes Wholesale .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Puma Shoes Online Sale . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. Koreas contributions to Major League Baseball have run the gamut in recent years. Jung Ho Kang, the crown jewel of transplants, is an .800 OPS anchor in the Pittsburgh Pirates order. Seattles Dae-Ho Lee flashed some power this season, with 14 home runs in 104 games. Baltimores Hyun Soo Kim hit .302 without a lot of pop, and Byung Ho Park batted .191 in 62 games with Minnesota before a demotion to the minors and season-ending wrist surgery in August. That was hardly what the Twins had in mind when they signed him to a four-year, $12.85 million contract a year ago.So who will be next on the list? The primary name on MLBs Korea radar has California roots, an outsized personality and enough of a mystery factor to suggest he could be a wild card in this winters free-agent market.His name is Eric Thames, and Toronto fans might recall him as a platoon outfielder with the Blue Jays in 2011 and 2012. After drifting from Seattle to Houston to the NC Dinos in the Korean Baseball Organization, he has lured a procession of scouts to the city of Changwon, on Koreas southeastern coast. The?San Diego Padres, Oakland Athletics and Tampa Bay Rays are among the clubs that have followed Thames in Korea and expressed varying degrees of interest in him, sources said.Thames, 30, has spent the past three years putting up cartoon numbers that bring to mind the success enjoyed by Tuffy Rhodes and Wladimir Balentien in Japan. In 2015, Thames won the MVP award and a Gold Glove at first base, became the first KBO player to hit 40 homers and steal 40 bases in a season, logged a .391/.497/.790 slash line and became the first player in Korean baseball to hit for the cycle twice in the same season.This year, Thames regressed slightly, but he still hit 40 homers and logged an OPS of 1.101 for the Dinos, who lost to the Doosan Bears in the KBO final, known as the Korean Series.Now that Thames has reached the end of a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Dinos, options abound. He could return to the Dinos, although his success might have priced him out of the KBO. He could pursue a deal in Japan. Or he could plunge into the MLB free-agent market, where the left-handed power-hitting options include Michael Saunders, Colby Rasmus, Mitch Moreland, Adam Lind,?Pedro Alvarez and Brandon Moss.Is Thames an everyday option for a team in search of a power bat, or more of a platoon type? Interested major league teams arent the only ones asking that question. Four years since his last big league at-bat, Thames is curious what the future might bring.Yes, the thought has crossed my mind a few times, Thames said in a recent email to ESPN.com. Im wondering about how my new mindset could transfer over. Next year feels like light years away! Who knows where I will end up.Thames has taken a roundabout route to this point. He played high school ball at Bellarmine Prep -- a private Jesuit school in San Jose, California, that produced big leaguers Pat Burrell and Kevin Frandsen?--?and signed with Toronto as a seventh-round pick out of Pepperdine University in 2008. He was at the bottom of the 40-man roster for a 111-loss Houston team and playing winter ball in Venezuela in December 2013 when representatives for the Dinos squad approached his agents at Sosnick, Cobbe & Karon with interest.As a bearded, muscular, 6-foot-1, 220-pounder with power and an abundance of tattoos, Thames had a certain?appeal for the Dinos.They had done their homework, said Adam Karon, Thames agent. They told us they were interested because, Hes a comic book hero with a prep school education.Thames was initially skeptical about his long-term prospects in the Far East. He planned to go to Korea for a year, then return stateside. But his natural curiosity prompteed him to keep an open mind.dddddddddddd Shortly after signing with NC, Thames bought the Rosetta Stone Korean program and dove head-first into learning the language.When you look at this as just a paycheck, thats when you struggle, Thames said. The key is to enjoy the ride. Fully embrace the experience. [The] Hangul [alphabet] is pretty easy to learn, so I was able to pick it up easily. I am not fluent by any means, but speaking like a baby is better than not knowing any at all.As Thames immersed himself in the Korean culture and began clearing fences with regularity, he developed an ardent following. He patiently signed autographs for long lines of fans at Masan Stadium, and he grew accustomed to having meals interrupted by fans in search of selfies.Going anywhere with him is insane in that country, Karon said. Its like going out with the Beatles. Girls are crying and people are trying to touch him and get pictures. Ive never seen anything like it.Celebrity came with a price. In late September, Thames was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and suspended nine games. The legal limit for blood alcohol content in Korea is 0.050, considerably lower than in the U.S., and Thames registered a 0.056. He apologized and subsequently did community service as a penance.A Far East scout for an MLB club said Thames showed a strong work ethic in Korea and was popular with his teammates. The natural question is how his skills will translate to the majors. Can he adjust to higher level of competition and bigger ballparks in the majors? Thames has more of a line-drive swing than loft power. Can he catch up to 94-95 mph fastballs after feasting on 89-91 mph heaters in the KBO?Hes very aggressive at the plate and on the field, too, for that matter, the scout said. Hes a first-ball fastball hacker, boy. Hes trying to hit the ball hard. Sometime you see guys who are happy to make contact and put the ball in play. Thats not him. Hes gonna hurt somebody someday.Thames defense in the outfield was considered below-average in Toronto. He moved to first base in Korea and will most likely be viewed by MLB teams as a combination first baseman-corner outfield-DH candidate. A National League front office man said he wouldnt be surprised if teams were willing to give Thames a multiyear deal to return to the States.You have an element thats going to be skeptical, the executive said. Hes already played over here, and he wasnt a tremendous success the first time. But you have to ask yourself, Is this guy a late bloomer?Look at some of the money that Cuban players have gotten. Whats the difference here? I think somebody is going to bite, and hell get a contract for two years and $12 million, or three years and $15-18 million.Thames, who majored in integrated marketing and communications at Pepperdine, is back on the open market as a more mature, worldly player than the one who first traveled to Korea in 2014. He has embraced meditation and is a fan of Shawn Greens book, The Way of Baseball: Finding Stillness at 95 mph.I focus on the process rather than the results, Thames said. When I was younger, I just wanted to be liked by fans and wanted to be an All-Star, but there is a process to succeed at that high of a level. I believe meditation is very important. It helps keep your head above water. It helps you live in the present moment.The present finds Eric Thames open to offers and interested in seeing how much MLB teams value his achievements in Korea. After traveling roughly 6,000 miles to find himself, hes about to discover how it feels to be wanted back in the states. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz