Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

03.04.2019 04:07
ined up as in a crime film. John Citizen, that generic member of the public, is asked to name them. If hes watched Australia pla Antworten

Imagine an identity parade of Australias leading domestic bowlers, lined up as in a crime film. John Citizen, that generic member of the public, is asked to name them. If hes watched Australia play in the past couple of years, he might pick out Jackson Bird, Scott Boland, Fawad Ahmed. And was that James Hopes who just left the room? But whos the tall bloke with sandy hair?That, Mr Citizen, is Joe Mennie, the top Sheffield Shield wicket-taker of last summer and one of the competitions most consistent performers of the past five years, during which time he has collected 143 wickets at 27.89. And if you dont know him, thats just the way he likes it. Although Mennie dreams of playing Test cricket one day, public attention is something he can live without.Im pretty happy flying under the radar, Mennie told ESPNcricinfo. Im not one for putting myself out there massively. Its probably not my thing. Im at the stage where not a lot of people, unless you really know cricket, know my name. Im not too dissatisfied with that.If the average punter has not especially noticed Mennie, at least the national selectors are starting to take notice. Mennie is part of the Australia A squad for their series of two four-day matches against South Africa A starting in Queensland this weekend. And, while Mennie may lack the pace Australias selectors most desire, he knows how to pick up wickets regardless.Mennie, 27, has long since accepted that he will never bowl express like his childhood role model, Brett Lee. Instead, he, like his South Australia team-mates Chadd Sayers and Daniel Worrall, operates in the low 130s, and uses accuracy and movement to cause problems. It was encouraging for Mennie that Sayers was chosen for this years Test tour of New Zealand, even if a baggy green did not eventuate.Its exciting to be recognised, Mennie said. To be picked in Aussie A, or any Aussie setup, is a big tick in your favour. For me, its just continue what Ive been doing, playing my role and not trying to go away from that. Stick to my game-plan, and I should do pretty well, hopefully.Theres still a big push for blokes who bowl quick, but its good to see blokes who are performing well in Shield cricket getting noticed and pic

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz