Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

02.06.2019 03:03
familiarity with the offense. Bradford said he Antworten

While Van Adams has found extraordinary success running her sports marketing firm for the last dozen years, shes quick to say shes still a STEM girl at heart. She fostered this love for all things science, technology, engineering and math while growing up outside of Buffalo, and credits it for her ability to multitask and get to the core of the projects she executes in business.And when it comes to projects, there are many. Besides her daily duties at VanAdams Sports Group, shes been the NYC chapter president of Women in Sports & Events (WISE) for the past nine years, helms an organization called Gathering on the Greens that gives professional women the tools to hit the links confidently, and also serves as an adjunct professor at NYU. So what does she do in her limited down time? Just a little light reading of The New England Journal of Medicine to keep her STEM side engaged.A lesson in Thin MintsLooking back now, I can say that I was driven from a young age. I was always involved in any number of things between community, school and church activities. But even as a Girl Scout, I would be the one who would actually look forward to the cookie season. There were prizes for selling a certain amount, and I always strived to win. I wanted to get to the tier for the free Walkman or whatever it was that year, so I would enlist the help of every friend and family member I could. Any aunt or uncle who worked in an office setting, I would ask to go there after school or have them bring the sheets to sell themselves. Hitting a goal makes you really happy when youre young, and I realized early on that you cant do everything yourself. Thats actually a life lesson I still live by today. But by enlisting everyone I knew to assist in selling for me, I guess I was a little entrepreneur before I became an entrepreneur.Swearing off scrubsI went to an engineering high school called Hutchinson Central in Buffalo where I was always good in the sciences, so I think it was just expected that I would become a doctor. But after graduating from Grambling with a pre-med degree, I took a year off for some discovery time to talk with professionals in medicine, who werent only practicing physicians, but were doing research or were in hospital administration. I sought out their opinions and the general theme was that while I may have the brain capacity to do it, I would be better served on the administrative side instead of straight caregiving. So I guess they could see what I couldnt see.But I was always fascinated by athlete recovery and sports psychology, and a light bulb went off that led to my decision to go back to Grambling for a masters in sports administration (although medicine is still a main interest of mine today). I might be one of only a handful of people who routinely reads medical journals as if Im preparing for something, but I am just doing it for fun.Grad school grubGrambling had renowned baseball and football programs, and I learned a lot about discipline working for a variety of the schools teams. Their focus was education first because thats really whats going to carry you through life. There was an emphasis on commitment and finishing what you start. I was inspired by the athletes because my day would start at 5:30 a.m. and go until sundown between my classes, working in the athletic department and also being a professors assistant. But the athletes were on a similar schedule, which gave me some perspective. I joke now that I lived off of red beans and rice with sweet tea the entire time. I needed something quick and portable. I dont recommend anyone do that now, but grab and go was essential at the time.Weather advisoryAfter going to college in Louisiana, I decided warm weather really suited me and began applying to all the teams I could think of in the geographic locales I wanted. But then the Buffalo Bills called with an opening in public/community/athlete relations. Ironic right? Back to the snow. But you have to be receptive to going to places that werent on your radar. We have plans, but it doesnt mean things work out the way we plan them. So I asked some of my contacts who were coaches or had played professionally for their thoughts, and they unequivocally said it was a golden opportunity that I had to take. And I was also from the area, which meant I could save money on rent by living at home. But my focus was, Wait, its so cold up there! And you know what, it wasnt. It was actually a really mild winter that year. And to think I wasnt going to go.Ditching the playbookThe job offers started coming in when I was with the Bills because its true that one thing leads to another. I then spent two years at the USGA in media relations, which also wasnt on my master plan. I could have just thrown out my goal sheet at that point. And then after two years, it led to a job at Sports Illustrated in athlete and team relations and being involved with the Olympic cycles. By then I had made enough contacts to do consulting work on the side and really think about opening my own company.Making good on a dreamI always knew that I wanted to own my own business. Even back when I was going to be a doctor, I wanted to have my own practice. But theres always a question of pulling it off in the beginning. Early on, I worked with companies in a consulting mode by leveraging sports in a marketing capacity or garnering a celebrity athlete to promote a brand. One of the things I didnt think about when I was the middle of it was how natural it came for me and that other people could actually benefit from my expertise.And then athletes started approaching me about assisting with their foundations and needed advice with fundraisers and events. Ive always had a knack for being able to put things together and get things done. While I was doing that, I had every intention of taking a full-time job somewhere in the corporate side of sports. But I ended up becoming so busy that I formed VanAdams Sports Group. That was 12 years ago now, and the rest is history.Always evolvingI assist a lot of athletes going through the transitional phase after they retire from their sport and are looking for whats next. Those conversations take on different aspects -- what they think they would be good at and if theres a marketplace out there for it. A specific example would be Grambling legend Doug Williams, who was involved in a book coming out that chronicled his experience of being the first black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. So it was logical to integrate publicity around the NFL Legends events for the former greats that Ive been running for the past seven years ahead of the Super Bowls. Or someone like Giants MVP Ottis Anderson who is looking to test the waters in fan apparel, so Im working with him on that now.But Ive also branched out to becoming a contributing writer for the NFL Player Engagement website, which focuses more on the lifestyle of former players and also their health and wellness. Besides that, Ive been an adjunct professor for a number of years and I taught a course called Revenue, Pricing and Strategy at NYU this summer.It does take a lot of time management to juggle it all, but everything I do is interrelated, so its pretty seamless and interlocking. Its all pulling from the same side of my brain, if you will. And I believe you have to keep changing with the times. Athlete marketing is great, but then you bump it up to the next level where youre integrating those things in a more meaningful way.Executive courseI noticed in my own professional network that there were a lot of women who wanted to learn how to play golf but didnt quite know how to start. Or they took lessons but when they went to play on their company outings, the lessons didnt serve them well. No one wants to feel inadequate or embarrassed in front of their colleagues and peers. So I just felt women needed a little bit more of a push. The initial Gathering on the Greens event four years ago began as a networking event, but then I formalized it and we now have events all around the country. It teaches women about the game, but its also about professional development by using golf as a tool for business. No matter how many lessons a woman will have from a pro or how many times they go to the driving range or read a golf book, theres no replacement for actually getting out there on the course and doing it.WISE adviceBefore I give advice, I like to understand what the womans endgame is. That usually shapes what Im going to share with her. Because you can give people blanket advice (work hard, be prepared) but giving advice should be customized to that person. What are you really trying to do? Whats your aspiration? And then I weigh in from my experience and background on something that will hopefully benefit her.But I do tell them that they should only ask what they cant easily find on Google. If you have an opportunity to get 10 minutes with someone over coffee, dont waste those minutes with questions that you could easily find out on your own. Ask something that is going to help you. What do you really want to know? Ive had people say, What is it like being a woman in the sports business? But how is that going to help you actually get started? Be considerate of other peoples time and be prepared. And dont say, I want to be just like you because that person is already taken. Its more about what that person does that you find intriguing and then you can have a conversation about that. Stephen Curry 4 Shoes For Sale . PETERSBURG, Fla. Stepehen Curry Shoes Clearance . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. http://www.curryshoesclearance.com/ua-curry-2-shoes.html . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Under Armour Curry Shoes Sales . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. Ua Curry 1 Wholesale . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings, who lost starting quarterback Teddy Bridgewater for the 2016 season with a severe left knee injury, acquired Sam Bradford in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday.In return, the Eagles will receive the Vikings first-round draft pick in 2017 as well as a conditional fourth-rounder in 2018.If the Vikings reach the NFC Championship Game this season, the conditional fourth-round pick in 2018 will become a third-round pick, according to sources. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl, it will become a second-round pick.The Vikings had inquired about Bradford after Bridgewaters injury earlier this week, sources told ESPNs Adam Caplan, but the Eagles were said to be happy with Bradfords progress this preseason. Talks picked up Friday, but even by Saturday morning, Bradford believed hed be in Philadelphia for the season.My initial reaction was surprise, Bradford said. Its something I really didnt think was a possibility. It kind of caught me off guard, but I think after the surprise, I was quickly filled with excitement for a new chapter and the opportunity ahead of me.General manager Rick Spielman said Thursday night he wouldnt mortgage the Vikings future to acquire a quarterback who might be in Minnesota only for the 2016 season. On Saturday evening, though, Spielman said he believed he hadnt done that with the trade for Bradford, giving two reasons: With eight picks in the 2017 draft, including two in the third and fourth rounds, the Vikings still have the ability to move back into the first round next spring. And with Bridgewaters recovery potentially stretching near the beginning of the 2017 season, the Vikings liked that theyd have another option for 2017 in case Bridgewater wasnt ready.Mortgaging the future, to me, was asking for some of our younger players -- current Pro Bowlers or significant players on this roster, Spielman said. Thats where I said I would not mortgage the future, giving any of the young players that are currently on our roster up. I think everybody knows how we feel about Teddy, but to me, it was just too unique of an opportunity to bring in a caliber of player like Sam Bradford. Going into next year, we have two very talented quarterbacks.With Bradfords exit, first-round pick Carson Wentz is expected to be the Eagles starter if he has sufficiently recovered from his rib injury, sources told ESPN. Wentz suffered a hairline rib fracture during the teams first preseason game Aug. 11 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and did not play in the final three preseason games.The Eagles traded with the Cleveland Browns to move up and select Wentz at No. 2 overall in this years draft.Though the Eagles said they had planned to bring Wentz along slowly, Philadelphias executive vice president of football operations, Howie Roseman, said Wentzs preparation has accelerated the timetable.Our interaction with him and our discussions with him, hes come a long way, even since we got him in April, Roseman said.Roseman added that Eagles brass already felt Wentz would be ready to take over as the teams starter should the opportunity to trade Bradford arise.Hes worked out the last couple of days before he came back to practice and just seeing him with his receivers and his aability to verbalize the play call and, really, his comfort level in that, Roseman said.ddddddddddddDespite the praise of Wentzs rapid maturation, Roseman said the Vikings interest is what ultimately led to the move.This was not our blueprint; this was not part of the plan, he said. But as we sit, we have to be flexible, and we have to be able to take advantage of opportunities that give us an opportunity to get where we want to be. Our organization has had a run of success at some point, but we are trying to get that trophy, and to do that, sometimes youve got to do things like this that arent so easy to do the week before the season starts.Chase Daniel?is likely to begin the regular season as the Eagles backup.Bradford re-signed with the Eagles in March to a two-year, $35 million deal with $22 million fully guaranteed. The Eagles paid Bradfords $11 million signing bonus, a source told Caplan, but the Vikings are responsible for the rest of his contract -- $20 million in base salaries and a $4 million March 2017 roster bonus.Bradford now will play for his sixth offensive coordinator, Norv Turner, in seven seasons. Vikings tight ends coach Pat Shurmur was Bradfords offensive coordinator with the Eagles last season and for two seasons (2009-10) with the Rams. Shurmurs input, Spielman said, played a major role in the Vikings decision to trade for Bradford. Roseman gave Vikings director of sports medicine Eric Sugarman, who worked for the Eagles from 2000 to 2005, permission to speak directly with Philadelphias medical staff, and Spielman said the Vikings felt comfortable with the health of Bradford, who has torn the ACL in his left knee twice.Bradford, the first overall selection in the 2010 draft out of Oklahoma, has thrown for 14,790 yards, 78 touchdowns and 52 interceptions in 63 career games, all of which have been starts.He will be reunited with former Sooners teammate Adrian Peterson, who was told of the trade before Saturdays Oklahoma-Houston game.Im pumped, Peterson said.The Vikings had four quarterbacks on their roster, but they waived undrafted rookies Joel Stave and Brad Sorensen, while putting second-year signal-caller Taylor Heinicke on the reserve/non-football injury list. Heinicke could be ready to practice in three weeks, league sources told ESPN, but would not be able to return for the first six weeks of the season.Journeyman quarterback Shaun Hill had taken over as the starter after Bridgewater was placed on injured reserve Wednesday. Spielman would not say whether Hill or Bradford would start on Sept. 11 against the Tennessee Titans, but its believed Hill -- who has been with the Vikings for two years after his 2014 season as Bradfords teammate in St. Louis -- has the edge to start the first game because of his familiarity with the offense. Bradford said he planned to immerse himself in the Vikings playbook on Saturday evening, and if he doesnt start against the Titans, he could be ready for the Vikings Sunday night home opener the following week against the Green Bay Packers.ESPNs Adam Caplan, Adam Schefter, Dan Graziano and Jake Trotter contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz