Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

27.04.2019 03:30
she would need surgery because her hip was compressed. However, further examination showed that wasnt the case. It was a fractu Antworten

Alexis DeJoria knew the instant her powerful NHRA Funny Car hammered the Sonoma Raceway wall like a free-swinging baseball bat that she had suffered a severe injury.An excruciating pain shot through DeJorias lower back. It was so agonizing that she thought she had broken her back. She managed to unbuckle her harness and pull herself from her damaged Toyota Camry. DeJoria then slid down the side of the car. As soon as her feet touched the track, she experienced a shooting pain unlike anything she had ever felt.I was very upset because I didnt understand what had happened, she said. I looked at my guys when they pulled up in their tow vehicle on the other side of the wall as I was leaning over and I said, What the hell was that?Theyre looking at me stunned because they could see the pain in my eyes; they knew I was hurt. I knew I was hurt. The longer I kinda leaned over the wall, the more I knew there was something really wrong. I couldnt put any weight on my lower back.Initially, DeJoria was told at the hospital in Napa, California, that she would need surgery because her hip was compressed. However, further examination showed that wasnt the case. It was a fractured pelvic bone of the left iliac wing and it would have to heal on its own. She also had suffered some soft tissue damage when her knees hit the steering wheel in the July 31 accident.For four weeks, the 38-year-old DeJoria underwent physical, laser and electromagnetic therapy. It was the first time in her drag racing career she had been injured, and the road to recovery was a difficult one since she was told to rest and let her husband, Jesse James, wait on her.The first week following the accident, DeJoria was on crutches. She began her therapy the second week and continued it for a month before reentering her race car at the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on Labor Day weekend. Despite missing two races, DeJoria managed to qualify that weekend for the NHRAs six-race playoff system -- the Countdown to the Championship -- for the third consecutive year.It says a lot for our team that we can miss two races and still make the top 10 [in points], said DeJoria, who has returned to her daily workout routine.During DeJorias recovery time, crew chief Tommy DeLago worked diligently to improve his drivers cockpit.She is so skinny -- from front to back where the normal mounting points for the lap belts in these cars have been for years werent designed for somebody [as small as her], DeLago said. I think weve made some pretty big strides with the seat, the seat insert and the way the belts are mounted to hold her in the car better.We found ways to make the seat wider inside so we can have more safety foam to be able to decelerate the body more in a side impact. Where the elbows are we were able to pocket the seat out around the chassis and add an inch of foam there on each side. Weve also got a new deal that will keep the legs from moving so much and have more padding for her legs.Normally, an injury such as DeJorias takes six to eight weeks to heal. DeJoria healed in five weeks thanks to the three different therapies used by Dr. David Harris at the Center for Healing and Regenerative Medicine in Austin, Texas. Harris wife, Michelle, oversaw DeJorias physical therapy, which involved the Neurac machine, a device that helps a person regain proper neuromuscular control.Ultimately, DeJoria missed the events at Seattle and Brainerd, Minnesota, but due to the point total she possessed, she maintained 10th in the standings. When she returned at the U.S. Nationals, it was the first time she had sat in a race car since Sonoma in late July. Even though she lost to Kalitta Motorsports teammate Del Worsham in the first elimination round, she still emerged 57 points ahead of Chad Head to claim the 10th and final position in the Countdown to the Championship.The NHRAs title run begins Friday at zMAX Dragway in Concord, North Carolina.DeJorias best finish in the Countdown came in 2014 when she placed seventh. This year she optimistically notes she has nowhere to go but up in the standings.I mean, were not going to get any lower than 10th, DeJoria said with a laugh. Its going to be exciting; its going to be a fight. Were very grateful that Im able to be a part of it.Deb Williams is a North Carolina-based writer and former editor. She has covered auto racing for United Press International, USA Today and The Charlotte Observer. Ecco Schuhe Schweiz China . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Ecco Schuhe Schweiz Gratis Versand .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.eccoschweiz.ch/ . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Ecco Schweiz Online . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. Ecco Schuhe Schweiz Günstig .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- To earn his first major league save, Enny Romero emerged from the bullpen with a one-run lead and one job -- set down Boston slugger David Ortiz for the final out.Romero did it, getting Big Papi to look at strike three Thursday to give the Tampa Bay Rays a 2-1 win over the Red Sox for a four-game split.In a one-run ballgame, I figured at some point we would see David Ortiz come to the plate, Rays manager Kevin Cash said.After Tyler Sturdevant struck out Hanley Ramirez and Jackie Bradley Jr. to begin the ninth, Romero was summoned. Romero sent Ortiz to the ground with a high-and-tight 1-2 fastball, then got him on a called third strike.Romero said he threw a cutter to close out the save. The 25-year-old lefty was in his 65th career game over three seasons.A day earlier, the 40-year-old Ortiz reached 30 home runs and 100 RBI. Ortiz was rested for the final day of an 11-game road trip that saw Boston go 7-4.The Red Sox, who began the day tied with Toronto for the AL East lead, lost the final two games of the series.There are times you look back, today being one of them, that you could have capitalized on situations and had a different outcome, Boston manager John Farrell said.Mikie Mahtook ended a stretch of 34 hitless at-bats with a go-ahead double in the seventh off Drew Pomeranz (10-10), who is 2/3 since being traded from San Diego to Boston.It was a relief, Mahtook said.Mookie Betts was thrown out by Mahtook from left field trying to stretch a single into a double in the eighth.Jake Odorizzi (9-5) improved to 6-0 in eiight starts since the All-Star break.dddddddddddd. He gave up one run and five hits in seven innings.Pomeranz struck out a career-high 11 in six-plus innings.After Betts put the Red Sox up 1-0 on a sacrifice fly in the sixth, Odorizzi avoided a big inning by getting an inning-ending double play from Bradley with the bases loaded.Outstanding damage control, Cash said.Tampa Bay tied it at 1 in the bottom of the sixth when Evan Longoria doubled and scored on Brad Millers single. Miller had 31 RBI since the All-Star break.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: LF Andrew Benintendi (left knee sprain) was put on the 15-day disabled list. Farrell is hopeful the rookie will return before the season ends. ... LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (left hamstring) felt fine after a bullpen session and will start Sunday against Kansas City. . RHP Clay Buchholz, who was moved out of the bullpen for three starts due to injuries, will return to a relief role.Rays: INF Tim Beckham (left hamstring tightness) sat out for the second consecutive game.HITLESS WONDERThe Rays record for most consecutive at-bats without a hit is 41, set by Luke Scott in 2012.UP NEXTRed Sox: Knuckleballer Steven Wright (13-5) will be reinstated from the 15-day disabled list after missing 2 1/2 weeks with a strained right shoulder and start Friday night at home against Royals RHP Ian Kennedy (8-9).Rays: LHP Drew Smyly (6-11) will face Astros RHP Mike Fiers (9-6) at Houston on Friday night. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz