Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

19.03.2019 05:14
fans on the nitty gritty of college athlete compensation. Most fans just want to know what happened to the video game. Right no Antworten

It was three years ago when EA Sports announced it would no longer make its college sports video games. The announcement was made in the midst of a battle with former college players who alleged that the game maker and the NCAA were using their likenesses in the game without permission or compensation.It took another three years, but in 2016, players who were in the games for the past decade of the production of the college basketball and football games were paid off as part of a settlement (the median payout was about $1,000).Players who discussed their compensation checks in public were scrutinized on social media by fans of the game, and the man who lent his name to the fight for athlete royalties, Ed OBannon, also drew a lot of criticism.Over the years, rumors of the games resurrection have popped up among an audience eager to play again. In fact, just as the NCAA said it wouldnt support a game in the future, EA rounded up the top schools through licensing agent CLC and extended deals with guaranteed money through 2017.But after interviews with more than 10 inside sources -- including those in the video game industry and executives at schools -- as of now there is no traction on EA making a new college game.There are several reasons for this.In order to make a game worth buying, EA is going to have to use the players likenesses again. What the structure for payment would be is unclear because the settlement is one for past use, not a guide for the future.Also, the settlement which produced roughly $1,000 per player was for that class (football and basketball players in that time frame). Its certainly up for debate whether any royalty generated and distributed -- as of the last agreement, around $10 million total went to schools -- would have to be distributed to all student athletes, which significantly lowers the individual payout each athlete would get.Several athletic department sources suggested that the lack of an NCAA football game in particular has been detrimental to the sport, as young players have had to gravitate to other games. One AD wondered aloud whether schools would be willing to forgo their royalties and put the money into getting a game back on the shelves. He wondered how many kids have started watching European soccer games instead of college football on Saturdays as a result of playing EAs FIFA game.That idea, at least initially, has been shot down because there is still concern about the prospect of being sued. The schools and EA would have to be indemnified against any lawsuit in order to move forward with that plan.Another point often overlooked is that before the OBannon trial made its way into the spotlight, EA lost its right to make college games exclusively. That begs the question: Is there someone else willing to take on the legal responsibility to make the games?Two Alabama residents reportedly are going to try to raise $850,000 on Kickstarter at the beginning of September to begin making their own game by 2019.But beyond securing the licenses, it will be hard to make a quality game and set up distribution similarly to what EA had accomplished.That is unless Sony or Microsoft want to get involved. Whats their incentive? It may pay for console makers to use the game to sell the consoles. Imagine how many could be sold with an exclusive NCAA football game bundle.Having reported on the OBannon lawsuit from the beginning, I know theres little interest from fans on the nitty gritty of college athlete compensation. Most fans just want to know what happened to the video game. Right now, the future doesnt look particularly bright for a good game to be produced anytime soon. Adidas Shoes Online Store Uk . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. Adidas Shoes Buy Online Uk . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http://www.wholesaleadidasshoesuk.com/ . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. Adidas Shoes Uk Online . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. Adidas Shoes Uk Sale . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. While there is nothing unusual about Oklahoma leading the Big 12 and being the conferences highest-ranked team, there is a big difference with that scenario this season.For the first time in the history of the 20-year-old conference, the Big 12 is going into November without a top-10 team.Weve had plenty of years where we have, so thats just where it is today, Bob Stoops, coach of the 12th-ranked Sooners, said Monday during the weekly Big 12 coaches teleconference.Baylor and West Virginia both dropped out of the top 10 -- to 13th and 14th respectively, right behind the Sooners- after suffering their first losses of the season within a matter of hours Saturday. Oklahoma (6-2, 5-0 Big 12) moved up four spots in the latest poll.Still, the Big 12 title is far from settled since those three teams all have to play each other.That was mentioned after the game, you lose one, youre still in good shape, West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen said. Its just the way the Big 12 is in the round-robin situations. Everybody gets a crack at everybody else. Nobodys getting any scheduling advantages.Oklahoma, which has won a record nine Big 12 championships, plays Thursday night at Iowa State before consecutive games against Baylor and at West Virginia. The Sooners then end the regular season at home against 22nd-ranked Oklahoma State (6-2, 4-1), which beat the Mountaineers 37-20 for its fourth straight victory since losing at Baylor.When asked about the Big 12s lack of a top-10 team, Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said every league other than the SEC has gone through ups and downs. He said improved non-conference schedules could certainly be part of that.Theres been so much talk to up the ante there. ... Youve got to be careful on who challenge and take on in the preseason, Gundy said. If your teams not ready and you get banged around a little bit, then essentially, you could be out of the latter part of the year in these rating systems that we have. I just think theres some ups and downs in conference play, and youve got to take the good with the bad.The Cowboys had that disputed loss to Central Michigan before a win oover Pittsburgh prior to Big 12 play.dddddddddddd. Oklahoma had losses to Houston and Ohio State before its current five-game winning streak in the conference.After losing at Texas, and before going to Oklahoma on Nov. 12, Baylor is home Saturday against TCU.A lot of things can happen here in the next five weeks. I think for the league, its going to be really, really exciting, Baylor acting head coach Jim Grobe said. I think our players understand with West Virginia getting beat, and weve got everybody that still has a chance to win it left to play, our destinys kind of in our own hands.QUARTERBACK CHANGE?TCU made an in-game quarterback switch against Texas Tech, replacing struggling dual-threat starter Kenny Hill with Foster Sawyer. Coach Gary Patterson said after the game that offensive coaches made that decision. Asked who would start at Baylor, Patterson initially said Monday that he didnt expect anything to change. That means probably Kenny is, he said. When later asked why he was sticking with Hill, Patterson responded, I didnt say I was going to stick with Kenny Hill. I just said I hadnt talked to anybody all day. That was before the coaches had their first game-planning meeting of the week.HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?A week after a 66-59 loss to Oklahoma, Texas Tech finished regulation at TCU tied 17-17 before winning 27-24 in double overtime. So how did the Red Raiders go from their fourth loss in less than two seasons with more than 50 points to winning a more traditional scoring game? Im still trying to figure it out myself, coach Kliff Kingsbury said. I thought coach Patterson had a great surprise-type game plan that we werent really prepared for.NOT IMPRESSEDKansas State coach Bill Snyder is two wins short of 200 in his career, all in 25 seasons with the Wildcats. Asked about moving up the list of all-time winningest coaches, Snyder said he didnt have a comment on that. Not a meaningful statistic to me, he said.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz