Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

22.07.2019 05:51
and were still learning what offense Antworten

BOSTON -- Jake Peavy tipped his hat to the crowd as he left off the mound to a standing ovation after his first start since joining the Boston Red Sox. A smile would have to wait. "I was upset giving up that hit," Peavy said after allowing four hits, one of them against his final batter before walking off to a big cheer in Bostons 5-2 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night. "I hope every last person knows it from the bottom of my heart: It was something special." Peavy (8-5) struck out seven and walked two, giving up Paul Goldschmidts homer in the fourth and leaving with a 3-1 lead after a leadoff single in the eighth. The former Cy Young winner walked slowly from the mound as the crowd rose to a standing ovation, tipping his cap to the fans while crossing the first-base line on his way to the dugout. "Outstanding debut for us," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "He was effective, as advertised." Shane Victorino and Jarrod Saltalamacchia homered for Boston. Jonny Gomes threw a runner out at the plate to protect a one-run lead in the eighth inning and preserve the win for Peavy, who was acquired from the Chicago White Sox late Tuesday night in a three-team trade that included Detroit. "Jonny Gomes might be my favourite player in the big leagues," Peavy told reporters after the game with a broad smile on his face. "I had some nerves. ... I have 300 starts, it felt like one of my first." Koji Uehara pitched the ninth for his 10th save for the Red Sox, who have won six of their last eight games and remain one game ahead of the Tampa Bay Rays in the AL East. Patrick Corbin (12-3) allowed three runs on eight hits and two walks, striking out six in six-plus innings for his second consecutive loss. Peavy left after giving up a leadoff single to Wil Nieves in the eighth, then the Diamondbacks continued to load the bases against Craig Breslow. Aaron Hill singled off Junichi Tazawa to make it 3-2 but Gomes threw out Cliff Pennington at the plate when he tried to score from second. "Were aggressive," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said, defending third-base coach Matt Williams. "I make mistakes, Matty makes mistakes, players make mistakes at times. We stand behind each other." Goldschmidt struck out, then Eric Chavez flied out to left to end the inning. Boston made it 5-2 in the bottom half when Saltalamacchia homered into the Red Sox bullpen, where Uehara caught it. The Red Sox got Peavy on Tuesday night, a before the trading deadline. The 2007 NL Cy Young winner came from a last-place team to a first-place team, and in his first start he gave the Red Sox rotation a boost. In his third start since leaving the game on June 4 for Chicago with a broken rib, Peavy allowed just one hit in the first three innings before Goldschmidt knocked an 0-2 pitch over the Boston bullpen to lead off the fourth. Peavy retired 12 of the next 13 batters. "He was just vintage Jake," Gibson said. "He made the pitches when he had to. We had some pressure on him occasionally, but hes a good pitcher. Thats why they got him. Youve got to tip your hat." Corbin had allowed one earned run in each of his previous four starts before giving up three on Saturday, bringing a 2.24 ERA -- third-best in the National League -- into the game. The Diamondbacks fell to 18-4 in his starts this season. NOTES: The Red Sox recalled RHP Rubby de la Rosa from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned RHP Pedro Beato to Triple-A. ... Jacoby Ellsbury stole his 40th base of the season, joining Tris Speaker (1912-14) as the only Red Sox players with three seasons of at least 40 steals. ... Boston DH David Ortiz has reached base safely in 17 straight games. ... The Red Sox are 8-3 in interleague play this year, with 17 wins in their last 22 games against the NL. ... Former Red Sox OF Cody Ross was held hitless in four at-bats after going 4 for 5 on Friday with two doubles and a go-ahead homer for Arizona. Anthony Miller Jersey . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Brian Urlacher Jersey . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. http://www.chicagobearfootballauthentic.com/authentic-william-perry-bears-jersey/ . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Anthony Miller Youth Jersey . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. Roquan Smith Womens Jersey . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. MIAMI -- Coach Jim Larranaga wanted more assists and fewer turnovers from his Miami Hurricanes, and they accomplished half of that assignment Saturday, which was enough to beat Wofford.The Hurricanes tied their season high with 15 assists, which helped them overcome 16 turnovers and win 74-57 in the HoopHall Miami Invitational.Those statistics have been substandard this season while the young Hurricanes develop cohension, Larranaga said.Almost every guy on the team has a new role from last year, he said. We wanted to create more assists with fewer turnovers. We got the assists; we still have too many turnovers.Junior JaQuan Newton totaled a career-high nine assists to go with 15 points for the Hurricanes (6-2). Senior forward Kamari Murphy had a career-high 14 points, often thanks to good passes from the perimeter.This last week coach L emphasized ball movement and everybody getting touches, Murphy said. We showed that today. My teammates did a great job finding me off the rolls on the baseline so I could finish.Davon Reed added 13 points for Miami, and freshman Bruce Brown had 12 points and three steals while playing 37 minutes.Another fine Hurricanes team, Wofford coach Mike Young said. We had our moments and made them work and made them guard some things that maybe they havent guarded this season. But coach Larranaga has another quality team.As so oftentimes happens in games like this, the bigger, stronger athletes ultimately get the best of you, and I thought thats what happened. Just not enough good things to make it even more interesting.Cameron Jackson came off the bench and had 16 points and four steals in 15 minutes for Wofford (2-6).Miami shot 50 percent from the field, including 7 for 15 from 3-point range, and went 19 for 21 from thee free throw line.ddddddddddddIts still early in the season, Murphy said. Everybodys learning each other, and were still learning what offense best fits us. Weve always had the defensive intensity so were just finding our offense -- where guys like it, where guys like to be on the court. When we have great ball movement and flow, this is the type of result youre going to get.RUNSThe Hurricanes raced to leads of 17-4 and 24-6. The margin was 32-15 when Wofford mounted a comeback.Miami went without a field goal for the first seven minutes of the second half, allowing Wofford to close to within five points. Dejan Vasiljevic and Brown then sank consecutive 3-pointers, and Miami was never again threatened.We came out a little flat the second half, Newton said. Coach L called a timeout and we had to regroup. Once we got ourselves together and got the defensive stops that we needed, we just started running our offense again.SMALL TURNOUTThe stands were mostly empty at the Miami Heats arena, but the crowd did include Heat president Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison. Announced attendance was 4,885.Illinois beat VCU 64-46 in the opening game.BIG PICTUREWofford: They Terriers have lost to Louisiana State, Colorado and Miami by a combined 54 points.Miami: The Hurricanes count rebounding as a strength, and they outrebounded Wofford 35-24. Murphy had 10 and was chosen the games most valuable player.UP NEXTWofford: The Terriers play host to Virginia Wise on Tuesday.Miami: The Hurricanes, who play all six December games in South Florida, face South Carolina State on Tuesday.---More AP College Basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz