Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

10.03.2019 03:11
be reluctant to force themselves on players. One highly respected batting coach who was invited to spend a session or two with Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Mike Clevingers night couldnt have gone much better.Clevelands rookie right-hander took a no-hitter into the sixth inning to get his first major league win and beat the team that drafted and signed him.Clevinger wore a big smile after the Indians one-hit the Los Angeles Angels in a 5-1 victory on Saturday night.Its storybook-esque, he said. It was everything and more that I could have imagined. Its hard to describe right now.Andrelton Simmons got Los Angeles only hit on a grounder with two outs in the sixth. Shortstop Francisco Lindor got his glove on the ball while ranging to his right, but it bounced into left field for a single.Clevinger (1-1) was removed after that to a standing ovation. The right-hander allowed one run, struck out three, walked four and threw 91 pitches.Clevinger, who was dealing with a callous on his middle finger, allowed a run in the second, thanks to a pair of walks and an RBI groundout.About the fourth I was looking to see who was coming up on the scoreboard and I was like, `Wait, theres no hits up there, he said. It kind of took me aback for a second. Theres a run on the board. Im not even thinking about hits at that point.That was fun, Indians manager Terry Francona said. His stuff was pretty electric. He had some walks. There was some traffic, but he really competed.Clevinger was drafted by the Angels in 2011 and traded to the Indians three years later for reliever Vinnie Pestano.Matt Shoemaker (6-13) allowed five runs in six innings for the Angels, who have dropped nine straight, their longest losing streak since 1999.Cleveland scored three times in the first on an RBI double by Jose Ramirez and Lonnie Chisenhalls two-run single. Chris Gimenez added an RBI single in the sixth.Johnny Giovatellas second-inning groundout scored the Angels only run.Clevinger has spent most of the season at Triple-A Columbus and was making his fifth major league start. He walked Mike Trout with two outs in the sixth before allowing the hit.Four Cleveland relievers held Los Angeles hitless over the final 3 1/3 innings.I thought our approach at the plate was pretty good for the most part, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. We took our walks and hit some balls hard, but Clevinger had good stuff.Ramirez made two outstanding plays at third base and extended his hitting streak to 17 games. Lindor was 3 for 4 for the AL Central leaders.The Indians have won the first three games of the series by a combined score of 32-8.The start of the game was delayed by rain for 2 hours, 11 minutes.THE STREAK LIVESCleveland minor leaguer Francisco Mejia had his hitting streak stretched to 50 games when the official scorer changed a ruling on an error from the third inning more than an hour after Class A Lynchburgs 7-5 10-inning loss to Winston-Salem. Mejia chopped a grounder down the line, and third baseman Gerson Montilla missed trying to backhand it for a two-base error. The scorer changed the play to a double hours later after reviewing video and conferring with the teams.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: OF Shane Robinson (strained right hip) was placed on the 15-day disabled list. OF Nick Buss had his contact selected from Triple-A Salt Lake.Indians: DH Carlos Santana (head contusion) has been cleared to play and will likely be in the lineup Sunday. He was hit in the head by a foul ball while standing in the dugout Thursday.UP NEXTAngels: RHP Jered Weaver is 7-2 with a 2.99 ERA in 12 games at Progressive Field.Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer tossed 6 1/3 scoreless innings in his last start, a 3-1 win at Washington on Aug. 9. J.A. Happ Jersey . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Justin Smoak Jersey . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. http://www.cheapbluejaysjerseys.com/ . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Cheap Blue Jays Jerseys China . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. At first glance, Saqlain Mushtaq seems an unlikely cheerleader. At second glance too.Certainly in the modern sense. Hes never been seen with a pair of pom-poms and his dancing days are probably behind him.But that was the description of his role on Englands tour of India offered by Zafar Ansari. It was not meant as faint praise, either. It was meant to underline the unstinting support he has given to Englands spinners in his role as coaching consultant and, in a subtle way, it recognises the sensibly soft touch he has taken.These brief coaching stints are tricky. On one hand, the coach is keen to make as much of an impact as possible in the short period they are with the team. In the case of Saqlain, that was originally only going to be for two weeks on this tour, though it has now been extended to something approaching a month.On the other hand, such short-term coaches can be reluctant to force themselves on players. One highly respected batting coach who was invited to spend a session or two with the team during the summer departed having hardly spoken to the players for fear of tinkering without sufficient time to make substantial progress.Saqlain understands this. He understands that, as a consultant, his role is not to completely overhaul anyones technique and that, going into a game, the worst thing he could do is inject any negativity or doubt into a players mind.He has made it explicit that he didnt want to come in and change anything, Ansari said after Englands training session at the not especially catchily named Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam. He hasnt had time to change our actions and, in the lead-up to Test, the last thing you want to be doing is changing what youre doing.He acts as our cheerleader to some extent. He boosts us and makes us feel good about ourselves. And as someone who has been so successful to come in and say I think youre a good bowler and I think you can take wickets at this level, that gives you a lot of confidence and that is important for Test cricket.Saqlain may have learned a thing or two in this regard. During his first stint with the England team, just ahead of the Manchester Test against Pakistan, he mentioned to Moeen Ali that he may like to alter his grip a little in a bid to gain more bounce. But when the result was a couple of head-high full tosses, they both concluded that the time for technical changes is not a couple of days before a Test.His input is not limited to bowling, either. Moeen credits his improvement against spin bowling in part to Saqlains comments. So when Saqlain mentioned that Javed Miandad had recently told him how much he admired Moeens batting, Moeen was thrilled and more receptive to the advice - advice offered many times previously by Mark Ramprakash - that he might like to come down the pitch more often against spin bowlers. Sometimes the source of the advice is just as important as the subject.Thats not to say that Saqlain is nothing but a cheerleader. He also has the experience to offer practical advice. So, while Adil Rashids Test career has previously been characterised by coaches suggesting that he would need to bowl quicker to succeed in international cricket, Saqlain has recognised that Rashid has several gifts but that speed will never be one of them.Instead, he has encouraged him to embrace his natural strengths: to give the ball some air, to give the ball a rip and to back his own skills to defeat the batsmen. On the evidence of thee Rajkot Test, where Rashid produced probably the best bowling performance of his Test career, it seems to be working well.dddddddddddd.Its more about your approach to bowling and bowling in Test cricket, Ansari said. How you can maintain your composure when batsmen are coming at you, when the crowd is loud and when youre playing on TV. All these external factors, he brings a certain perspective to that.Saqlains background may be relevant, too. Four of this England squad identify as British Muslims and three - including all three of the spin bowlers from the Rajkot Test - have family roots in Pakistan. Saqlain is a man they can identify with, and not just as a cricketer.Ansari, while reluctant to think of himself as a role model as an individual at this stage of his career, nevertheless celebrates the success of the collective and feels their visible success is a good thing for society.As a group of four British Muslims there is something in that, he says. Theres no doubt. Thats really exciting and something were proud of. A lot of people outside the group clearly care about that and value that a lot. And that is a good thing in our society.From a personal point of view, I wouldnt hold myself up as a role model. At least in that way. Im from a very privileged background. I dont necessarily challenge norms in a particularly obvious way or even in a superficial way. So I wouldnt necessarily characterise myself as breaking down boundaries. But Moeen, Adil and Haseeb Hameed - all of them are doing a wonderful job representing their communities. And thats not an easy role to play.On a day of optional nets - the seamers from the first Test plus Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow took the opportunity to rest - James Anderson ran in hard and looked as if he was raring to go. But it was Steven Finn who troubled the batsmen most, generating unpleasant bounce from just back of a length. Both are set to be frustrated, though, with England likely to play the same XI that featured in Rajkot.And that would mean another chance for Ansari. Though he is modest about his own talents - he describes himself as not a natural ball-player and seems somewhat in awe of Moeen having spent a month or so watching him at close quarters - he concedes that he is growing more comfortable with the glare of life in international cricket.The second game felt easier from a psychological perspective, he says. Just the attention being removed from you to some extent - as an England player, people are always observing - but that singular attention shifting away is a big thing for the second Test and going forward. It allows you to play the game as a game rather than as an event that you are the centre of.Im not a natural ball-player. I guess its all relative. Im probably comparing myself with Moeen or people like that. They work incredibly hard but, from the outside, they have a certain touch that maybe I dont feel like I quite have. But this is just my perspective. Other people might say youre talking rubbish; youre being self-deprecating. But thats genuine.Ansaris skills are likely to be tested to the full in the second Test. While the pitch at Visakhapatnam currently has some grass on it, the groundsman expects it to turn from day two. It is likely that spin will play a greater part than it did in Rajkot and likely that the toss will, once again, prove important. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz