Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

12.06.2019 13:50
. By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pas Antworten

Review it! Review it! screamed the Australians, goading Sri Lankas Dimuth Karunaratne as they hurtled past him to backslap, high-five and bum-pat each other. Fifth over, day one, first Test: Mitchell Starc had struck the pad and elicited the raised finger to provisionally dismiss the opener, who now stood prone, mulling whether or not, as a professional batsman, he agreed. He had 15 seconds to decide, computing angles and circumstance amidst a cacophony of side-mouthed badgering from the opposition. Thats out mate! Go on, review it!It must be the most unnatural calculation known to anyone who has ever held a cricket bat: Ive been hit on the pad. The umpire thinks Im out. Do I agree?Cats eat mice; lizards lie on rocks; batsmen are not out. Compelling them to think rationally about whether they are lbw or not is surely the most perverse aspect of on-field cricket in the modern age. To watch a batsmans agony as he attempts to transcend his survival reflex is either excruciating or darkly entertaining, depending on how you like your schadenfreude served.But is it fair?Crickets connection to law, particularly Westminster law, is as old as the game itself. Each is meant to contain social meaning and life lessons. The relationship between the game and legal theory is well chronicled in books like David Frasers Cricket and the Law: The Man in White is Always Right, and the parallels are pretty clear.In the case of lbws, a batsmans protection of the stumps via pad is the crime. The bowler is the victim, or plaintiff, and the batsman is the defendant. The umpire, or judge, hands down the ruling. And in crickets modern society, the batsman now has the right of appeal. All sounds pretty fair so far.But if crickets laws are meant to reflect societal values, should we be allowing the batsman - undoubtedly irrational at the key moment - an opportunity to adjudicate? Seriously, who has ever been struck on the pad and comprehensively agreed that they are out?Batsmen, in this moment, are in a state of madness. They should be considered, for legal purposes, criminally insane.Enter Shane Watson: the human embodiment of bad reviews and the resulting face of the most tired gag in cricket. A precociously talented cricketer who will be remembered for the grievous crime of thinking he was not out when he often was. He deserves sympathy because hes just like us. If asked to adjudicate your own dismissal, how would you fare? Its a scenario not uncommon in maidans, nets, backyards and back alleys across the world. These arenas are like nation states: each claiming sovereignty over its territory and domestic affairs, and establishing its own culture, custom and protocol in doing so. But lbws, worldwide, remain a unilateral source of contention.My own backyard was no different. I still remember the day - I was ten - when my dad introduced a new rule into our own nation state. I was deemed to have a grasp on the laws of lbw, so now the batsman would be the sole decision maker on all appeals. Looking back, I presume there was a moral dimension to this new legislation. I was being encouraged to trade infantile tantrums for a more sober, objective appraisal of the game. I was being taught fairness.A batsman-review at amateur level would be disastrous. Not just for their inevitably poor application, but because it would compromise a key cultural pillar of cricket: the joy of casting doubt on the umpires decision. Robbing players of the opportunity to wage a dressing-room whisper campaign about the veracity of their dismissal would bring to an end to one of the great sources of comedy for cricketers: watching a batsman convince himself that, yet again, he has been the victim of a bad decision.Because batsmen, when hit on the pad, are not out. Its their natural plight. Technology may reduce the howler and help us arrive at the truth, but an elegant law may reflect some understanding of this phenomenon.When my dad struck me on the toe, or back leg, fully covering the stumps, I knew what the answer was. I am not out, because Im normal and I want to keep batting. I may be wrong, but I am in no state to decide.Karunaratne didnt think he was out either, but he took too long to decide. He was out. Suck s***! bellowed one Australian as the opener plodded off.When it comes to getting out, we are all children, and so it should remain. Eric Staal Jersey Large . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Custom Wild Jersey China . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . http://www.customwildjersey.com/ . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Custom Wild T-shirts . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Wild Jerseys China .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach.Andy Murray kicks off his Miami Open challenge on Saturday, live on Sky Sports. Our coverage begins at 3pm on Sky Sports 3 HD but Murray is not expected to play his match until midnight so make yourself a cup of coffee and settle in for the evening.The British No 1 is playing Denis Istomin who has already completed one upset this week, having eliminated talented teen Borna Coric in the first round as Murray enjoyed a bye. Andy Murray says he is happy to be back in familiar surroundings as he prepares foe the Miami Open Istomin, of Uzbekistan, is the world No 76 and Murray has won both of their previous meetings, although they were both three years ago.A rematch with Federico Delbonis, who eliminated Murray from last weeks Indian Wells, is still on the cards for the third round. On Saturday, Delbonis plays a second-round match against Grigor Dimitrov.Elsewhere, sixth seed Kei Nishikori plays qualifier Pierre-Hugues Herbert and fourth seed Stan Wawrinka meets Andrey Kuznetsov.One to watchIts worth keeping an eye on Rafael Nadal who seems to be slowly approaching the great form that won him 14 Grand Slams. After an impressive Indian Wells campaign was ended by Novak Djokovic in the semi-final, Nadal continues his upward curve against Damir Dzumhur of Bosnia on Saturday. Nadal earned a big win over Nishikori last week Potential upsetNick Kyrgios, the 24th seed, is pitted in a fascinating contest against Marcos Baghdatis.dddddddddddd The maverick Australian should have all the tools to squeeze past Baghdatis, but if anyone knows how to throw a vulnerable youngster off his game, it is the veteran from Cyprus. Kyrgios and Baghdatis has never played before, so the 40-year-old might be licking his lips at facing a talented but inconsistent contender. Nick Kyrgios also brings entertainment to the court In case you missed itBritains Kyle Edmund put up a brave effort against Djokovic on Friday night, eventually succumbing in straight sets, but the match will be remembered for something bizarre.With the ball hurtling through the air towards Djokovic, who was due to serve, check out how he chose to catch it… Novak Djokovic treated the Miami Open crowd to a spectacular catch... By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: ATP schedule Tennis on Sky Latest scores Get a NOW TV pass ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz