Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

24.10.2018 01:55
ny time he was in a fastball count, hed go to his breaking ball or his changeup to keep us off stride," Red Sox manager John Far Antworten

NEW YORK -- CC Sabathias fastball was hitting 94 mph. Mark Teixeira walked and scored the first run. Kevin Youkilis singled in another. The Yankees started to look a little more like the Yankees. Sabathia (5-4) matched his season high with 10 strikeouts following two months of a puzzling drop in velocity, and New York got two key bats back Friday night in a 4-1 win over the Boston Red Sox that stopped a season-high, five-game losing streak. "Any time you get two guys like that back to your team, its going to add something to our lineup," said Sabathia, who ended a five-start winless streak, one short of his career high. Out since injuring his right wrist March 5, Teixeira worked out a seven-pitch walk in the second inning in his first plate appearance of the season and scored on Jayson Nixs single. "Its going to take a few days, but youre knocking some rust off," Teixeira said after an 0-for-3 night. "Great first at-bat, just getting to run around the bases and score a run. That really just kind of breaks you in a little bit. You want to feel like youre helping the team out as soon as you get out there." Sidelined by a back injury since April 27, Youkilis was 1 for 4 as the designated hitter with a fifth-inning single that boosted the lead to 3-0. "Felt great. Just glad to get a win," he said. While New York still is missing shortstop Derek Jeter, regular third baseman Alex Rodriguez, left fielder Curtis Granderson and catcher Francisco Cervelli, the batting order had a different feel. The Yankees had gone three straight games without a walk for the first time in 1991. Brett Gardner walked leading off the first against Jon Lester (6-2), who issued four free passes in all. "These guys grind out at-bats," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "I think their impact is big, and we need to keep them healthy." After getting swept by the Mets over four games, Girardi was fired up and got ejected in the fifth inning for arguing a forceout call against New York by second base umpire Vic Carapazza. Replays showed Carapazza made the correct call. Sabathia allowed six hits and no walks in 7 1-3 innings. Coming back from off-season elbow surgery, he entered with an average fastball velocity of 90.2 mph this season, according to fangraphs.com. That was down from 92.4 mph last year and 93.9 mph in 2011. "I havent seen any 94s until tonight, and there were a lot of 92s to 94s, where weve seen a lot of 89s to 91s," Girardi said. Sabathia used to focus on velocity but says he doesnt any more. "When I was younger, I did, I thought that was the way I was getting guys out," he said. "But as I got older I know its more location than it is velocity." On an 86-degree night, he mixed in a slider and changeup he threw with authority and precision, helping the Yankees close within a game of first-place Boston in the AL East. "I understand why people have some cause for concern, but hes a guy that a lot of times when it warms up he gets on a roll," Girardi said. "And today was really the first hot night that hes pitched in, and it was the best stuff weve seen from him." Given a 2-0 lead in the second on RBI singles from Nix and Ichiro Suzuki, Sabathia improved to 9-2 with a 2.63 ERA in 13 starts following Yankees losses since the start of the 2012 season. He threw 73 of 109 pitches for strikes and allowed his only run on Mike Napolis RBI double in the seventh. Sabathia reached double digits strikeouts for the 17th time with the Yankees and 36th overall. He got three called strikeouts from plate umpire Lance Barksdale, who appeared to have a generous strike zone, and was backed by two double plays. There were 10 caught lookings in all, and players from both teams argued with the ump. "Any time he was in a fastball count, hed go to his breaking ball or his changeup to keep us off stride," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. Lester, who won at Yankees Stadium on opening day, lost his second straight decision. Struggling with his control -- he had 48 pitches through two innings -- he gave up four runs, six hits and a hit batter in 6 1-3 innings. He left with two on, and Gardner greeted Andrew Miller with an RBI single. David Robertson followed Sabathia, and Mariano Rivera rebounded from Tuesdays blown save at the Mets to pitch a two-hit ninth for his 19th save in 20 chances. He entered to a standing ovation. With the losing streak over, the Yankees seemed to exhale and relax. "I think it was an important game after the little stretch that weve been in," Girardi said. NOTES: The Yankees May 19 rainout against Toronto will be made up as part of a day-night doubleheader on Aug. 20. ... New York optioned RHP Ivan Nova and LHP Vidal Nuno to Triple-A Scranton-Wilkes-Barre. Girardi said a position player likely would be moved off the active roster when LHP Andy Pettitte is activated Monday to start against Cleveland. Cheap Football Packers Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. Trevor Davis Jersey . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. http://www.cheappackersjerseyssale.com/?tag=jamaal-williams-jersey-sale . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Mason Crosby Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. Blake Martinez Jersey . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams had plenty of reasons to be disappointed while his team fell behind by 15 points at Michigan.There was also a lot time left.I didnt think we were playing hard, I didnt think we were playing tough. I understand the environment, I understand weve been gone nine days, I get all of that, Williams said. I thought over the last 30 minutes, there was more of a distinct brand of what we want to be about.Zach LeDay scored 15 of his 18 points in the second half, and the Hokies rallied to beat Michigan 73-70 on Wednesday night. Virginia Tech trailed 23-8 in the first half and 62-52 with 7:23 left in the second.Playing their fourth straight game away from home, the Hokies (6-1) were down 67-63 before a 3-pointer by Justin Bibbs started an 8-0 run. Seth Allen gave Virginia Tech the lead with a driving layup , then added a 3-pointer.Duncan Robinsons 3-pointer with 42 seconds left pulled Michigan (5-2) to within a point, and an offensive foul on Allen gave the Wolverines the ball back. But Michigan was out of timeouts, and Zak Irvin ended up trying a tough jumper from just inside the arc that missed.We were trying to isolate him, and they took him away a little bit, Wolverines coach John Beilein said. We know what to do when they take him away, and we didnt do it.After Bibbs made two free throws with 3.9 seconds left, Robinson had a chance to tie it, but his 3-pointer from the left wing missed.Michigan was in total control at the start, jumping out to a 17-4 lead and eventually going up by 15 on a 3-pointer by Derrick Walton. Virginia Tech was down 39-30 at halftime but opened the second half with a 9-2 run.I just came out in the second half and I wanted to be aggressive, LeDay said. In the first half, I was trying to feel it out, and Coach told me not to be like that, he told me to just be aggresssive, go full throttle, and thats what I did.ddddddddddddIrvin led Michigan with 23 points.BIG PICTUREVirginia Tech: The Hokies did their part in the ACC-Big Ten challenge, coming away with an upset win on the road. Virginia Tech had little trouble scoring after its slow start. Four players ended up in double figures.Michigan: The Wolverines have looked better on defense this season, but the second half of this game was a bit of a wake-up call. Virginia Tech shot 52 percent from the field on the night.FREE THROWSVirginia Tech took advantage of its foul shots, going 19 of 21 from the line. Michigan was only 4 of 7 and didnt attempt any until the second half. Forward D.J. Wilson fouled out for the Wolverines with 3:03 remaining.They played small ball, Irvin said. They were really just isolating our five. Figured if D.J. could go in there, hes versatile, he can play multiple positions, and once he fouled out, it was tough from there on.HANGING IN THEREThere was only one lead change in the game -- after Allens basket put the Hokies up 68-67 with 1:46 to play.Thank goodness in the time Ive been coaching you havent seen too many games like that, Beilein said. Where we lead the whole game and we cant make enough stops or finishes at the end offensively to win the game.UP NEXTVirginia Tech: The Hokies dont play again until next Wednesday night, when they host Maryland-Eastern Shore.Michigan: The Wolverines host Kennesaw State on Saturday, taking a break from major-conference competition during a four-game stretch that includes matchups with Virginia Tech, Texas and UCLA.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz