Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

05.08.2019 09:32
d to give Ruiz a chance at pursuing another rin Antworten

Coming from a family comprising four generations of weightlifters, Hidilyn Diaz always seemed destined for the sport.Yet, at her lowest point two years ago after a series of unfortunate events -- including the loss of her coach and injury -- she almost call it quits after losing her motivation.Faced with the choice of giving it all up or buckling down and continuing to pursue her dream, Diaz chose the path of greater resistance when others might have shown less resolve.In August this year, her decision proved to be the right one when she ended Philippines 20-year Olympic medal drought by winning silver in the womens 53kg division in Rio de Janeiro.There is no doubting that Diaz has displayed tremendous perseverance, desire and resilience to achieve her goals. Sometimes, however, having faith that everything will fall into place in the end can also be crucial.I surrendered everything to God, said the 25-year-old in an interview with Inquirer. I asked him to send me the Holy Spirit so I can do what needs to be done. When God gave me the chance to compete in the Rio Olympics, I thought that He gave me the chance and I needed to give it my all.Remarkably, on that fateful Aug. 7 afternoon, Diaz had been celebrating what she initially thought was a bronze medal.She was already huddled away in a corner praying and giving thanks for the achievement when she was informed by an opposition coach that she had, in fact, finished in second place.The third time clearly proved to be the charm for Diaz, given she had twice before competed at the Olympic Games.While she may have finished second to last at Beijing 2008, she had been the youngest competitor in the 58kg category at the age of 17. Four years later, she was the flag bearer for Philippines in London, although she failed to record a score in the clean and jerk.While she now can proudly call herself an Olympic medalist, Diaz has had to overcome her fair share of resistance along her journey.In order to focus on her sporting dream, she was forced to sacrifice her studies, having initially been pursuing a computer science degree.Diaz remains the main breadwinner -- she holds the rank of airwoman first class in the Philippine Air Force -- for her family despite being the fifth of six children.Having realized her own dreams, Diaz also aims to help the next generation of aspiring athletes do the same. The Zamboanga City native planned to build a gym using the cash incentive awarded by the government for her Olympic feat.Diaz hopes eventually to become a coach herself, training, guiding and inspiring future Olympians.Bringing to them a new hope. Hydro Flask 40 OZ . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Hydro Flask 18 Oz Standard Mouth . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. http://www.flaskwaterbottle.com/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Hydro Flask 12 Oz Coffee Mug . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Hydro Flask 10 Oz Wine Tumbler .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. NEW YORK -- A good ending to a long road trip kept the New York Mets talking in the present tense for at least a little while longer. The Philadelphia Phillies, meanwhile, will arrive in New York on Friday having taken another step toward their future.The Mets host the Phillies in the opener of a three-game series Friday night at Citi Field. New York (64-63) edged closer to the pack in the National League wild card race Thursday night by beating the St. Louis Cardinals, 10-5.The win gave the Mets a series win in the three-game set against the Cardinals and pulled them within 3 1/2 games of St. Louis for the second wild card. New York went 5-5 on a 10-game road trip but ended the three-city trek with four wins in five games against the San Francisco Giants, who are currently the first wild card, and the Cardinals.The Mets two wins against the Cardinals came in games in which starter Jonathon Niese lasted just one out before exiting due to a knee injury and in which rookie Seth Lugo threw five shutout innings in place of left-hander Steven Matz, who is on the disabled list with a shoulder injury.I dont care who were playing. weve got to put some wins on the board, Mets manager Terry Collins said. Weve got to get some streaks going, get back in the hunt here. Hopefully we get our pitching straightened away here in the next couple days where, going into that last month of the season, well know who is going to be out there.The Mets will send their one sure thing -- 43-year-old Bartolo Colon -- to the mound in Fridays series opener. Colon, the oldest player in baseball, will be making his team-high 266th start and will be looking for his 12th win, which would break a tie for the team lead with Noah Syndergaard.dddddddddddd If he lasts at least 3 2/3 innings Friday, Colon will also surge past Syndergaard for the Mets lead in innings pitched.While the ageless Colon pitches for the Mets, the Phillies youth movement will be on full display with their battery. Adam Morgan, a 26-year-old left-hander, will make his 15th start of the season and the 30th of his career for Philadelphia (59-68), which is headed for its fifth straight non-winning season.Morgan may be throwing to rookie catcher Jorge Alfaro, who is expected to be promoted following Thursdays trade that sent 37-year-old catcher Carlos Ruiz to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for fellow aging backstop A.J. Ellis, minor league pitcher Tommy Bergjans and a player to be named later.With Ruiz gone, the only member of the Phillies 2008 World Series-winning squad still wearing a Philadelphia uniform is first baseman Ryan Howard, who is sure to depart following the season. While general manager Matt Klentak said the organization was glad to give Ruiz a chance at pursuing another ring, he acknowledged the trade will leave a big hole to fill for a rebuilding club.Carlos has been such an important leader for so long, we knew we had to fill a role on and off the field, Klentak told CSNPhilly.com. There is a reasonably good chance one of our young catching prospects will be in the big leagues before the season is over. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz