Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

19.03.2019 05:13
s coach, is irresistible to a hoops lifer.First of all, we beat an outstanding ... not just a team, Krzyzewski said. Theyre what Antworten

CHICAGO -- The Los Angeles Dodgers offence helped out Ricky Nolasco. Nolasco allowed three solo home runs, but the Dodgers offence led the way in a 6-4 comeback victory over the Chicago Cubs on Thursday. "I made three terrible pitches," Nolasco said. "When those balls leave your hand, you know theyre not coming back." The team arrived at its downtown hotel at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. "The key is just coming in every day and grinding," Nolasco said. "The guys had a tough flight yesterday, coming in early. But once it becomes game time, everybody knows the job we have to do." Junior Lake and Anthony Rizzo each homered twice for the Cubs, who lost for the fourth time in five games. The Cubs finished with five hits. Yasiel Puig hit a long home run and scored two runs, and Hanley Ramirez and Jerry Hairston each drove in two runs to help pick up Nolasco. It also gave the Dodgers a win a night after having a four-game winning streak snapped and improved their record to 11-2 since the All-Star break. "But, you know, it was a good thing nobodys on. Three bad pitches and those pitches usually go out of any park. I was able to give us a chance to win and Jerry came through with that big hit. The offence is eventually going to come around and score. Its a good feeling." The Dodgers have won 11 straight road games, with their last loss away from home coming on July 6 at San Francisco. "It was a win; thats what I like," manager Don Mattingly said. "It was a little bit of a battle. At the end of the day, if you get a win on a day like this. ... I thought the boys pushed it pretty good." Nolasco (7-9) lasted just five innings. Kenley Jansen struck out the side in the ninth for his 15th save. Things didnt look good early for the Dodgers when the Cubs took a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first on back-to-back solo homers from Lake and Rizzo. The Dodgers tied it in the top of the third inning on a two-run double by Ramirez, scoring Puig and Adrian Gonzalez. The Cubs reclaimed a 3-2 lead in the bottom half on another solo homer by Lake. Cubs starter Chris Rusin (1-1) was sharp in the fourth and fifth innings, but appeared to get tired in the sixth. He was pulled after allowing a single and a walk to the first two batters. "My stuff was there. I thought in the third inning I left a couple pitches up and they put it down in the corner and scored a couple runs," said Rusin, who allowed four runs in five-plus innings "Theyre a good team. You cant make those mistakes because theyll capitalize on it." Following a sacrifice bunt by eighth-place hitter Tim Federowicz, Hairston pinch hit for Nolasco and singled off reliever Michael Bowden to give the Dodgers a 4-3 lead. One out later, Puig doubled to send runners to second and third and Gonzalez dropped a soft liner into centre to make it 5-3. Cubs centre fielder David DeJesus threw out Puig at the plate with a perfect one-hop throw. Rizzo added another solo homer in the eighth, his second two-homer game of the season, to pull the Cubs within a run, but Puig answered with a long solo blast in the top of the ninth. "Thats what I like about the win, the fact that we come from behind," Mattingly said. "They go back up again and were able to come back again. Jerry gets a big hit. Jerrys hit was huge and then Adrian and Yasiel get us add-ons. We needed every one of them." NOTES: RHP Carlos Marmol returned to Wrigley Field for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers on July 2. "I feel great wearing the uniform," he said before the game. "Im in first place right now. Im so happy." ... The Cubs announced the signing of 16-year-old OF Eloy Jimenez from the Dominican Republic. Jimenez was considered one of the best international prospects available this season. ... Dodgers LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (9-3) faces LHP Travis Wood (7-7) in the second game of the series. NBA Jerseys Outlet . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Cheap Authentic NBA Jerseys . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. http://www.cheapjerseysnba.com/ . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Discount NBA Jerseys . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Mike Krzyzewski can still picture the whole scene. Its one of his favorite stories to recount from his time in international basketball, how he looked back over his shoulder in his first Olympics as Team USA head coach to get a handle on all the commotion behind him before a semifinal game in Beijing.In the tunnel, not in the view of any spectators, was the Argentina team, Krzyzewski said, dancing together and showing spirit.It was beautiful. And thats how they competed.I love them, Coach K concluded.That was a widespread and unavoidable sentiment on a bittersweet Wednesday night at the Olympic basketball venue, where two titans of the world game -- Manu Ginobili and Luis Scola -- played in a major tournament in the light blue and white stripes for what probably was the last time.Brazil might not seem like a storybook setting for a couple of Argentines to walk away from the sport they changed, but you fell for these two all over again in Argentinas 105-78 quarterfinal defeat to the United States. Even on enemy soil.If not your heart, Ginobili and Scola and their countrymen always won your respect with how hard they played, how together they were, how proud they will forever be to have worn their countrys colors. The nation responsible for plunging USA Basketball into the deepest of self-examinations, resulting in a total overhaul of the program and, yes, the hiring of Krzyzewski as coach, is irresistible to a hoops lifer.First of all, we beat an outstanding ... not just a team, Krzyzewski said. Theyre what I call a program. An amazing culture.Congratulations to Argentina and the magnificence theyve shown the world for the last almost two decades.I know, I know. You want to talk about Spain. You want to talk about Team USAs looming rematch with the Spaniards in Fridays semifinals ... one round earlier than usual at the Olympics. You want to talk about whether Spain, with wins over Lithuania, Argentina and France by a combined 94 points, has indeed supplanted Australia as the hottest team in the tournament.You surely want to know, most of all, if Team USA is going to lose in the semis.Later.We still have time to get into all that.This was a night to pay tribute to Ginobili, Scola, Andres Nocioni and Carlos Delfino.The last four holdovers from the seminal 2004 Argentina squad that, after failing to qualify for Sydney in 2000, stunned Team USA in the semifinals and somehow won the gold medal in their first try together.Truly amazing, said Kryzewski, who will never forget the achievement because he otherwise might never have had this job.So both Krzyzewski and Team USA veteran Carmelo Anthony, who was just a 20-year-old on the roster in 2004, made sure not to leave the floor without letting Ginobili, now 39, know how honored they were to scrap with the Argentines for all these years.Im not going to say the exact words [they told me], Ginobili said. They were just very cool and important displays of affection and respect.It all added up to some scene inside the Carioca Arena 1, just two hours after Ginobilis dear friend Tony Parker played the last game of his international career in a heavy loss to Spain and wound up being applauded by the worlds press on his way out of the interview room after pouring his heart out at the podium.USA/Argentina, in similar fashion to Spains 92-67 cruise, was realistically over as a contest in the third quarter, but the Argentina fans serenaded their heroes with song and dance and chants for the entire fourth, making this building shake and paying tribute to the Class of 04 in the only manner they know.And there was Ginobili, after a 27-point pounding in the one country where hes usually unwelcome, shuffling off the floor as a hero, with the game ball tucked under his arm and tears in his eyes.Scola, for his part, didnt outright say it was the end as Ginobili and Nocioni had, but couldnt help joke when someone asked abbout the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo: Ill be 40.dddddddddddd. Ill be happy if I can walk.It was emotional, Ginobili conceded. I didnt want it to be. I was hoping just to sneak out and go to the locker room and do what I had to do there, but everybody conspired against it.Said Scola: It was fun. The whole [tournament] was fun. We knew it was going to be special, going into South America and playing close to home, but I dont think nobody had an idea its going to be this cool.Several of the Americans on the court had a similar takeaway, mesmerized by a noise and atmosphere they had never experienced.I love it, man, Anthony said. Theres nothing like being in front of Brazilians and Argentinians at the same time.Said teammate Paul George: This was amazing. We couldnt understand what they were saying, but the environment was just amazing. Im happy they sent Scola and Manu off on a great note.Even in the land of green and gold, celebration was the only option. With their flex cuts, their toughness, their brotherhood, Manu & Co. won the only gold medal in mens basketball to elude the United States in the six Olympiads in which NBA players have been allowed to participate.It has been a frequent lament in this cyberspace that there appears to be little in the pipeline to continue Argentinas success in the new millennium, but Scola refuses to see that as a tragedy.The [truth] is, in 70 years of basketball history in our country, for 60 years -- or 55 years -- we were between 10 to 20 [in the world], Scola said. That was our range.And now all this happened and we happened to be top three for 10 years, 12 years, 13 years. You know reality says theres a strong chance we come back to where we were before. Just because, along our history, thats what weve been.We happened to have this generation of very good players and we jumped to top five. ... Do we see Ginobilis and Nocionis in our [young] guys? No. But [did] people [think] in 99 or 98 that were gonna be winning a gold medal in 2004? No. Nobody. People would laugh [at that].Our goal in 99 ... the whole goal for our whole careers was just to make it to the Olympics once. Not winning, not make it to the quarterfinals, not make it to the semifinals, not making a medal. Just be there. One time. Thats all we wanted. And that was 99, not 81. That was five years before we won the gold medal.Golden Generations can do that.Just dont ask them to explain where it all came from in a country whose young sports dreamers long to be Maradona or Messi.Nobody really knows, Scola says. It just happened.Just give them their night. Give Manu and Scola and Chapu and Cabeza their moment. Friday afternoons semifinals are a rematch of the gold-medal game at the last two Olympics, but the focus on Spain can wait.Today I go home with a bag full of emotions, Ginobili said, having exited with 14 points, seven assists and one perfectly Manu-esque reverse layup when the underdogs were building an early 10-point cushion.But ...We left, I think, a footprint in FIBA basketball. Proud of it.For a moment we thought we could compete with them, Scola said, hearkening back to the 19-9 lead Wednesday night that quickly became a 47-27 deficit after a tidy U.S. run of 38-8.But this is a fair game. Theyre just better than us now. We know that. They got more athleticism, more talent, bigger. Were OK with it, because its just the way it goes. There was a time where we could compete with these guys. And actually there was a couple times we beat them. Were not there now.Not that Scola sounds terribly discouraged by the prospect of Team USA, despite its recent struggles, beating Spain in a third successive Summer Games and snagging gold once again.If nobody else beats them, Scola said with a smile the other day, then were the last ones who did. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz