Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 News
panxing18 Offline

05.08.2019 03:46
Lamar Jackson knows that he will play a big par Antworten

KANSAS CITY 2019 Trace McSorley Jersey , Mo. (AP) — t in stopping the high-flying Kansas City Chiefs offense when he leads the Baltimore Ravens into Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.He won't make a tackle, though, or cause a fumble or intercept a pass.That's because stopping Patrick Mahomes and Co. begins with keeping them on the sideline. And to do that, the Ravens quarterback needs to make sure he keeps his own offense on the field. "Whatever it takes, we're going to help them out," Jackson said of the Ravens' top-ranked defense, "keep the clock running, keep the ball in our possession."The Ravens have been good at that all season.Even before Jackson took over for Joe Flacco, who remained limited in practice this week with a hip injury, the Ravens employed a ball-control style offense. Their average time of possession is nearly 32 minutes a game, third-best in the NFL Trace McSorley Baltimore Ravens Jersey , and that in turn has helped Baltimore lead the NFL in scoring defense.It has been even more pronounced after Jackson went under center, though. He has 265 yards rushing to set a quarterback record for a player's first three starts in the Super Bowl era, and the Ravens have run for at least 200 yards as a team in each game during the corresponding three-game win streak — they are the first team since the 2010 Jaguars to accomplish that feat.In last week's victory over the Falcons, who have a score-a-minute offense in their own right, the Ravens held the ball for an astounding 39 minutes, 39 seconds. They did so by piling up 25 first downs, half of those coming on the ground, and running 77 plays to just 45 for the Falcons."When you're on the field for 20 percent less than what you normally have been, you're obviously going to play better defense and play better as a team," Ravens safety Eric Weddle said."Play great defense, control the clock Youth Trace McSorley Jersey , play great on special teams, you have a shot at winning. That's been known here over the years of the way the Ravens play, and we're going to continue to do that."The Chiefs are quite nearly the diametric opposite.Only four times in their first 12 games have they possessed the ball more than their opponents, and that was with reigning NFL rushing champ Kareem Hunt in the backfield for the first 11 of them.Hunt was released last week after a series of off-the-field issues became public.In fact, both of the Chiefs' losses this season — at the Patriots and Rams — have come when they've lost the time of possession battle. It was particularly lopsided in New England, when the Chiefs had the ball for less than 24 minutes in what became a 43-40 shootout loss to Tom Brady and Co.One of the big reasons for the disparity is that Kansas City simply scores fast, averaging an NFL-leading 37 points per game. The Chiefs' quick-strike offense centers around Mahomes distributing to one of the deepest stables of skill-position talent in the league, headlined by speedsters Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins and their versatile, big-play tight end Travis Kelce.Mahomes has a league-leading 43 throws of at least 25 yards this season. Quite a few of those have been part of his NFL-best and franchise-record 41 touchdown tosses.Coach Andy Reid acknowledged that teams have tried to play ball-control offense against Kansas City, and for the most part it hasn't worked that well. The Chiefs have been able to build big enough leads in most of their games that opponents have to abandon the run altogether."I don't think it changes what you do," Reid insisted. "You have to be efficient with what you do when you have the opportunity with the ball. That is always our challenge White Brandon Williams Jersey , though. You have to take care of business when you have the opportunities."Notes: RB Charcandrick West has switched numbers after signing earlier this week. He wore No. 35 last year and was No. 30 at practice Thursday. … P Dustin Colquitt has been nominated by Kansas City for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. … TE Demetrius Harris (ill) missed Thursday's practice. Alex Collins enters this season looking to gain 1,000 yards, enhance his stature among NFL running backs and help the Ravens reach the postseason for the first time since 2014.These goals are far more ambitious than his singular objective of a year ago, which was simply to earn a place on Baltimore's 53-man roster.After being waived by Seattle early last September, Collins was signed to the Ravens practice squad. He was activated in Week 2 and thrust into the starting lineup on Oct. 1.Collins finished with 973 yards rushing 鈥?ranking ninth in the NFL with a 4.6-yard average 鈥?and caught 23 passes for 187 yards.If he can come up with a sufficient encore in 2018, then perhaps Collins will no longer feel underappreciated."I feel like I've been overlooked my entire career, throughout college and at this level," Collins said. "But I'd rather show them on the field why I'm overlooked than run my mouth talking about it."At Arkansas, Collins became only the third player in the history of the Southeastern Conference to open his career with three successive 1,000-yard seasons. Yet, he wasn't selected until the fifth round of the 2016 NFL draft.Collins rushed for 125 yards in his rookie season Marquise Brown Baltimore Ravens Jersey , not enough to convince Seattle to keep him for another season.He finally made some noise with Baltimore last year, though not quite enough to get him the acclaim many believe he deserves."I definitely think he's underrated, but it's probably due to the fact that he's only played one real year," Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said. "After this year, I'm not sure he'll still be underrated."Collins certainly isn't underappreciated by the Ravens."In my mind, he's a veteran back. He's been there before and has a lot to prove," coach John Harbaugh said. "He still has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder; I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays."Collins does not like talking about himself. He was scheduled to meet with the local media on Wednesday to preview Baltimore's opener against Buffalo, but was nowhere to be found when it was his turn to step up to the podium.Long after most of the cameramen and reporters departed, Collins finally spoke in the hallway outside the locker room.It's been a quiet summer for the 5-foot-10, 208-pound Collins, who carried only three times during the preseason in the only game he played."There's an expectation at the end of that Cheap Marquise Brown Jersey ," he said. "They took care of me in the preseason, so I feel like it's my responsibility to take care of them in the regular season. I'm going to show them that I can carry that load. I'm ready to take on that pounding."It sure beats being a member of the practice squad."I'm thankful for the position I'm in, from last year to this year," Collins said. "But at the same time, I'm trying to go above and beyond what I did last year. I have the motivation."Collins twice ran for 100 yards last season and probably would have topped 1,000 yards if he played in all 16 games instead of 15. He expects to reach four digits in yards this time around."That's something I'm trying hard to achieve. At the same time, I still have other goals that trump that," he said. "I'm going to help the team first. I'll worry about my personal goals after that."

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz