Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

29.01.2020 03:55
Paris marked the third consecutive major tournament that Williams left without the trophy, which to any other tennis player wou Antworten

LONDON -- To hear Serena Williams and her coach tell it, the process of getting her ready to win Wimbledon for a record-tying 22nd Grand Slam title began with a series of chats over the phone not long after her loss in the French Open final.That setback in Paris marked the third consecutive major tournament that Williams left without the trophy, which to any other tennis player would not be a big deal but to the 34-year-old American represented a real drought.So she and Patrick Mouratoglou touched base repeatedly to hash it all out.I was just talking through things, and how I was disappointed that I lost the French, and what I needed to do, to do better at Wimbledon. We were strategizing a lot, Williams told a small group of reporters in her last of many interviews Saturday night, about 7 hours after beating Angelique Kerber 7-5, 6-3 for the championship at the All England Club.It wasnt one conversation, Williams said. We talked for at least five -- so many times. Almost every day. Just to try to feel what I needed to do and what was going to be done.At some point during that period, Williams sent a text message to Mouratoglou that he found full of meaning.He said he recognized that I was different and I was back to who I am, usually, Williams said. And I was like, `What does that mean? He just said that he felt I was different when I sent that text. He was very encouraged by it, and we were able to build on it.Recalled Mouratoglou on Saturday: I felt like the Serena I know was back. ... Back to thinking the way she thinks.That was important, he knew, because it wasnt as if she had forgotten how to play, of course, or allowed her skills to erode, even if she already was the oldest woman to be ranked No. 1 and the oldest to win a major title.He realized he hadnt quite seen the same person ever since Williams bid for a calendar-year Grand Slam in 2015 ended with a loss to Roberta Vinci in the U.S. Open semifinals, one of the biggest surprises in tennis history.After that came defeats for Williams in two Grand Slam finals, against Kerber at the Australian Open, then against Garbine Muguruza at Roland Garros.Thinking back to what happened in New York, Mouratoglou said: Either she or I -- we both -- didnt know she was that hurt. I think it took a lot of time. She was not herself.During the past two weeks at Wimbledon, Williams certainly did appear to be back to possessing the confident, all-powerful presence the world is accustomed to seeing and hearing -- on and off the court.One day, I woke up and I just felt different, Williams said, referring to those days after the French Open. I felt like: I can do better. I can do this. Not only can I do this, Im going to do this, and theres nothing in this world thats going to stop me.That was evident in her play, to be sure, particularly in that spectacular serve, which produced 13 aces at up to a tournament-leading 124 mph against Kerber.And it was evident in her words, most succinctly when a reporter asked after the semifinals what Williams makes of it when others refer to her as one of historys greatest female athletes.She replied: I prefer the word, one of the greatest `athletes of all time.Well put.---AP Sports Writer Stephen Wilson contributed to this report.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Darron Lee Super Bowl Jersey .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Anthony Sherman Super Bowl Jersey . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-Harrison-Butker-Chiefs-Jersey/ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Khalen Saunders Super Bowl Jersey .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Daniel Sorensen Super Bowl Jersey . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend.HAMILTON, Ont. -- Brandon Isaac wasnt unemployed long. The veteran linebacker signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Wednesday, a day after being released by the Toronto Argonauts. The signing of Isaac also comes a day after Hamilton released veteran linebacker Markeith Knowlton, the CFLs outstanding defensive player in 2010. Hamiltton also signed defensive back Emanuel Davis while releasing receiver Ouslet Volcy.dddddddddddd Isaac had 16 tackles and one sack this season with Toronto after helping the Argos win the 100th Grey Cup last November. Davis attended Hamiltons training camp after previously spending time with the NFLs Cleveland Browns. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz