Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

18.07.2019 15:36
it was almost four and a half meters longer that Ive eve Antworten

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- NASCARs final four, er, sorry, Championship 4, have been jetted from city to city, talk show to talk show and media conference to media conference. Now, finally, it is time for Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson and Joey Logano to get on with the business of one of those four actually winning that championship.Exactly what that title will mean depends on which one of the four Cup hopefuls youre speaking of -- a spectrum of outcomes that ranges from redemption to validation to history, both the rewriting of the record book and the next step toward possibly rewriting it again years down the road.Weve all known each other for a long time now, Carl Edwards explained Thursday during the foursomes final formal media obligation before getting to Homestead-Miami Speedway for Sundays 400-mile season finale. Our stories are similar because were all racers, but really they are completely different. Were from different places. Weve had really different NASCAR careers. So, we all want to win the championship, but for each of us it might mean something a little different.For Edwards, its the redemption. In 2011 at this track in this event, he missed out on a Sprint Cup title in a manner befitting the victim of a Hitchcock film. He finished a nine-month season by leading the most laps and finishing second in a race twisted by rain, tying Tony Stewart in the point standings but losing the title via a tiebreaker of wins. The onetime wunderkind, now 37, is arguably the best current driver not to win a championship, with 28 Cup wins and a pair of runner-up championship finishes.But, if NASCAR brass is being honest, an Edwards title, while surely overwhelmingly well-received in the garage, wont provide the kind electricity the sanctioning body seeks heading into a crucial offseason.Sorry, Cuz, but thats the truth.If Edwards was once viewed as a wunderkind, then Loganos earmarking was more along the lines of savior. The Sliced Bread title bolted to him as a preteen short tracker served its purpose of providing the spotlight that moved him up the racing ladder in a hurry. He was in a Cup ride at 18 -- the first driver born in the 1990s to hold a steering wheel in NASCARs top division. But when the wins didnt come quickly enough, that spotlight turned into a heat lamp and he nearly withered. At 22, he was labeled by many as washed up.A Cup title would finally fulfill the Sliced Bread promise, the at-long-last christening of the now 26-year-old king of the suddenly large Cup contingent of 20-somethings. And though he politely deflects talk of validation bordering on revenge, the mention of it does spark a smile.I dont really think about that, he said. But I do know who has stuck with me through thick or thin and I know they will be sticking with me Sunday night whether we win the championship or not.NASCAR no doubt will stick by Logano, too. But again, apologies to the kid, because he isnt the driver the suits are likely rooting for.No, to generate headlines here in the depths of the football season, the fine folks in Daytona and Charlotte no doubt have their eyes on the No. 48 Chevrolet. Thats the ride of Jimmie Johnson, the only member of the Championship 4 racing for immortality. A Cup would be his seventh, equaling one of NASCARs two most coveted career records. The only other racers with that many titles are the two greatest in the history of the sport, Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt.Yes, there are those who still try to discount Johnsons championship success to a Chase postseason format that The King and The Intimidator never used. Yes, there are those who continue to paint Johnson as vanilla, a starched-shirt corporate clone.Those people are wrong.They are being handed a chance to see motorsports history achieved by one of the greatest racers ever born. But even if they dont appreciate it now, one day they will. Sometimes thats how history works.I think when he won five [Cups] in a row, he was winning a lot of races and a lot of championships and maybe people got tired of it, his boss, team owner Rick Hendrick, said Friday. I still say that Jimmie is going to get more credit when hes done than hell get when hes driving.That brings us to Kyle Busch. He is a former teammate to Johnson and Logano and a current teammate to Edwards. Like Logano, he was perhaps thrown into a Cup car too soon and, though more successful quicker than his friends, Busch also struggled with the spotlight. Like Edwards, the story of Buschs career was written with lots of individual race wins (38) but dogged by the inability to win a Sprint Cup championship.That changed one year ago. In the four-man, run-for-your-life, beat-the-other-three, win-and-in Chase finale format, he did all of the above. It was a night that included redemption, validation and history. If he does the same on Sunday night, it will further amplify what he did one year ago.A second Cup for Busch, still only 31 years old, would also perhaps signify the start of something much larger. It might very well be the first step toward one day, years from now, running alongside Johnson, Petty and Earnhardt, perhaps even passing them. And thats why, though we -- and NASCAR -- might not realize it now, a Kyle Busch championship might be the most intriguing Sunday night outcome of them all.I think about last year at Homestead racing Jeff Gordon for the championship and all the history that came with his retirement and then Jimmie this year going for seven, Busch said Thursday. Our goal when we all started as racers wasnt to make history. But if youre fortunate enough to have a chance, or even have a chance to see it, thats pretty cool.Well all have that chance Sunday night at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Now we just have to wait and see whos going to write it. And what it ultimately means as the sport rolls over the horizon ahead. J.T. Brown Wild Jersey . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Alex Stalock Jersey .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. http://www.authenticwildpro.com/Jordan-greenway-wild-jersey/ . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Custom Minnesota Wild Jerseys . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Minnesota Wild Jerseys . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. Neeraj Chopra comes from a traditional Indian joint family. In Panipat, the families of his father and three other brothers share what he describes as a happy house. None of his siblings or cousins play sport, but since Neeraj made his foray into Javelin as a 14-year old in 2011, he has had their wholehearted support.I wasnt really into sports till my mid-teens, Neeraj tells ESPN over a crackling telephone line from Poland. I just did some casual running before the local coach introduced me to the javelin and it went from there.Neeraj shot into the national limelight on Sunday morning when news trickled in of his historic gold at the IAAF World U-20 championships in the Polish city of Bydgoszcz.World U20 record!Watch the 86.48 throw of Neeraj Chopra pic.twitter.com/BXtCKxR0rT- IAAF (@iaaforg) July 24, 2016Not only did he become the first Indian in history to clinch a world championship gold in a field event, Neerajs throw of 86.48m created a new world record, surpassing the previous best by nearly 2 metres. His throw was in fact among the eight best of the year and ahead of the 84.58m thrown by Keshorn Walcott of Trinidad and Tobago to win gold at the 2012 Olympics in London.This was my best throw ever, it was almost four and a half meters longer that Ive ever thrown, even in practice, he says. I have no idea how it happened, everything just happened perfectly during the throw. Maybe because I was representing India, I was feeling a bit inspired from within.I started with a throw of 79.66m. When the spear left my hand for the second throw, I felt this would be something special.dddddddddddd But I thought it would be around 83 metres. When I saw the outcome, for a second I couldnt believe it and then obviously, I was ecstatic.Despite the throw being higher than the Olympic qualification standard of 83 metres, Neeraj wont be at Rio because he failed to make the grade by the cut-off date of July 11. He had nearly ensured qualification by clinching gold at the South Asian Federation games in Guwahati in February and equalling the national record with a throw of 82.23 metres.However, he was hampered by a back injury subsequently that took longer than he hoped to heal. Neeraj says the time away also led to some technical faults creeping in before he rectified them over this extended training and competition stint in Poland.Neeraj is an admirer of Czech Republics three-time Olympic gold medalist Jan Zelezny, and hopes to match his idols perfect technique. Zelezny also holds the world record of 98.48 metres, set in 1996, and Neeraj is confident that this performance in Poland will act as a springboard for him to aspire to similar heights. He says the trick is to focus on a goal-oriented training schedule over the next few years.I am not going to Rio but my ambition is to do the best I possibly can at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, he says. I will go for gold. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz