Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

29.07.2019 04:05
er pitching a season-high eight inning Antworten

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- An unusual pregame pep talk helped Tennessee finally earn a quality nonconference win.Diamond DeShields scored 15 points as the Lady Volunteers erased an early 11-point deficit to beat No. 10 Stanford 59-51 on Sunday and snap the Cardinals six-game winning streak.Tennessee (6-4) had dropped its first four games against major-conference teams. Tennessee assistant coach Dean Lockwood reminded the Lady Vols how much this game meant by referring to this time of year as hunting season.He said this Stanford team is a big buck and we need to eat for the winter, (that) if we dont kill this buck, we might starve, our family might starve and its going to be a long winter, DeShields said. He said, `Lets get us a big buck. That was kind of our mentality going into the game.Tennessee guard Jordan Reynolds said Sundays game absolutely was a must win for the Lady Vols. In their four previous games against major-conference foes, the Lady Vols had fallen to Penn State, Virginia Tech, No. 3 Baylor and No. 16 Texas.This game didnt start out much better for Tennessee.Stanford (8-2) took an early 15-4 lead by effectively driving to the basket and capitalizing on Tennessees turnover problems. Tennessee got back into the game with its defense, as Stanford struggled to score after that fast start.We got them down, and we didnt keep them down, Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer said. I thought the No. 1 thing for me looking at the game was we didnt pass the ball. We held the ball. We didnt move the ball. We only had six assists. ... We just need to play better team basketball.Tennessee went on an 11-0 run in the second quarter to pull ahead 29-25 before Stanford rallied to make it 29-all at halftime.The Lady Vols pulled ahead for good by going on a 10-0 spurt that started late in the third quarter and carried over to the fourth period. Tennessee led by as many as 12 early in the final quarter, and Stanford never cut the margin below six the rest of the way.Reynolds scored 14 points, Mercedes Russell had 11 points and 13 rebounds, and Jaime Nared had 10 points for Tennessee.Erica McCall and Karlie Samuelson each scored 13 points for Stanford. Brittany McPhee added 11.THE TAKEAWAYStanford: The Cardinal cooled off considerably after a hot start. After making seven of its first eight field-goal attempts, Stanford (8-2) shot just 27.8 percent (15 of 54) the rest of the way. Stanford shot 4 of 20 from 3-point range.Tennessee: If Reynolds can build upon this performance, it could provide some needed balance to Tennessees offense. Reynolds had scored just two points in each of the three games leading up to this one, but she had 11 points by halftime Sunday. Heading into Sundays game, the trio of Russell, DeShields and Nared had combined for 61 percent of Tennessees scoring.My coaches have been on me a lot lately, saying that I havent been playing like myself, Reynolds said. They said a couple of words that I cant say right now, but they really got into me, telling me to be more aggressive, trying to get back to do what I do best, which is attacking.WARLICKS MILESTONEThis marked the 1,000th win that Tennessees Holly Warlick was a part of in her 36 seasons as a head coach and assistant, with the vast majority coming during her 27 seasons as a Lady Vols assistant on Pat Summitts staff. Warlick is in her fifth season as a head coach and owns a 114-38 record.I like the one, Im not worried about the 1,000, Warlick quipped. I just needed this one today.KEY STATSTennessee had nine steals Sunday and is now 5-0 when it gets at least seven steals. The Lady Vols are just 1-4 when they dont make at least seven steals. ... This marked Tennessees biggest come-from-behind victory since rallying from a 17-point deficit to beat Gonzaga in a 2015 regional semifinal.UP NEXTStanford is at George Washington on Wednesday.Tennessee hosts Troy on Wednesday. 12 Oz Hydro Flask Kids . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Hydro Flask 21 Oz Standard Mouth . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.hydroflaskcoffeesale.com/ . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Hydro Flask 40 Oz Wide Mouth . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Hydro Flask 32 Oz Wide Mouth Straw Lid . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. PITTSBURGH -- Gregory Polanco made manager Clint Hurdles decision to move him into the cleanup spot for the first time in his career look like a good one.Polanco hit a tiebreaking three-run homer and Chad Kuhl pitched six innings for the win after being called up from the minor leagues as the Pirates defeated the San Diego Padres 6-4 on Tuesday night.Hurdle batted the third-year right fielder fourth for the first time in his career and Polancos three-run blast deep into the seats in right-center off Luis Perdomo was his 16th homer, put the Pirates ahead 5-2 and keyed a four-run sixth inning that included Francisco Cervellis RBI double.Hes been our most efficient guy with RBI percentage, Hurdle said. I like Polanco in the four to try something different. Our offense wasnt producing like I feel were capable of producing.Polanco said his approach did not change with hitting cleanup.As always, when you have two strikes, if you see a pitch close to the plate, you have to swing, Polanco said. He left it right there, and I put a good swing on it.Kuhl (2-0) allowed two runs and five hits while striking out four and walking four. He made four starts with the Pirates earlier this season and was 6-3 with a 2.37 ERA in 16 starts for Indianapolis.David Freese had three hits and scored three runs and Josh Harrison added two hits for the Pirates, who improved to 4-6 in a 12-game stretch against teams who are at least 10 games under .500.Pittsburgh remained three games out of the second NL wild card.Tony Watson pitched a scoreless ninth for his third save.Perdomo (5-6) was tagged for six runs -- five earned -- in five innings. The rookie walked three and struck out three as his ERA rose to 6.80.Padres manager Andy Green felt Perdomo made a mistake on the home run ball to Polanco by trying to challenge him up and in with a fastball.Hes not ready to make that pitch in that situation yet because its going to come back over the plate and it did, Green said. Luis is a power sinker guy right now and thats the pitch he needed to throw. Its all part of the learning process.Rookie Jabari Blash had two hits and two RBI, includiing a solo home run off Watson in the ninth, for the Padres.dddddddddddd Wil Myers hit his team-leading 22nd homer, a solo shot off Antonio Bastardo in the eighth inning, and Yangervis Solarte had two hits.After a 36-minute rain delay, Kuhl gave up both runs in the first inning when Alex Dickerson hit an RBI double and scored on Blashs single.The Pirates tied it 2-2 as Sean Rodriguez hit a run-scoring groundout in the second inning and he added an RBI single in the fourth.I kind of calmed down after the first inning, Kuhl said. I was able to just execute pitches. The first, I felt a little gassed, a little weird. But I started to calm down and get more into a rhythm.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: RHP Tyler Glasnow (right shoulder discomfort) will make a rehab start Sunday for Double-A Altoona after pitching a three-inning simulated game Tuesday afternoon, the first time he faced hitters since going on the DL on July 24. . Polanco returned to the starting lineup after being limited to pinch-hitting during the previous four games because of left shoulder discomfort. ... Freese started after sitting out Sundays loss to Cincinnati with left elbow discomfort.ROSTER MOVEThe Pirates optioned RHP Curtis Partch to Indianapolis to make room for Kuhl. Partch allowed three runs in 2/3 of an inning in two games.ROTATION NEWSGreen is considering giving LHP Clayton Richard a spot start Sunday against the Mets at New York as San Diego is in the midst of playing on 16 consecutive days. Richard pitched a scoreless inning Tuesday.WHATS NEXTPadres: RHP Edwin Jackson (2-2, 5.00 ERA) is scheduled to start Wednesday night in the second game of the three-game series after pitching a season-high eight innings to beat Milwaukee last Wednesday. He has a 9-3 career record against the Pirates.Pirates: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (1-1, 3.25) makes his second start since being out from May 24-Aug. 3 with facial fractures sustained when hit by a pitch. He held Atlanta to one run in six innings in a no-decision last Thursday. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz