Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

07.06.2019 10:05
for he couldnt bear the thought of being Antworten

IRVING, Texas -- The Big 12 Conference will not split into divisions for football and instead will match its first- and second-place teams when its championship game returns next season.Athletic directors decided on the 1 vs. 2 format after input from the leagues football coaches, the conference announced Friday.Given our round-robin, nine-game scheduling model, it is expected the Big 12 champion will be uniquely positioned for College Football Playoff consideration, Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said in a statement. I would argue there will be no path more difficult than our champions, where it will have played every team in the conference, faced at least one autonomy conference non-conference opponent and then plays in our championship game. The guaranteed No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup will be a great game for our fans, and its hard to imagine a stronger position for a conference champion.The league is expected to announce the site of the 2017 championship game in the coming weeks.The Big 12 announced earlier this year it planned to bring back the championship game it discontinued in 2011 after Nebraska and Colorado departed the conference, leaving only 10 members.It has been the smallest Power Five conference and only one without a conference championship game since. After Big 12 co-champions TCU and Baylor were left out of the first four-team playoff in 2014, conference leaders considered resuming the championship game. The conference felt it could be at a disadvantage if its top teams were playing 12 games, while the other Power Five champions were playing 13, including a high-profile championship game to end the season.In 2015, not having a championship game was not a problem for the Big 12. Oklahoma won the conference and was selected for the playoff.Earlier this year, the NCAA passed legislation that was co-sponsored by the Big 12, allowing conferences with less than 12 members to stage a championship game.A championship game is not a natural fit for a 10-team conference. Hired consultants provided data to the Big 12 that showed the conferences chances to place a team in the playoff would improve by having 12 members split into two divisions, with a championship game. The Big 12 spent three months analyzing expansion and vetting schools to potentially add. Last week, the conference announced it was sticking with 10 members and its round-robin schedule, guaranteeing the championship game will be a rematch.The Big 12 considered different ways of splitting into two five-team divisions . Divisions could have made it possible to avoid having the championship game participants playing twice during a short period of time. Cross-division games could have been scheduled for earlier in the season.Now it is possible the conferences two best teams could meet in consecutive weeks, which happened in the Pac-12 in 2012 with UCLA and Stanford. Johnny Bench Jersey Large . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Custom Reggie Sanders Jersey . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. http://www.customredsjersey.com/custom-tom-seaver-jersey-large-362w.html . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Custom Reds T-shirts . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. Tom Seaver Jersey Large . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Neil Putnam had been getting ready for spring practice at Lafayette College in 1973 when one of his quarterbacks came into the head varsity football coachs office with news of a difficult decision.Fresh off a strong season running the Leopards freshman football team, this budding two-sport star had decided to pass on a possible career on the gridiron, instead choosing to focus solely on baseball.Of course, my heart went down to my shoes, Putnam said, 43 years later. Im behind the desk, and Joes looking at me. I said, Joe, have you thought this over? And then I tried to obviously do a little bit of a sell job: Were looking forward to you coming into the varsity, and, Great hopes for the future of the program and all the things a head coach would do.But in the end what I said was what I meant: If youve made a decision and you thought it out, then you go with your decision and with my blessing. You become the best baseball player possible and do it right; however, if you decide to come back, doors always open.Joe was Joe Maddon, the brainiac manager whose Chicago Cubs will open the World Series on Tuesday against the Cleveland Indians. But before Maddon took the North Siders to their first Fall Classic in 71 years, before he legitimized the Tampa Bay Rays, before he spent three decades in the Los Angeles Angels organization, the kid from West Hazleton, Pennsylvania, was something of a football star. And few bore witness to those pigskin exploits outside of Maddons alma mater, Lafayette, a 2,500-student liberal arts school some 80 minutes southeast of Maddons hometown.There, in the land of the FCS, every regular season ends with The Rivalry, pitting Lafayette against nearby nemesis Lehigh in what is the nations most-played football series. Maddon had a memorable debut in that matchup in the 1972 freshman game, completing 14 of 17 passes for four touchdowns in a Lafayette win.It would mark the last game of Maddons football career.He wore No. 12, a memory that resurfaced around campus last month when, during one of the eccentric skippers many themed road trips with the Cubs, Maddon wore a black and red Lafayette jersey that was given to him by current Leopards football coach Frank Tavani.As a signal-caller, Maddon demonstrated tremendous field vision, Putnam recalled. Steve Schnall, who was in charge of Lafayettes freshman team at the time, said in retrospect, the 5-foot-11 Maddon reminded him of a taller, slightly less mobile version of Doug Flutie, who won the 1984 Heisman Trophy before embarking on a 21-year professional career.Schnall lauded Maddons IQ, saying he trusted his quarterback enough to put auto-calls in to him rather than strictly designed plays, which gave him a freedom at the line of scrimmage that was unusual more than four decades ago.Just by accident we were running RPOs [run-pass options], Schnall said. We didnt call it RPO in those days but we were checking from calling a pass to running the ball or calling a run and then he would check to a pass, things like that that nobody was doing, including the pros. This guy was way ahead of his time in terms of intellect and ability and great judgment. Great instincts in everything he did.Schnall recruited Maddon out of Hazleton High. He remembered a blue-collar family, with his mother working at the Third-Base Luncheonette -- where she still works today -- and his father working as a plumber. Lafayette had no qualms about allowing Maddon to play both football and baseball.Schnall sees some of Maddons mottos now -- be it try not to suckk or do simple better -- and is reminded of their shared philosophies.dddddddddddd Maddon has spoken publicly about Schnalls own mantra -- zero defects -- and how it has helped influence his managing style.ZD, as Schnall called it, is about doing everything right the first time and creating a culture that strives to be mistake-free in everything from the neatness of the locker room to the way meals are served.[Maddon] is a special person, and it aint a fluke what hes done at Tampa Bay and Chicago, Schnall said. This guys got the ability to relate to players, but he also relates to the janitor just as well as the players and also relates to the owner just as well as he does to the janitor. Hes got a special knack of relationship relevancy. Hes an amazing guy and [his success is] well-deserved.Schnall, who went on to have a long coaching career in both the college and NFL ranks, still exchanges emails with Maddon but has yet to visit him in Chicago, although he was once the managers spring training guest with the Rays.Putnam, the coach who had left that football door ajar for Maddon, heard from his former pupil in 2014, when they arranged to reconnect at Yankee Stadium, the site of the 150th Lafayette-Lehigh football game -- 41 years after they had last seen each other.Reunions being what they are, the two never crossed paths in the Bronx. Putnam drove back to his Vermont home and, a day later, received a call from an apologetic Maddon, who had gotten caught up saying hello to too many other old faces.He felt like he had done something wrong to make me want to retire back in the day, Maddon recalled. I said, Coach, you did nothing wrong. ... I wanted to play baseball; I didnt want to just keep getting hit anymore. You had nothing to do with it. ... He felt so badly about that, so we talked about that and we just talked about all the coaches that we had.The newly-minted Chicago manager invited Putnam and his family to a game of their choice, and the party made a day out of it last July, first visiting Putnams son -- who was stationed in Illinois as the commander of the states National Guards 2nd Battalion -- before heading to Wrigley Field for a night game.Putnam and his wife, their son, daughter-in-law and grandkids got to meet with Maddon and explore his office before the Cubs faced the Cardinals. Maddon was a gracious host, Putnam said, one who had not changed one iota from the teenager he remembers coaching. The group laughed about Lafayette and old times, with Maddon even saying that he planned to throw the party to end all parties back at a fraternity house upon his next campus return.Putnam, the old coach, warned him not to get kids in trouble -- but Maddon, who says the party is on for next month, invited Putnam. You know, to make sure things dont get out of hand.Putnam says hes not a superstitious man, but the old coach in him cant shake certain routines, be it wearing the same hat when things are going well or greeting folks the same way every day.And so it is that he has yet to make contact with Maddon during this charmed campaign, for he couldnt bear the thought of being the reason the Cubs dont close the deal and snap their 108-year streak without a World Series title.Theres no way after the beginning of the year I was going to get back to him in-season, Putnam quipped. I cant wait for him to win this thing so I can break the silence and get back to him. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz