Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

03.05.2019 08:09
1997 until this year, when wrist surgery kept him from starting his season until May. He still managed a runner-up finish at th Antworten

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley knows his way around a form guide.And hes well aware the struggling Power could go into Saturdays AFL clash as the biggest underdogs in Showdown history when they take on the third-placed Adelaide Crows, whose performances in recent weeks have been nothing short of menacing.But Hinkley, a self-confessed punter who races greyhounds in his spare time, reckons its not always wise to back favourites, pointing to Australias underwhelming performance at the Rio Olympics.Roughies get up, he said on Friday at the traditional pre-Showdown press conference with Crows coach Don Pyke.Its not unusual. Weve seen that just recently in the Olympic Games, I reckon.Things dont always go to plan.Im sure Don and the boys are hoping it goes to plan. Were going to do everything we can to disrupt that.An upset win for 11th-placed Port would bring some much-needed cheer to supporters after a season in which they have badly underperformed, last weekends 40-point home loss to Melbourne which extinguished their slim finals chances, a case in point.Port will line up without star forward Chad Wingard (hamstring), Hamish Hartlett (calf) and Billy Frampton (groin), who have all been ruled out for the rest of the season.Spearhead Charlie Dixon will also miss as the side manages an ongoing ankle injury but remains a chance for the Powers final game against Gold Coast.Jake Neade and Jimmy Toumpas return, as will veteran forward Jay Schulz for what Hinkley admits could be the 31-year-olds final game at Adelaide Oval.He may look back on this game and say that was his last game, Hinkley said.I hope thats not the case.Its still a list management decision that we wont enter into until the end of the season.Adelaide are firming as premiership contenders, having boosted their percentage with thumping recent wins against Fremantle, Brisbane and Essendon.Pyke said the Crows had earned their favouritism for the Showdown and denied his players were underprepared after winning their past three by a combined 292 points.Every game of AFL footys hard, thats the thing, Pyke said.The results in the last few weeks suggest weve had an easier run but I can guarantee you at times in all three of those games, weve been challenged, weve had to learn some things and weve had to adapt to play the way we want to play.The Crows have recalled 203cm ruckman Sam Jacobs after he missed two games with an ankle complaint, with impressive rookie Reilly OBrien omitted.Nike Shox Outlet Ireland . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. Nike Shox Ireland Sale . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. http://www.nikeshoxireland.com/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. Nike Shox Ireland Online . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Nike Shox Clearance . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4.ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- Nothing about Jim Furyks game would suggest with certainty he has played his last Ryder Cup.Aesthetics aside, he has one of the most repeatable and reliable swings. In an era of the long ball, he has won 21 times in 23 years around the world. He played in every Ryder Cup from 1997 until this year, when wrist surgery kept him from starting his season until May. He still managed a runner-up finish at the U.S. Open, became the first player in PGA Tour history to shoot 58 and was under serious consideration as a captains pick until the final two weeks.The only thing that could change his Ryder Cup outlook would be a request -- not a campaign -- to be the captain.I would accept the job, he said.That doesnt mean he is lobbying to be the next U.S. captain. Furyk simply gave an honest answer to a hypothetical question.He contemplates being Ryder Cup captain the way he considers his chances for the World Golf Hall of Fame. He doesnt think about it at all unless someone brings it up. In this case, three reporters stopped him in the lobby of the Sea Island Lodge after he opened with 64-69 in the final PGA Tour event of the year.The six-member Ryder Cup committee has its first meeting in two weeks to start laying the groundwork for picking the next captain. Among the candidates who are bound to come up are the 46-year-old Furyk and Steve Stricker, the current Presidents Cup captain who turns 50 in February.Davis Love III, the winning captain at Hazeltine, is on the committee with Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and three PGA of America officials.Again, its all hypothetical, Furyk said. I havent had a conversation with Tiger, Phil, Davis. I havent had any conversation with the PGA of America, so I dont want to put the cart before the horse. That committee is in place for a reason. If they decide `18, `20, `22, whenever it is, if they decide that Im the right person, I would love to have that job. I think everyone would. Anyone in that position would want that tap on the shoulder and that confidence that Davis was given.The more he spoke, the more clear it became how much the players now have a stake in every aspect of the Ryder Cup. Furyk was part of the task force that first met two yeaars ago and ultimately asked Love to be captain for the second time.ddddddddddddFuryk considers it one of the highest honors -- not just being the captain, but the manner in which a captain is chosen.Unless Im wrong, I dont think you publicly pine for the job or promote yourself or say, `I really want the job, he said.He recalls the task force throwing out the best qualities of a captain, the nature of the job and the best candidates. Before long, they all settled on Love.I think thats the highest compliment you can be paid, Furyk said. He didnt ask for the job. That committee went to him and said, `Hey, we want you to take the job. Would you like it?... Those six folks will try to figure out who the next guy is. Theyre going to try to figure out who the absolute best person is for the job.Love said only that the next U.S. captain would be somebody with experience. The trouble now is that some candidates are still playing good golf. Furyk, for example, is No. 34 in the world even though he missed six months of the previous season. Mickelson is determined to extend his record by qualifying for his 12th straight team.Are such players forced to choose between being a captain and wanting to play?Thats the big thing well talk about in early December, Love said. Who are the candidates and how do they feel about it?Furyk realizes making another team will be tougher than ever. He plans to reduce his schedule to about 18 events a year, which puts him at a disadvantage with players half his age who play a lot more. And while he was 15th in Ryder Cup points with a limited schedule, nearly half those points came from one tournament (U.S. Open).Before leaving Medinah in 2012, Furyk said he looked over the top of the bridge on the first tee at a sea of fans dressed in red and wondered if that was his last Ryder Cup. He made the 2014 team, and when it was over, he stood on the 18th green by himself at Gleneagles and wondered the same thing.Maybe I played my last one, he said. I dont know.If the Ryder Cup committee decides Furyk is the best choice for captain, there wont be any doubt. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz