Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 News
liny195 Offline

15.03.2019 08:17
Mike Tomlin’s current rite of passage might Antworten

just be his greatest challenge yet I remember as a young man having to take a management training program. I’d been a team captain on various sports teams and I thought I had a handle on what true leadership entailed. So you can imagine my surprise when many of my ideals were shot down that first day. The one statement that disturbed me the most was “Management cannot maintain the same type of relationship with the individuals they are responsible for.” I was shocked and flabbergasted to say the least. What do you mean I can’t still hang out with the fellas and just be one of the guys? Nothing has changed. I’m still the same person. I’m only accepting the position for the financial benefits and what it will mean for my family. I’ll be the best boss ever. I’ll be the the kind of individual that I always wanted to work for.Fast-forward quite a few years Womens Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , with multiple employers and employees, plus many valued relationships that started as work colleagues. With age hopefully comes wisdom, and my experiences taught me a valuable lesson. When attempting to lead a group of individuals, no matter how big or small it may be, you’ll always end up sounding more like a parent than you will a fishing buddy.Your relationships with your employees has to be developed on an individual basis because it depends on the character of the individual. Some employees have a strong work ethic and a get-it-done attitude. These employees need little supervision and appreciate recognition for a job well done. Other employees are not self-starters, but they’ll follow your instructions to the letter with a modicum of supervision and encouragement. This brings us to our last type of employee and the place where a superior manager really earns their salary. This type of individual will do just enough to get by — just enough to keep their job and still collect a paycheck. They require constant supervision, and then complain that management is always on their tail. When you try to reach out to this type of individual on a mentoring level, some view your overture as an opportunity to exploit your kindness. They’ll mistake your compassion for weakness until you set the record straight.Mike Tomlin has been accused of being more cheerleader than coach by some in the media, most famously by Steelers’ legend Terry Bradshaw. James Harrison spoke out about a lack of team discipline after being released last season and then signing on for a Super Bowl run with the hated rival New England Patriots. He should know, as reports of him sleeping through meetings and being an overall poor teammate surfaced not long after his release. Deebo even name dropped All-World WR Antonio Brown as being perpetually tardy to meetings. Silly Deebo, nobody likes a tattletale.Others have proclaimed Tomlin won his Super Bowl with Cowher’s players, which is partly true, but how is that Tomlin’s fault? You play with the hand you’re dealt. Following that line of thinking, the true common denominator through all this success has been Mr. Ben Roethlisberger. Make no mistake about it, this year’s roster is all Mike Tomlin’s. I want to make one thing crystal clear. I believe Mike Tomlin is a good man. I believe he wants to win each game as much or more than anybody reading this article. I don’t know the man personally Youth David DeCastro Jersey , but his character and competitiveness should never be questioned. I totally understood when he almost stepped out on to the field to stop Jacoby Jones from returning that kick for a touchdown against the Steelers in the Ravens’ victory back in 2013, because I would have wanted to do exactly the same thing. It took every bit of constraint he possessed to not only stop himself from tripping the man, but from tackling him outright. You could see the look on his face. He wanted to win. Nobody ever achieves greatness in life without passion. Maybe that’s why Tomlin appears compassionate toward passionate players like Antonio Brown, because he can relate. Maybe we should be happy he hasn’t planted a big kiss on him like Coach Cowher did to Kordell Stewart back in the day.Tomlin has tried to stay true to his personality as a players coach because that’s who he really is. His greatest attributes as a coach are his relatability and enthusiasm. Players from all over the league have stated they would love to play for the man. Sadly, this has yet to benefit the team as most high-profile free agents abhor the Steelers hard-line stance toward guaranteed contracts. This years collection of talent at Tomlin’s disposal may force him from his familiar perch as a players’ coach and, instead, require him to sprinkle in copious amounts of tough love. It’s impossible to command true respect without a certain amount of fear. Not fear of the individual, but fear of the consequences to come.Tomlin is still a relatively young man and far from a finished product. He isn't yet what he will eventually be. The Steelers have had a tough start to the season to say the least, but tough times don't last. Tough people do. I believe that the Rooneys, Tomlin, and the leaders in the locker room can still rally together as a team and turn this season around. But it’s imperative that journey starts in earnest this Monday night against the Buccaneers.We should all be rooting for Tomlin to succeed and get this season back on track. That would mean the Steelers were back to their winning ways, and that should be everyone’s goal. We’re all one family — each one a valued member of Steelers Nation.Together we are strong. Go Steelers! Since The NFL draft began in 1936, the Pittsburgh Steelers have only taken a player whose primary position was safety twice in 83 years. Players such as Rod Woodson (1987), Ron Johnson (1978), Dave Brown (1975) Youth Jon Bostic Jersey , and J.T. Thomas (1973) ended up playing safety at some point in their career but were initially cornerbacks when they entered the league. It wasn’t until 2003 when the Steelers traded up from the 27th position (giving up third and sixth round picks) to select Troy Polamalu 18th overall when the Steelers drafted their first true safety.Polamalu ended his career being selected to the Pro Bowl eight times, First Team All Pro four times, and Second Team All Pro twice. Additionally, Polamalu was the 2010 Defensive Player of the Year. After his retirement following the 2014 season, it will only be a matter of waiting the required five years before Polamalu will be enshrined in Canton.In 2018, the Steelers selected Terrell Edmunds in the first round of the NFL draft with the 28th pick. Many of the so-called “football experts” felt a first-round choice was a reach, but the Steelers saw something they really liked with Edmunds’ size, speed, and football IQ. Whether or not Edmunds will have even a shadow of the career Troy Polamalu had in Pittsburgh will remain to be seen. Since Edmunds only has a six game sample so far of his NFL career, if any comparisons are going to be drawn with a great Troy Polamalu it will have to be over the same six-game sample. Ironically, the Steelers had a Week 7 bye in the rookie seasons of both Edmunds and Polamalu, so taking a look at their comparative stats through the bye week lines up perfectly for an early evaluation.In 2003, the Steelers entered their bye week with a record of 2-4. Out of the six games before the bye, Troy Polamalu had not started in any game, nor did he start for the remainder of the season. Being primarily used on special teams and in dime packages Womens Cameron Heyward Jersey , Polamalu did not have impressive stats as a rookie. Through his first six games, Troy recorded one pass defended, 11 tackles (7 solo, 4 assisted), and one tackle for loss. Unfortunately, Pro Football Reference did not begin recording snap counts in each game until 2012. Since I have neither the game films nor the extensive time it would take to log the snap counts myself, I cannot say what percentage of the plays Troy Polamalu played on defense in his first six games.In 2018, the Steelers entered the bye week with the record of 3-2-1. Terrell Edmunds officially started five of the six games the Steelers have played this season, with the lone exception being Week 2 against Kansas City. So far in 2018, Edmunds has recorded two passes defended, 21 tackles (16 solo, 5 assisted), one interception with a return of 35 yards, one fumble recovery, and one quarterback hit.What has been surprising about Edmunds is the amount of plays he has been forced in to due to the injury of Morgan Burnett. In the last four games Youth Alejandro Villanueva Jersey , Edmunds has played 100% of the snaps on defense. With 388 total defensive snaps, Edmunds has been on the field for 90% of the plays for defensive coordinator Keith Butler. Adding another 106 snaps on special teams, Edmonds is only six snaps shy of 500 plays in the NFL in his first six games.During Polamalu’s rookie season, there was an ongoing narrative of him not being worth the price of the trade and the draft position where he was taken. I’m pretty sure those same people did not sing the same tune after Polamalu’s career had finished. As for Edmonds, he did have a rough start in his first few games, but has vastly improved. Certain football intangibles such as high football IQ, natural instinct, and unwillingness to give up on the play show there is much to be excited about with Edmonds going forward. Does this mean that he will have even half of the success Polamalu had at the same position in his career? I’m not sure, but I will definitely be watching intently.Unfortunately for Terrell Edmonds, Troy Polamalu is the only other standard to compare him to as a first-round safety selection for the Pittsburgh Steelers. For the first six games, it seems Edmonds is living up to the standard set before him. But it was Polamalu’s second season when Dick LeBeau returned as defensive coordinator where Troy made his first Pro Bowl in route to a Steelers’ 15-1 regular season record.I personally think Edmunds shows a lot of promise as a safety in the NFL. I don’t expect the enormous jump in year two Polamalu experienced, but continual progression will help to define Edmunds’ career. As long as he is trending in the upward direction, I feel the Steelers could establish having a knack for drafting safeties in the first round. Custom Cleveland Browns Jerseys

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz