Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

01.11.2018 00:28
Beast has withdrawn a story that prompted ire of many readers, complaining that it could have outed gay athletes at the Rio Game Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The Daily Beast has withdrawn a story that prompted ire of many readers, complaining that it could have outed gay athletes at the Rio Games.The storys removal from the site Thursday night came hours after the editor-in-chief for the publication apologized for the article, which was first revised before being taken down completely.Today we did not uphold a deep set of The Daily Beasts values, read a statement on the site. These values -- which include standing up to bullies and bigots, and specifically being a proudly, steadfastly supportive voice for LGBT people all over the world -- are core to our commitment to journalism and to our commitment to serving our readers.The story talked about how athletes use dating apps such as Bumble, Grindr, Jackd, and Tinder to connect with people at the games. A reporter for the site said in the story that he got three dates in his first hour of trying and also detailed what some men wrote on their profiles on Grindr, a popular gay dating app.Readers and social media users quickly voiced concern that the details in the original version of the story could not only out gay athletes, but also potentially threaten their safety.Those concerns, Daily Beast editor-in-chief John Avlon wrote in issuing the first apology, were legitimate.This was never our reporters intention, of course, Avlon wrote. No names were ever used and some of the profiles described were of straight women. But there was a concern that even mentioning the home nation of some gay athletes could compromise their safety. We apologize for potentially jeopardizing that safety in any way. As a result, we have removed all descriptions of the men and womens profiles that we previously described.The Society of Professional Journalists was quick to criticize the story as well.The athletes adversely affected by the story also deserve an apology, wrote Andrew Seaman, who chairs SPJs ethics committee. Such a story has no place in a modern media organization.Avlon said some editorial changes were made to the original article in response to readers concerns. The backlash continued, and the site then went a step further.The article was not intended to do harm or degrade members of the LGBT community, but intent doesnt matter, impact does, the sites statement on the storys withdrawal said. Our hope is that removing an article that is in conflict with both our values and what we aspire to as journalists will demonstrate how seriously we take our error. We screwed up. We will do better. Jake Gardiner Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Joffrey Lupul Jersey .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. http://www.leafsauthority.com/authentic-mitchell-marner-maple-leafs-jersey/ . LOUIS -- St. Josh Leivo Jersey . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Darryl Sittler Jersey . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said.In his first column for Sky Sports, Englands Jonny Bairstow talks Headingley, Sri Lanka, batting with Joe Root and his 1990s hero… Hi Jonny. How excited are you to be gearing up for just your second Test match at Headingley?Coming back home is obviously very special as Headingley has a big place in my heart, as it does for every Yorkshireman. The fact there has been a little lay-off - my only other Test at the ground came three years ago against New Zealand - makes it even more exciting, so hopefully the weather holds!I scored 64 in that game versus New Zealand, while Joe Root and Alastair Cook got hundreds as we won by 247 runs, but what I remember most is how electric the crowd was and Im expecting something similar this week.Ive hit the ground running this season, particularly at Headingley, scoring 246 against Hampshire and 198 against Surrey, but the Test pitch will be different to the county ones.Everyone wants to be there at the Test for high-scoring days but also some entertainment with the ball, so Im sure we will get both.How was your winter and what did you make of Englands World T20 campaign?I had a bit of time off and away from cricket to recharge my batteries, which is really important, but watching the England lads in the World T20 was fantastic.I dont think most people expected us to go that far but to reach the final playing the way we did was an exceptional effort. England reached the final of the World T20 in India Its got me itching to get that England jersey back on - not that you need any extra motivation to get up for the first Test of the summer on your home ground!I was pleased with the way I contributed in the series win over South Africa, in which I scored my maiden Test hundred, even though I still have things to work on and develop. It was a great way to finish the year and I am looking to keep on progressing.If you beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan, you will achieve something pretty special…If we win we will hold all nine of the Test series trophies - something I was made aware of moments before doing this column! Its not something we have spoken about in the dressing room, as our focus is purely on winning matches. Englands Test series win over South Africa means they hold seven of nine possible trophies Sri Lanka beat us here two years ago, while we know the quality Pakistan bring, so its going to be a tough summer of cricket ahead. People have made us favourites to defeat Sri Lanka but we know the threats that they pose, so we wont be taking anything for granted.Mahela Jayawardene will be with Sky Sports for the series and Im sure he and Kumar Sangakkara, who is playing for Surrey, will be passing down fonts of knowledge to the Sri Lankan players, so we know we are in for a real battle.Joe Root has been in outstanding form recently - did you always expect him to hit these heights? Joe Root has scored nine centuries in his 39 Tests to date Joe was only small when he was young so everyone was hoping he grew for a start! Seriously, though, we always knew he was a real talent.He has been fantastic over recent years - you only have to look at the stats and the way he has gone about his business - and hopefully he and I can spend a lot of time in the middle together, not only this summer but for many years to come. Root lands ECB awards hat-trick Joe Root swept the board at the England Team Awards and there was recognition for David Lloyd Having batted with him since we were about 12, out partnership is a pretty natural one now, its not something we have to think about or plan too much.dddddddddddd We know how the other one operates, how they run and the abilities they possess, so its great to be in the middle at the same time.Hes also not bad with the ball as he showed when he bowled out Stokesy [Ben Stokes] in Carnaby Street recently! Joe Root bowled out Ben Stokes during an impromptu game of cricket in Carnaby Street Finally, Sky Sports England in the 90s documentary has just been released. Who was your cricketing hero during that decade?Definitely Alec Stewart. The amount of games he played was sensational and to play for the length of time he did and achieve what he did made me really look up to him. If I have a career like his it wont be too shabby, and to try and emulate someone like him would be very special.It always looked like the guys in the England team in the 1990s had fun and that is something we are trying to foster, too. You have enough tough times in the game and in life so you have to enjoy the good times as a group. Teams dont function as well if you dont have that rapport. Watch a sneak peek of England in the 90s, which you can catch in full On Demand Watch England and Sri Lankas first Test, at Headingley, from 10am, Thursday, Sky Sports 2. Or watch from £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Get Sky Sports Alerts Breaking news from the England Cricket team, direct to your mobile Also See: England v Sri Lanka on Sky Sports England fixtures/results WATCH: Murali magic Watch England in the 90s Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz