Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

04.11.2018 00:58
was able to take advantage of these conditions, and yet I want to shed a tear right now.That putt on 18 was an opportunity to do Antworten

TROON, Scotland -- As Phil Mickelson settled in Thursday evening at the Marine Hotel, which overlooks the Firth of Clyde, Troons Old Course and the town itself, you wonder whether he enjoyed the accomplishment of his days work or lamented what was lost.A historic record eluded him by the precarious roll of a golf ball, and, as impressive as shooting 62 would be, it in no way guaranteed winning the 145th Open. Sure, every shot counts, every one knocked off helps, but it was the first day of four, one shot out of roughly 270-plus.Yet there was no denying the sense of disbelief and disappointment after Mickelsons attempt to become the first player in the history of major championship golf to shoot 62 somehow stayed out of the cup.The round was about as rare as the brilliant sunshine and balmy temperatures that soaked the Ayrshire coast for the first day of the years third major.It was one of the best rounds that Ive played, said Mickelson of his opening 63, the 28th in major history and just the ninth in Open history. And I was able to take advantage of these conditions, and yet I want to shed a tear right now.That putt on 18 was an opportunity to do something historical. I knew, and, with a foot to go, I thought I had done it. I saw the ball rolling right in the center. I went to get it, I had that surge of adrenaline that I had just shot 62, and then I had the heartbreak that I didnt and watched the ball lip out.It was, wow, that stings.Enough to derail his chances of winning The Open?Its fair to have doubts after listening to Mickelson mourn the opportunity lost. After hitting his approach at the par-4 18th, he had a 16-footer for his ninth birdie of the day, one that would give him a 62 on the par-71 course that has never seen such a score in eight previous Opens.No major championship venue has seen such a score. Johnny Miller shot the first 63 at the 1973 U.S. Open, a final-round feat that many believe is the best round in the history of the game. It helped him rally to win the tournament. Mickelsons 63 was just the 27th since that day 43 years ago at Oakmont. But he wanted to go one lower.The ball was hunting right in the center and didnt go, Mickelson said. It was just heartbreaking.Mickelson said the 63 wasnt better than his final-round 66 at Muirfield three years ago to win The Open, his fifth major title. He has not won a tournament since and, at age 46, might not win many more. A tournament title here would make him the second-oldest Open champion, barely, to Tom Morris Sr., who won his fourth Open in 1867 at Prestwick -- next door to Troon -- when the field consisted of just 10 players and was contested over just 36 holes.But you could argue that Thursday was just as good as that round in 2013. Mickelson hit 16 of 18 greens. He didnt make a bogey for just the third time in 81 Open rounds -- the other two coming at Troon in 2004. And he made eight birdies, with just 26 putts.On the treacherous back nine, where most of the field regressed, Mickelson shot 31.It was good stuff, said Ernie Els, who played with Mickelson. Geez, that was as good a links round of golf as Ive seen. He was in total control. Real patient. Managed himself wonderfully. He loves to hit that driver, and he stayed away from that. He managed himself around the course. Obviously the weather helped, but youve got to hit the shots, make the putts.I just feel for him. On 18, I was so sure he was going to make the putt. To shoot 62, you couldnt hit a better putt. That thing is going right to left all the way; its incredible how that thing stayed out.Els was rooting hard for his longtime rival. As they walked down the 18th fairway, he tried to pump up Mickelson, both knowing what was at stake. Then, in a nice act of sportsmanship, Els putted out before Mickelson, even though Lefty was away.I wanted to let him have the stage, Els said. I wanted him to take his time, make some history. He hit the best putt he could. Incredible it didnt go in.While Mickelson grabbed his head and smiled, incredulously, his longtime caddie, Jim Bones Mackay, fell to the ground, rolling backward with his legs back over his head.Mackay had a similar reaction when Mickelson missed out on a different kind of history at the 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open. Also on the opening day, Mickelson had a putt for 59 -- there have been just six in PGA Tour history -- and also saw it lip out.But he went on to win the tournament.Will he do so here?First, despite playing so artfully, hes going to have to, well, get over it.This ones going to stay with me for a while because of the historical element of the major championships, Mickelson said. Theres a lot of guys who have shot 63, but nobody has shot that 62. That would have been something special. Im just not going to have opportunities like that to do that. So to have that putt lip out, thats going to sting for a while.Then there is the matter of bouncing back from a great round. It is never easy to put them together.You start expectations running through your head, and thats the one thing that Ill have to try to suppress and hold off, he said. We have three more rounds. Well have varying conditions. Its going to be very difficult. Changing conditions, different winds. Hopefully Ive prepared myself well enough to tackle this golf course under those conditions and shoot a good number tomorrow.Mickelson has a 3-shot lead over Patrick Reed and Martin Kaymer with an early Friday tee time and bad weather expected to roll in for the weekend. Despite missing cuts at both the previous major championships this year, Mickelson has played some of the best golf post-Muirfield in 2016 after a shakeup in the offseason that saw him switch swing coaches.The big prize, of course, is the tournament, not the scoring record. A 62 might have been huge, but it would not have mattered nearly as much without going on to win.And imagine how historic that would be? He would be the fourth-oldest winner, ever, in any of the major championships.Perhaps Phil was best served to spend some time with Ernie, who tried to root him on to the record and knows just how well he played, regardless.It was beautiful, Els said. Domantas Sabonis Jersey . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Victor Oladipo Jersey . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. http://www.officialpacersprostore.com/kids-darren-collison-pacers-jersey/ . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Custom Indiana Pacers Jerseys . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. Indiana Pacers Jerseys .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. MINNEAPOLIS -- Thanks to the focus of guys like Jim Johnson and the toughness of Manny Machado, the Baltimore Orioles dont play like the youngest team in their division. Machado had a tiebreaking RBI single in a three-run 10th inning as the Orioles rallied for a 9-6 win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday night. Machado -- who stayed in the game after fouling a ball hard off his ankle in the fifth -- rolled a single into right field that scored Chris Dickerson and broke a 6-all tie. Nick Markakis added a sacrifice fly and Adam Jones an RBI double to cap the scoring in the 10th. "I told you many times, thats a mature group," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "Even though its the youngest team in our division, they stay within each other and do what they do." Tommy Hunter (3-1) didnt allow a run in 2 1-3 innings. Jim Johnson pitched a scoreless bottom of the 10th for his 35th consecutive save -- dating back to last season -- to set an Orioles franchise record. Johnson started getting questions about the save streak at the end of last season. He treated questions about finally setting the record with a shrug, the same way he answered when the streak began. "I was just thinking about watching us chip away," Johnson said. "Its not really anything Im real focused on. Its great, but our ultimate goal is the team record at the end of the year. Personal achievements are second." Anthony Swarzak (1-1) allowed all three runs in the 10th. Twins starter Mike Pelfrey had a 6-0 lead in the sixth inning and appeared to be cruising to his second straight win before Baltimore started smacking doubles all over the field. "Youve got to remember the offence over there, too," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Thats a heck of a baseball team over there, and they can run some hitters up there. They can ambush you. They got some big, clutch hits. Thatts kind of what theyre known for.ddddddddddddquot; The Orioles hit four doubles off Pelfrey in the sixth to make it 6-3 and added two more off reliever Josh Roenicke in the seventh to tie the score. "Theyre good. Theres a reason theyre in first place in the AL East," Pelfrey said. Chris Daviss two-bagger off the scoreboard wall in right-centre field scored Nick Markakis and made it 6-6. Roenicke started the seventh and allowed three runs and four hits and only recorded one out. "Its almost like we prefer to play from behind," Baltimore outfielder Chris Dickerson said. "As soon as it got to 6-3, we knew it was a different ballgame." Markakis started the barrage of doubles with a leadoff double in the sixth and finished with two hits and two RBIs. Joe Mauer had three hits and two RBIs for Minnesota, which had won four of its previous five. Adam Jones and Davis each had three hits for Baltimore. Orioles starter Jason Hammel allowed six runs over four innings and failed to win on the road for the first time this season. NOTES: SS Pedro Florimon, who left Thursdays game in the bottom of the seventh inning because of a tight right hamstring, was not in the starting lineup but told Gardenhire his leg was feeling better. ... Orioles LHP Tsuyoshi Wada, who had Tommy John ligament replacement surgery on his elbow last May 11 and spent his entire first season in the majors on the DL, struck out 10 batters in seven no-hit innings in an extended spring training game in Sarasota, Fla. Showalter said Wada would start a rehab assignment next week. ... RHP Steve Johnson will come off the DL to start Saturday in his season debut for the Orioles in place of RHP Miguel Gonzalez, who is out with a blister on his thumb. For the Twins, RH Vance Worley (0-4, 6.95 ERA) will take the mound looking for his first win in 13 starts since last Aug. 1 for the Phillies. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz