Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 107 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

04.09.2018 01:07
swing. Making those adjustments took time, however, and it was not a seamless transition.Id say around the West Coast trip I st Antworten

DETROIT -- What you see when Miami Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton steps to the plate is a hulking 6-foot-6 and 245-pound star, blessed with the combination of power, speed and athleticism that makes scouts eyes water. His natural attributes are only fortified by the insatiable work ethic that has allowed the 26-year-old slugger to emerge as one of the top young talents in the game -- and to cash in on a historic 13-year, $325 million payday in 2014.But for all of Stantons preternatural gifts and talent, he is not impervious to struggles, and never was that more apparent than during a protracted stretch in the first few months of this season. From May 1 through June 7 -- a span of 27 games, Stanton was hitting .149 (14-for-94), the worst mark among qualified hitters in the majors during that period, according to ESPN Stats & Information.During this time he leaned on someone within his own dugout for advice -- Barry Bonds. Who better to ask than the all-time home run leader, in his inaugural stint as the Marlins hitting coach?Hes like a technician; hell get as technical as you can understand or as simple as you need, Stanton told ESPN.com, laughing when asked which he preferred. Id say we grew together with that. Now, I want every last bit of knowledge -- which he knows some may not understand -- but I wanna be as far into it as I can.Bonds also chuckles when asked about his tacticians approach, and how that is received within a clubhouse that has myriad different learning styles and personalities.I just look at it this way: You either look at it right, or you like it wrong, Bonds said. Thats their choice. Thats the bottom line.That choice was an easy one for Stanton, and one for which he is already reaping rewards.Stanton offered up an Exhibit A in the case that he has put a prolonged slump behind him: the 86-mph slider he sent 441 feet on a rope to center field in the second inning of last Tuesdays loss to the Detroit Tigers. The line drive left his bat with a 17-degree launch angle at a blistering 115 mph.According to ESPN Stats & Info, thats almost 10 degrees lower and five miles per hour faster than the average home run of 440 feet or more hit by major league players this season (26.1 degrees; 110 mph).Tigers catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia just shook his head when recalling the hit the next morning. Thats the sort of feat he witnessed every day while teammates with Stanton in Miami.That wasnt even one of his most impressive, Saltalamacchia told ESPN.com. Hes so strong and so big. I wish I had that. Id never have to pull the ball. Id just have to be making contact and Id be hitting home runs.Stanton is now showing tangible signs of escaping the abyss, and the Tigers learned the hard way that his bat is heating up. Since June 8, Stanton is batting .261 with 3 HRs and 14 RBIs.Its nice to see him getting going again, Marlins manager Don Mattingly, one of the most prolific hitters of his own generation, said following Tuesdays game. Obviously, hes been swinging better for a while now and it seems like the way he was swinging earlier in the year is kind of behind us.Stanton is thrilled about that after having to answer for his struggles for months while he was himself trying to figure out exactly what was wrong. People tend to forget that even the biggest bats in the league can go dormant. Its not always simple to figure out. But, by the second week of June, Stanton started to gain some clarity about his swing. Making those adjustments took time, however, and it was not a seamless transition.Id say around the West Coast trip I started to get a grasp of everything going wrong, Stanton said. Then I had to refine it because the muscle memory, even if its negative, its gonna stick with you. Thats what you practice, thats what you master, even though you know it may not be the right way of doing it. You have to retrain it and still be out there playing every night, too. Thats the biggest juggle.Stanton isnt the only one trying to maintain a juggling act; Bonds is doing the same as he learns to handle his new responsibilities as a coach after playing more than two decades in the majors. Hes having fun, though, and enjoys the daily grind of being back in the game. And what he enjoys most is working with young players like Stanton.Hes in that position where he has the potential to be best home run hitter -- his natural power, his natural ability ... thats what I like, Bonds said. He can be the [Miguel] Cabrera of the young age to now. I like that. Bryce Harper and all those guys. Thats whats fun to see. Thats what I like to see in those younger guys. You see yourself in those guys. You think, looking back, like, wow, I remember those days. Hes learning and look at that talent. Hes fast, he can swing the bat good, hes got pop, theres so many good things that you can see, which is nice, because thats what I like to reminisce about.Stanton said he and Bonds would get entrenched in long conversations during that slump -- more technical than philosophical -- and just space out to everyone and everything else in the clubhouse while the two tried to make things right.It was a lot mechanical. Its not in his head, Bonds said, brushing off the suggestion. Hes got a lot of confidence. Hes a confident person. It was a lot of mechanical and hes making those adjustments.Because of Stantons star status, his history of production and the heft behind his contract, his early-season struggles were scrutinized from just about every angle.His batting average against both right-handed (.223) and left-handed (.245) pitching has dropped significantly from his career averages (.261 vs. RHP; .286 vs. LHP).Some theorized that he has a blind spot that causes him to lose the ball as it approaches the plate. Others felt there may be a psychological component to his dropoff, stemming from his harrowing injury, when he suffered multiple facial fractures, dental damage and a facial laceration after getting hit by a pitch in the face by Milwaukees Mike Fiers in September 2014.Stanton denied the injury got in his head (I have a lot of years left in the league; if Im going to be worried about that, for a year, or even a month, its not going to go well, he said) but admitted that he felt pitchers were initially trying to attack him differently when he returned in 2015, potentially trying to exploit any fear he may have harbored of getting beaned again.I noticed they tried to go up and in when I came back from the face, Stanton said. In the first bit of this [recent] bad stretch, guys came up and in and just because of how bad I was playing, they started doing that more thinking that thats why [opponents] were having success.But, as he explained, his hand injury in June 2015 -- a hamate bone fracture in his left hand -- was much tougher to come back from. Doctors told him that it was some of the worst bleeding and swelling they had ever seen. His finger tendons were messed up. It took a long time to regain his grip. What began in June as a four-week injury eventually lingered until December.I was in the five percent that go wrong, in that sense, Stanton said.Stanton wont deny that the unfortunate slew of injuries have had an impact on him the past few seasons, but he also wont chalk up his recent slump to that, either. Now that is in that past, hes not too interested in dwelling on it.What he will say is that the tough spell endured this year gave him a new appreciation for his hitting coach and helped forge a strong relationship. Stanton isnt exactly the type to get star-struck, but he knows the novelty is real. Friends and family members ask what Bonds is like. Sometimes they arent expecting the answer he gives them.What surprises people?Id say how much he cares, Stanton said. He has the image, or whatever you want to call it, of being nonchalant or however you, whatever people want to put it [as], but he cares a lot. Once he gets to know you to help you, he wants you to do the best.Bonds bristles at the notion that the best athletes in any sport often fail at coaching because they have such a different grasp on the game. He thinks that is unbelievably false. He feels he has plenty of insight to provide.He doesnt expect Stanton to be Barry Bonds 2.0. Hell be happy if he helps to make him better.I dont expect any player to be me, he said. I expect them to be who they are. And the best they can be. And if that happens to be better than me ... God bless them. Thats what you do as a coach. You want them to be the best they can be. And if that happens to be better than me, great. Im fine with that. Air Max 90 Sale Outlet .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Nike Air Max 90 Cheap Sale . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. http://www.nikeairmax90outlet.com/ . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Cheap Air Max 90 Outlet . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. Air Max 90 Cheap Online . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Quarterback Johnny Manziel has been suspended four games, the NFL announced Thursday.The NFL did not specify the reason for the suspension, but a source confirmed to ESPN that it was for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy.TMZ Sports first reported news on Manziels suspension.Manziel, 23, is a free agent after being released by the Cleveland Browns earlier this year. His four-game suspension becomes effective immediately. If he signs with a team, Manziel would be suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season and conceivably could play in Week 5.The NFL stated that Manziel was eligible to sign and participate in all preseason activities, including games.Manziel could face additional discipline under the personal conduct policy for other transgressions, including being charged with assaulting his girlfriend, sources told ESPN.Manziel is sincere with his plans to get sober?this summer,?a source close to the quarterback said Wednesday.I do believe hes serious, the source told ESPN. Hes talked for a while about knuckling down, getting ready and working out. Its more about health and having options and feeling good. If that works out for this season, great. But if not, thatts OK too.ddddddddddddWhen asked whether that turn to sobriety would require treatment, the source wasnt sure.Though the source said Manziel seems to be partying too much, he sounds mostly OK when the two talk.Last week, Manziels father, Paul, raised the level of concern for his son by telling ESPNs Josina Anderson that Manziel is a druggie and that a stint in jail might save his life.Paul Manziel added that he checked his son into a rehab clinic earlier this year, but Manziel escaped.Manziel faces misdemeanor assault charges for allegedly rupturing the eardrum of former girlfriend Colleen Crowley during a January dispute in Texas.Manziel is pleading not guilty. On Monday, attorney Bob Hinton withdrew his name from Manziels case after accidentally texting The Associated Press about his client, expressing concern Manziel would have difficulty passing a drug test. Jim Darnell remains Manziels lead attorney.Manziel also faces a lawsuit for his part in the trashing of a Los Angeles rental home.ESPNs Adam Caplan and Jeremy Fowler contributed to this report. China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz