Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

02.01.2020 14:04
s proven to be both an inspiratio Antworten

NEW YORK -- Since losing four straight home games to the Boston Red Sox, the Baltimore Orioles have recovered nicely.The recovery has gone so well that not only are the Orioles solidifying their standing as wild card team, they might get a chance to host the play-in game next week.More performances like Fridays 8-1 victory at rainy Yankee Stadium would help and by the end of Saturday, the Orioles could know if they are hosting the wild card game.Step one is to beat the Yankee on Saturday afternoon and step two is for the Toronto Blue Jays to lose to the Boston Red Sox Saturday night at Fenway Park.The Orioles are in the favorable position because they have won six of their last seven games since Sept. 22. They swept Arizona at home last weekend, took two of three in Toronto and opened the series in New York by getting home runs from Jonathan Schoop, Adam Jones and Mark Trumbo.Those home runs moved the Orioles (88-72) a game ahead of the Blue Jays. Toronto only leads the Tigers by one half-game for the second wild card spot and Baltimore should clinch Saturday, it might not even find out its opponent until Monday.Not much at all until I had no choice because it was right behind the pitchers head every time I looked out there, Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said in his best attempt to deny watching scoreboards. I caught a couple of glimpses, but I dont watch it that much. I really dont. I watch our scoreboard a lot.Since the finale of their series with the Red Sox, the Orioles have hit 12 of their major league-leading 250 home runs and scored 27 runs.Perhaps more importantly is Baltimores pitchers, which has been regarded as a significant weakness, has turned in a 1.38 ERA in those games.On Friday Yovani Gallardo followed 6 2/3 strong innings by Ubaldo Jimenez in Toronto when allowed one run and two hits in six innings On Saturday it will be Wade Mileys turn to keep it rolling.Miley missed the series in Toronto to be with his wife, who gave birth to the couples first child. He returned Friday and the Orioles will look to see if he can follow up his best start of the season.A week ago, Miley struck out 11 hitters in 8 2/3 innings against Arizona at Camden Yards.Command of the fastball and setting up the off-speed pitches (was big), Miley said. (Catcher Matt Wieters) did a great job. I mightve shook one time all night long. We just kind of had a plan, and he put down the right fingers.Miley is 0-3 with a 5.77 ERA in six career starts against the Yankees. He had a chance for a win at New York April 10, 2015 when he held a 3-0 lead but Bostons bullpen blew the lead before winning a 19-inning decision.New York will be playing its second game after being eliminated from playoff contention Thursday night. While the Yankees have won four of five, they also have dropped 12 of 19 since a seven-game winning streak Sept. 4-10.Its no fun being in this position, New York manager Joe Girardi said. It isnt. You dont work to be in this position. You work to be in the other.The Yankees also will be hoping rookie Gary Sanchez can conclude the season with a .300 average. Sanchez is batting .298 and has one hit in his last 26 at-bats, marking the first time his average is under .300 since Aug. 9.Masahiro Tanaka likely would have started had the Yankees remained in contention. Tanaka missed his last start with a forearm strain but once the Yankees were eliminated they decided not to pitch him.Hes healthy, Girardi said. He threw a really good bullpen the other day. It just doesnt make sense for us.Instead, Luis Severino will start and try to get his first win a starting pitcher this season. Severino is 3-8 with a 5.75 ERA but as a starting pitcher he is 0-8 with an 8.59 ERA in 10 starts. Ken Hodge Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. John Moore Jersey . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. https://www.cheapbruins.com/832m-terry-oreilly-jersey-bruins.html . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. Phil Kessel Jersey . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Milt Schmidt Jersey . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa linebacker Josey Jewells pre-game routine includes a music playlist he dubbed Kinnick in honor of the Hawkeyes home stadium.Jewell lined the songs up so that oldies from bands like Boston and REO Speedwagon play first, helping him keep his burgeoning intensity in check. As the team bus gets closer to the stadium, Jewell pumps music from heavier bands into his ears, fueling a fury he eventually unleashes on opponents like few players in the country.When I get on a football field, I just kind of turn a switch, Jewell said.Having the foresight to plan details down to the song is just one of reasons why Jewell, affectionately nicknamed The Outlaw by fans, is the latest overlooked Iowa recruit to develop into a star. Jewell and his Big Ten-leading 105 tackles were rewarded Monday, when he was just one of five players nominated for the Butkus Award, given to the nations top linebacker.Jewell and the Hawkeyes (7-4, 5-3 Big Ten) close out the regular season Friday against No. 17 Nebraska (9-2, 6-2).Oh man. I mean, If you could just see how he operates every single day. Ive never seen anything like it, defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson said. Its unbelievable ... he just does everything at a high level.But like Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders and current Green Bay Packers star Mike Daniels and many others before him, Jewell arrived in Iowa City as a project. It took prodding from assistant coach Reese Morgan -- who had an extensive background coaching in high school -- to convince coach Kirk Ferentz that Jewell was even worth a scholarship.I thought with Josey at least wed get a guy who was a winner. Everything he did, he won. Certainly a leader. Certainly a tough-minded guy, Ferentz said.Jewell arrived at Iowa as a 190-pound multi-sport athlete frrom Decorah, Iowa whose recruiting offers came mainly from local FCS schools.dddddddddddd. He redshirted in 2013, focusing on getting his body ready for the rigors of the Big Ten.Jewell spent most of his first year in Iowa under the tutelage of longtime Hawkeyes strength coach Chris Doyle.Hes a great motivator. He gets you going with everything. If youre not going hard enough on something, hell make sure youre going hard, Jewell said of Doyle.Jewell made such an impression that he cracked the starting lineup late in 2014. The first true sign that Jewell might be special came in an ugly bowl loss to Tennessee, when he made 14 tackles in a game the Hawkeyes knew was over before halftime.In addition to putting on over 40 pounds since high school, Jewell became dedicated to film study. The results truly began to show last season, when Jewell made a team-leading 126 tackles and was named second-team All-Big Ten.Im not the strongest, fastest or biggest guy out there, so I just try to take advantage of the small things, whether it be watching more film or giving more in practice. Anything possible advantage I can take, Jewell said.Jewells emotions can still get the best of him, as he got ejected for targeting in the season opener and nearly got tossed from another game. But Jewell has proven to be both an inspiration for an improved defense and the spark that raises the intensity level for Iowas entire team.Hes go

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz