Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

24.09.2018 01:25
atest swimmer of all time wasnt the spectator, he was the game-changer. When he and the rest of the field resurfaced, the Americ Antworten

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When Indiana coaches started looking for weaknesses in Ohio States game, someone noticed the Buckeyes punter Cameron Johnston wasnt listed among the NCAA leaders at his position. So he must not be very good, right?Turned out that Johnston hadnt punted enough this year to even be listed in the NCAA stats. Johnston has punted just 11 times in four games, but his average -- 50.6 -- is among the best in the nation.So much for that.I dont know if youre a great punter if youd want to go to Ohio State, to tell you the truth, because they dont use him, Indiana coach Kevin Wilson quipped this week.In other words, the weaknesses are really hard to find.Fresh from an overtime upset of Michigan State last week, Indiana (3-1, 1-0 Big Ten) visits Columbus on Saturday to play No. 2 Ohio State (4-0, 1-0) whose weapons are so numerous, Wilson said, that preparation is difficult.They play a lot of guys and they play hard, Wilson said. Theres a lot of talent and a great competitive spirit on that team.Other things to watch for when Indiana visits Ohio State:CONFIDENCE BOOST: Indiana receiver Mitchell Paige said the teams confidence level was high even before the Hoosiers knocked off Michigan State in OT. If the Hoosiers can beat Michigan State, why not the Buckeyes?Were starting to see we can do some things when we listen to coaching, understand more game plan -- there was a lot of really good film study last week -- knowing exactly what we were trying to do, said Paige, who is tied for the team lead with 18 receptions for 217 yards and got his first TD of the season last week.We can build on that this week and get even a little bit better. Well only be more confident and give ourselves a real chance on Saturday, Paige said.Wideouts Nick Westbrook (18 receptions, 370 yards, four TDs) and Ricky Jones (16 receptions, 350 yards, one TD) also will be competing for quarterback Richard Lagows attention Saturday.IT STARTS WITH JT: Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has often said that Tim Tebow, his Heisman trophy-winning quarterback at Florida, is the gold standard for team leaders.Meyer said this week that quarterback J.T. Barrett is very close to Tebow status in terms of leadership qualities.Yeah, J.T., in his own way, is exactly on the same level as Tim, and those are two elite leaders, Meyer said. There are some other guys, but, yeah, J.T. is certainly at that level.Barrett said hes honored that Meyer would talk about him and Tebow in the same conversation.I think theres something with great players, you can tell that everything is so personal, Barrett said. And I think when you watched (Tebow) play he was passionate and everything was personal to him. Everything mattered, every little thing, too, it all mattered and was personal to him, and thats why he was so fun to watch.Same with Barrett?Im getting there, he said.LANDERS RISING: Among the many pleasant surprises for Ohio State this season is an undersized redshirt freshman defensive tackle named Robert Landers.Generously listed as 6-foot-1 and 285 pounds, Landers -- from perennial state powerhouse Huber Heights Wayne -- leads the team with five tackles for a loss and is tied for seventh in the Big Ten with 1.25 tackles for a loss per game.Typically giving up several inches and 20 pounds or more to offensive linemen, Landers is quick and able to use his low center of gravity as leverage against larger men.Im a little short for my size, but it plays to my advantage, he said, noting that defensive line coach Larry Johnson likes to refer to him as gravity challenged.Said Meyer: You cant have a whole defensive line like that, but he creates havoc in there.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Andrus-Peat-Jersey/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Alex-Okafor-Jersey/ . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Garrett-Grayson-Jersey/ . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Willie-Snead-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Michael-Thomas-Jersey/ . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. RIO DE JANEIRO -- On a gorgeous summer evening in Barcelona, Spain, in the summer of 2013, a retired Michael Phelps sat in the press tribune at the World Aquatics Championships frustrated at what was unfolding in the pool down below.For the second straight major international meet, the United States held the lead in the mens 4x100-meter freestyle relay with 100 meters to go, but were overtaken by France, which both times would go on to win gold. Phelps couldnt stand it. He believed he could have made a difference. He texted coach Bob Bowman about the mistakes Phelps believed the coach had made. But really, that was all he could do. A year earlier, he had retired after the London 2012 Games. He was nothing more than a glorified spectator. He hated it. He thought about a comeback.Fast forward three years, and there was Phelps on Sunday night, walking onto a world championship-level pool deck for the first time since Barcelona. This time, he was wearing a racing suit. This time, he was swimming the second leg of that same race. And he believed the end result was going to be a gold medal.Five weeks earlier, Bowman couldnt even picture his star pupil in this position. A mediocre performance at the U.S. Olympic trials had Bowman thinking he should leave Phelps off the relay. But in the following training camp, something began to click. One impressive drill followed another. The great practices began to add up. And in a time trial in Atlanta, Phelps swam a 48.5 from a flat start, forcing Bowman to reconsider.Phelps would swim the second leg.When he entered the water Sunday night, following 19-year-old Caleb Dressel, the Americans were in second, three-hundredths of a second behind France. At the 150 turn, the French extended their lead to .13 seconds. But then, in one perfectly executed underwater turn, the greatest swimmer of all time wasnt the spectator, he was the game-changer. When he and the rest of the field resurfaced, the Americans were in the lead -- a lead the Americans wouldnt lose.Phelps split of 47.12 was the fastest of his career. At 31 years old. Then he had to wait. For the races final 90-plus seconds, he watched Ryan Held and Nathan Adrian fight off the rest of the world, standing behind the starting blocks screaming, yelling and throwing his hands into the air. When it was all over, Phelps raised both of his arms high above his head. He screamed in genuine delight. And later smiled as the Olympic gold medal, the 19th of his career, was placed around his neck.When I was on the block, I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest, Phelps said. I was so hyped and so excited. To hear the stands as loud as it was -- that was wild. I dont know if Ive ever heard something like that. Itt feels good to start the close of my career the way I wanted to.ddddddddddddThe gold was the Americans first in the event since 2008, when Jason Lezak chased down Frances Alain Bernard to preserve Phelps quest for eight gold medals in one Games. It was yet another reminder that some people are just born with something that lifts them to higher levels when it matters most. This was the swimming equivalent of Michael Jordans jump shot to beat the Utah Jazz, Curt Schilling and his bloody sock carving up the Yankees, or Joe Montana finding John Taylor to win Super Bowl XXIII. Its one of those undefinable intangibles that results in greatness.This was essentially one of the arguments Adrian gave last week when stating his case to the American captains in each sport to vote for Phelps as the flag-bearer for opening ceremonies here.Michael Phelps has set a precedent -- every time we step on the pool deck, we are expected to win gold, Adrian said. Thats what hes done to the Olympic movement.Hes a pretty good swimmer, Bowman said with a wink. He knows how to get himself ready. He knows what its going to take.Bowman categorized Phelps underwater turn as the greatest of his career. His split was the fourth-fastest of any of the 32 swimmers in the race and fastest for anyone not swimming an anchor leg. But just as eye-opening was what it might mean for the rest of Phelps week. On Tuesday, he will swim the preliminary and likely semifinal heats of the 200 butterfly. Then, later this week, he has the 100 fly, 200 individual medley and likely two more relays, the 800 free and medley. That could potentially set Phelps up for as many as six medals.Michael usually works this way: When one thing is usually good, everything is good, Bowman said. So Im optimistic.And yet, if you were to ask Phelps or Bowman, they will tell you the medals arent what is important. Sure, its great to win, but Phelps has a series of times he wants to hit, something he emailed Bowman about a year ago while they were vacationing in Cabo San Lucas. While Phelps and Bowman refuse to say what those times might be, they have alluded to the goal of Phelps swimming one more personal best before he retires.It seemed laughable a month ago in Omaha. After Sunday night, not so much.Hes in a good place now, Bowman said. Hes been as good -- everything Ive asked him to do hes been really good at. Way better than trials.And way better than that frustrated, helpless fan back in Barcelona.In my last 400 relay in my career, to get this thing around my neck, Phelps said, holding his gold medal, it feels really good to get it back. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz