Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

07.09.2019 08:38
t preseason games are, was almost an afterthought to the fans finally being able to congregate at the Coliseum to celebrate the Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- I went to a Los Angeles Rams game with my dad.I never thought Id get a chance to type the above sentence.Its not something I lost sleep over or thought much about. You dont really miss what you dont have. It was simply the reality of life as a Los Angeles resident after the Rams left the second-largest market, which has been without an NFL team for the past 21 years.Im 36 years old. I wasnt alive the last time the Los Angeles Rams played a home game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. They moved from L.A. to Anaheim after the 1979 season and stayed in Orange County until moving to St. Louis in 1995.The Raiders set up shop at the Coliseum from 1982 to 1994, but it wasnt the most family-friendly environment during their time here. In fact, the league didnt host a night game at the Coliseum during the Raiders last 10 seasons in Los Angeles, forcing the Raiders to play 19 straight Monday Night Football games on the road.So I watched football games every Sunday at home with my dad. I loved it and I never thought much about not having a hometown NFL team. When Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke walked into my fourth-period U.S. History class at Notre Dame High School to ask us what L.A. kids thought about not having an NFL team for a column, he was writing about the leagues lost generation of fans. I was almost flippant in my response, Its really great being able to watch good games on Sunday, instead of always having to watch the Rams or Raiders, I said.My classmate Rachel Bilson, who went on to have a successful acting career, talked about going to Rams games every Sunday with her family. It was fun waiting for each Sunday to come, she said.As much as I enjoyed watching games with my dad on our couch, there was a part of me that was jealous of what Rachel experienced with her family and what other cities got to enjoy on Sundays with their NFL teams. Whenever the cameras would pan to the tailgating in the parking lot or the fans cheering in the crowd, I would tell my dad how much fun that would be and he would usually pat me on the back and say, We have the best seat in the house right here.On Saturday, 22 years after the Rams and Raiders left town, I finally went to an NFL game with my dad, trading our spots on the couch for two seats on the 50-yard line.OK, maybe these seats are little bit better, my dad said before the game.It was surreal seeing the NFL logo painted on the center of the Coliseum field and Los Angeles painted in the end zone. The Coliseum was where Los Angeles NFL dreams had come to die for the past 20 years as city politicians continually proposed a refurbished Coliseum to league officials who viewed the 93-year-old facility in any fashion as a non-starter. If Los Angeles seemed apathetic about the NFL before Saturday, its because over the past two decades, weve seen enough artist renderings of proposed NFL stadiums to fill up the LACMA and the Getty combined. You could have a wing on all the different incarnations of a refurbished Coliseum alone.But all of the changed Saturday, when an NFL game was played in Los Angeles for the first time since Dec. 24, 1994. On that day, the Washington Redskins beat the Los Angeles Rams and the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Los Angeles Raiders. I remember watching the highlights of those games on Christmas Eve while wearing a Santa Claus hat and giving my dad my Christmas wish list that consisted of mostly Sega Genesis titles. I never thought it would be close to 22 years until I attended an NFL game in Los Angeles with my dad. I guess having an NFL team was just something I took for granted at the time. Or maybe I was just a 14-year-old kid more interested in video games. Who knows?All I know is Los Angeles has completely and fully embraced the Rams and the NFL. I had my doubts. Were a town that doesnt do makeups or sequels well. In fact, we usually botch both royally and consistently. But Los Angeles Rams fans packed every inch of the parking lots outside of the Coliseum on Saturday and tailgated, along with Dallas Cowboys fans, for five hours before Saturdays kickoff. Fans young and old wore jerseys that ranged from Vince Ferragamo, Eric Dickerson and Jack Youngblood to Jared Goff, Todd Gurley and Aaron Donald.The game, as most preseason games are, was almost an afterthought to the fans finally being able to congregate at the Coliseum to celebrate the return of the Rams and the return of the NFL to Los Angeles.Even after Cowboys receiver Lucky Whitehead returned the first NFL kickoff in Los Angeles in 7,903 days for a 101-yard touchdown, most Rams fans were still smiling at the sight of their team back in their city.Not even a 24-7 halftime deficit was going to dampen their mood. Many of the nearly 90,000 fans who had packed the Coliseum had left by the time Rams quarterback Sean Mannion hit Aaron Green for a 9-yard touchdown to give the Rams a 28-24 comeback win. The Rams may be back, but this is still Los Angeles.My dad, who usually likes to beat the traffic like most clichéd L.A. sports fans, stayed until the end and smiled when it was over. It had been a long wait to experience our first NFL in game in Los Angeles together, but it was well worth it.This was fun, he said. We should do this more often. Noah Fant Womens Jersey . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Steve Atwater Jersey . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-Von-Miller-Broncos-Jerseys/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Noah Fant Youth Jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Joe Flacco Jersey Roush Fenway Racing will cut from three to two Cup teams in 2017 and loan driver Chris Buescher to JTG Daugherty Racing, which will expand to a two-car operation next season.The move allows Roush Fenway to keep Buescher under contract while trying to revitalize its performance for an organization whose proud history includes putting five drivers into the Chase in 2005, two Cup championships and 135 Cup victories. Winless the past two seasons, Roush Fenway put no drivers in the top 20 in the 2016 standings -- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished 21st in points, while Trevor Bayne was 22nd and the recently released Greg Biffle was 23rd.Stenhouse and Bayne remain as Roush Fenways full-time Cup drivers. The teams charter (NASCARs version of a franchise) for what was Biffles No. 16 car will be leased to JTG Daugherty Racing for Buescher in 2017. Stenhouse will have a new crew chief in 2017, as former Biffle crew chief Brian Pattie will replace Nick Sandler, who will head the Roush Fenway engineering department.We have been able to shore up our plans for 2017 and we feel that this will continue to move us in a direction that will yield improved performance and results, Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush said in a statement.We saw improvement in our cars and made substantial gains in our performance at times last season, and we will continue to build on that by maintaining a robbust engineering group in order to take the next step by consistently running up front.ddddddddddddBuescher, the 2015 Xfinity Series champion who drove for Roush Fenway Racing affiliate Front Row Motorsports as a rookie in 2016, finished 16th in the standings thanks to making the Chase with a win in the rain-shortened August race at Pocono. He was 29th in the points in the regular season but earned a spot in the Chase with that win. The 24-year-old Buescher now joins AJ Allmendinger, who was 19th in the standings last year, as part of a two-car Chevrolet stable at JTG Daugherty. The team did not announce a car number, crew chief or sponsor for Buescher.Im thankful for the opportunity and look forward to competing for a spot in the Chase, Buescher said.JTG Daugherty racing is co-owned by Tad and Jodi Geschickter and ESPN basketball analyst Brad Daugherty.Roush Fenway also announced an organizational restructuring. General manager Robbie Reiser will be reassigned within the organization. Kevin Kidd, who joined the organization a year ago and has assumed much of that role over the past 12 months as the Cup team manager, has been named competition director. Tommy Wheeler, who has overseen vehicle production, was named operations manager. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz