Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

28.09.2018 01:48
ul attempt for his 50th career wins, Kennedy gave up six hits and three runs while striking out seven in five innings. He has no Antworten

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Wil Myers must be thinking this is easy -- or least fun. The Tampa Bay Rays improved to 28-9 since the rookie outfielder was called up on June 18 with a 5-2 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night. "Its been a lot of fun," said Myers, who contributed a fine running catch, two walks and a single that extended his hitting streak to 11 games. "Were doing everything we need to do. Were pitching well, were hitting well, were getting timely hits, and our bullpens coming in and shutting the door." The bullpen wasnt needed Tuesday night. Roberto Hernandez came within one out of a shutout, and Yunel Escobar and Ben Zobrist drove in two runs each for the Rays, who have won 21 of 25 games this month. Hernandez (6-11) opened the game by hitting Gerardo Parra with a pitch and giving up a single to Aaron Hill. He then retired 22 of the next 25 batters he faced before Parra singled leading off the ninth. Eric Chavez ended Hernandezs shutout bid with a two-out home run off the right-field foul pole. Chavezs ninth home run was one of only five hits off Hernandez, who struck out six and walked one in his first complete game of the season. It was the seventh complete game thrown by the Rays this month, the most by any team in a calendar month since the Philadelphia Phillies had seven in 1999. "The only trouble he had was the two-out homer in the ninth inning," said Rays manager Joe Maddon. "Otherwise he was pretty clean." The veteran right-hander is the closest the Rays have had to a hard-luck pitcher during their charge to the top of the AL East. He is 2-5 in his last eight starts. "Today I controlled, threw strikes, kept the ball down, made a lot of ground balls," Hernandez said. "Whenever I go to the mound, I never think about what happened (previously). I think about today." And thats the way its been almost every day since Myers arrived. "Theyve thrown the ball well for a month now," said Myers, who is hitting .331. "We feel like were going to be in every single game, which gives us a lot of confidence to play." Zobrist and James Loney drove in runs in the first inning off Arizona starter Ian Kennedy, and Escobar made it 3-0 with his eighth home run in the fourth inning. Making his 10th straight unsuccessful attempt for his 50th career wins, Kennedy gave up six hits and three runs while striking out seven in five innings. He has not won since June 1. "A lot of balls were elevated. ... These guys are very aggressive when you get behind them, and they stung us on them," said Arizona manager Kirk Gibson. "Hes got to pitch better." Hill had two of Arizonas four hits, but was doubled up after each of them. With one game left in July, the Rays current 21-4 record ranks as the best July since the 1941 New York Yankees went 25-4 in the month Joe Dimaggios 56-game hitting streak ended. NOTES: The game was delayed 20 minutes in the second inning when some lights went out as a result of a lightning strike at a nearby power substation. ... Rays RHP Alex Cobb threw 50 pitches in a simulated game Tuesday and is scheduled to pitch three innings Saturday for Port Charlotte of the Class-A Florida State League in a rehab start. Cobb has not pitched for the Rays since sustaining a concussion when he was hit by a line drive on June 15. ... Hill is 19-for-44 (.442) in his last 12 interleague games. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Sergio Busquets Jersey . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. http://www.cheapbarcelonajerseys.com/?tag=clement-lenglet-jersey . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Marc-Andre ter Stegen Jersey . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Malcom Jersey . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. I opened the batting with Bill Lawry when he scored 282 not out for Northcote against Essendon to win the 1965-66 Victoria Cricket Association Premiership final.I was a 22-year-old in my fourth year of grade cricket. Bill had just come off a hundred at the MCG against England that helped Australia retain the Ashes.He batted for 509 minutes and faced 454 balls. It was a two-innings match, supposed to be played over two weekends. But the rules were that if there was no chance of getting both innings in, the match would be decided on whoever scored the most runs in their first innings. The first innings had to be played to a finish, though.It took three weekends to finish this game. Essendon scored 514 for 9 declared, batting first. Thats a lot of runs, someone said in our dressing room, after wed come off. Bill didnt think it was enough, though. The wicket was good and he couldnt understand why theyd declared. This is a grand final, he told everyone.Earlier in the season, he had made a duck against Essendon. Hes got a memory like an elephant, forgets nothing, and was determined to make up for this rare failure. Straightaway he started accumulating runs. Nothing flash, just like he was playing in a Test match.Thats what stood out about Bill. He played club cricket just as seriously and carefully as if he was playing for Australia.I was dropped at third slip first ball, but was still there at the cloose of play.dddddddddddd We had 98 by then. Bill said that if I didnt get out in the first hour the next day, wed win the game. He also told me not to play back to their legspinner. The next day, just after the hour, I played back to the legspinner and was out lbw.Bill didnt give a single chance in his 282, in almost two and a half days of batting. It was the same whenever he batted. Never looked like getting out. Bill saw the ball much earlier than the rest of us, and at club level didnt appear to have any weaknesses. He judged the ball perfectly outside off stump. Even when the opposition had their state players, Bill dominated, simply by having complete mastery of his game.Playing with someone that good inspired you to play better yourself. Our middle-order batsman Tom Ryan was a bit of a hitter, but for the final, Bill just said to him. Cut that out today. Tom scored 82 and put on nearly 200 with Bill.As a captain, Bill was a hard taskmaster, but people listened to him. He dropped me to No. 11 for one game because I questioned one of his decisions.The final against Essendon was played at the Albert Ground in Melbourne, the Melbourne Cricket Clubs second ground. Id never seen it so full. As Bill closed in on the target, there was a 70-metre queue outside to get in. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online NFL Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Jerseys From China China Womens NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz