Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

08.12.2018 15:48
. The indignity of staring at a .180 batting average on the scoreboard is tough enough without seeing piles of money disappear.S Antworten

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Jonathan Allen returned a fumble 30 yards for a touchdown late in the third quarter to help No. 1 Alabama beat sixth-ranked Texas A&M 33-14 Saturday.The Crimson Tide (8-0, 5-0 Southeastern Conference) moved on as the powerhouse leagues last unbeaten team, getting yet another in a long string of defensive scores. Allen, a lineman, scooped up the ball after Ryan Anderson knocked it loose from Keith Ford to finally build a cushion over the Aggies (6-1, 4-1), who led 14-13 well into the third.It was 20-14 when Allen extended Alabamas streak to 10 games with a score on defense or special teams, half the duration of a winning streak now at 20 going into an open date.I think that was the real turning point in the game, because it changed the momentum of the game, Tide coach Nick Saban said. Those plays are always huge in games, but that one was especially huge.However, the Tide defense sustained a big loss when safety Eddie Jackson was injured in the fourth quarter and didnt come back after punt return. Saban said Jackson, a senior and team leader, is out for the season with a broken leg.Alabamas freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts then galloped 37 yards for another score, stepping out of a defenders grasp and making a nifty move to get past another. The Tide was rolling again, a powerful encore to easy wins over ranked Tennessee and Arkansas teams.The Aggies seemed likely to put up the biggest fight, with a defense that kept the pressure on Hurts and a handful of big runs by quarterback Trevor Knight. Then Allen and Anderson changed that in an instant. Costly penalties hurt the Aggies too, including a roughing the passer penalty to keep Alabamas go-ahead touchdown drive going.You really have five minutes in the game that determined what happened, Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said. We extended the drive with the roughing the passer, then we extended the drive again, I think it was an offsides. So you back that up with a fumble returned for a touchdown in a game like this, against a team like that, that cant happen.Alabama racked up five sacks of Knight, who had engineered Oklahomas Sugar Bowl upset of Alabama as a redshirt freshman with a 348-yard, four-touchdown performance. He passed for 164 and ran for 24 in the semi-rematch.Hurts passed for 166 yards and rushed for 93 more, throwing for a pair of touchdowns while getting intercepted twice. Damien Harris rushed 17 times for 126 yards.Alabama had retaken the lead on Hurts 4-yard TD pass to Calvin Ridley.THE TAKEAWAYTexas A&M: The Aggies led deeper into the game than any other `Bama opponent, the 6:33 mark of the third quarter. Knight made some plays with his running but was also given little time to hit receivers downfield by Allen & Co. Knight threw a pick on the first play after the defense intercepted Hurts in Alabama territory. The SECs top running team was held to 114 yards.Alabama: Dominated the stat sheet (303 yards to 150) in the first half but settled for two short field goals and Adam Griffith missed a third. It was enough to keep it in doubt. The defense gave up back-to-back long TD drives late in the second quarter and to open the third, but delivered big plays when it had to.POLL IMPLICATIONSAlabama was already a near-unanimous No. 1 , but this could cause the lone holdout voter to reconsider. Texas A&M shouldnt veer too far out of the Top 10 despite the lopsided final score.UP NEXTAlabama: has an open date before visiting No. 25 LSUTexas A&M: gets a break from SEC games against New Mexico State. China Basketball Jerseys .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. http://www.cheapjerseysnbaoutlet.com/ .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Wholesale NBA Stitched Jerseys . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Disocunt NBA Jerseys .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. After spending much of his career in vagabond/survivor mode, Brandon Moss has embraced a more prominent role this season as a main cog for the St. Louis Cardinals. Despite being in the throes of a 1-for-30 slump, Moss is still second on the team to Jedd Gyorko with 25 home runs and has a chance to play a pivotal role in the Cardinals push for a postseason berth.With each home run trot, Moss is also looking at life-changing financial security. Before his recent free-fall, several industry observers said a contract in the three-year, $36 million range is a realistic possibility when Moss hits the free-agent market this winter. Thats head-spinning stuff for a 33-year-old outfielder-first baseman whose closest career comparable on Baseball-Reference.com is Dan Pasqua.?From an outside perspective, Moss twin objectives seem incongruous. How can a player in a pennant race maintain the calm and focus necessary to perform while simultaneously knowing his production will help drive the biggest contract of his life? This is the challenge for players whove reached the intersection of commerce, performance and human nature known as the walk year.To be honest, it hasnt entered my mind very often, because youre caught up in the middle of the season, Moss said. It could end up being the best year youve ever had, and that will be exciting. At the same time, you have a game to play every day. It doesnt really matter until the season is done and you can reflect on it.Among the 100-plus players on the cusp of free agency, some have a lot more at stake than Moss. Toronto sluggers Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista entered the season competing for the honor of most desirable power hitter on the 2016-2017 free-agent market.Bautista, who turns 36 in October, has been on the disabled list twice this season and is hitting .228 in 346 at-bats. It would benefit him greatly to close with a flourish and help his agents pitch a more upbeat storyline in a what have you done for me lately? world. Encarnacion, 33, has burnished his credentials by putting up strong number (37 homers, 112 RBIs and a .267/.358/.543 slash line). At an All-Star Game news conference, Bostons David Ortiz made waves -- and flirted with a tampering violation -- by lobbying the Red Sox to sign Encarnacion as their next designated hitter.Carlos Gomez, Andrew Cashner, Brett Anderson and Colby Rasmus are among big leaguers whose financial aspirations have taken a hit with disappointing walk-year numbers this summer. Conversely, Washington catcher Wilson Ramos has raised his stock by posting career-best numbers at age 29, and Baltimore outfielder Mark Trumbo can expect to cash in on his 40-plus homer bonanza.And its anybodys guess what October will bring. The 2015 postseason made a big difference for Daniel Murphy, who parlayed a homer-happy October with the New York Mets into a three-year, $37.5 million contract with the Washington Nationals in December.As a rule, players in their walk years -- or platform years -- take pains to say all the right things. Theyll insist their agent is doing the heavy lifting and that theyre focused exclusively on baseball. But as several players whove gone through the process can attest, theyre either fibbing or trying to talk themselves into an alternate reality.Players are human, Cardinals manager and former big league catcher Mike Matheny?said. Youd be the same way. If your contract was coming up and youd have to produce, it would make you extremely rare for it not to be on your mind.Everybody is different. I have a couple of friends who just loved the business of baseball. They would know their on-base percentage from the previous at-bat by the time they got back to the dugout. If thats how youre wired, thats fine. But its going to wear on you mentally, physically and psychologically.Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth, who signed a seven-year, $126 million deal in December 2010, knows from experience that the pressure of playing for a once-in-a-lifetime contract can put a player on edge. The tension is even higher for players on contending clubs.Everything is magnified, whether you like it or not, Werth said. If you play good, you have a chance to set up your childrens children. Its the kind of generational wealth that doesnt come along. Most people dont get chances at that type of wealth. It can definitely mess with your head.Challenges aboundThe carrot of a big contract is a reward for surviving the war of attrition. Most players spend several years in the minors before reaching the big leagues. Then they play three years in the majors before becoming eligible for salary arbitration, and three more after that before hitting the open market. So with the rare exception of a Mike Trout, who signed a $144 million extension with the Los Angeles Angels at 22, most big leaguers have to be patient to hit paydirt.Its a mental test, Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer?said. Everybody is aware of it. Youve worked so hard for so long to put yourself in this position. How many guys make it five years in the big leagues? Not many, so even to give yourself an opportunity to get to free agency is an accomplishment.Is there such a thing as a walk year effect? A 2014 study published by the Society for American Baseball Research determined that the adjusted OPS for players in their contract year increases by 6.7 percent. But the list of breakouts, flops and players who perform to their career norms suggests that pending free agents are subject to the same variables as everyone else in the game.Injuries are an occupational hazard. Players have family problems, sick kids at home and other daily stresses just like the general population. Ballplayers on contending teams often play before bigger crowds than those who are plugging away for sub-.500 clubs. And luck is always part of the equation. A walk year is the absolute worst time to plummet to the ranks of the BABIP dregs.Amid those challenges, free-agents-in-waiting have an additional hurdle to overcome: Theyre bombarded with questions and speculation that their peers dont encounter in a non-contract year. Agent Scott Boras refers to the specter of free agency as the elephant in the ballpark.The stimulus the athlete is given in the walk year is different from any other time in his career, Boras said. You cant avoid it, because people walk up and ask you the question. You have your fellow players, outside players, the fans, the media and your loved ones. And then you have your interpersonal stress. You have the funk of the season. Players go through normal slumps, and everyone willl say, Hes responding to the stress of free agency.dddddddddddd OK. Can you find me the slumpless season? No one has one.For stars, contract-related uncertainty can suck up all the oxygen in the room during the winter caravan. Agent Paul Kinzer served notice during MLBs winter meetings that Encarnacion wanted his contract situation resolved by opening day or he would end talks and test free agency. Encarnacions season proceeded without resolution.Bautista arrived in Dunedin, Florida, in February and made news when he said he would not give the Blue Jays a hometown discount, because his current four-year, $65 million deal already fit that description. Bautista reportedly was seeking a $150 million contract before this season.Everything I said was honest and straight to the point, Bautista told ESPN.com earlier this season. It was coming from a very honest and educated place.As players try to navigate the walk-year obstacle course, teams are similarly challenged. The Texas Rangers, American League West front-runners, have five free agents on the roster (Ian Desmond, Mitch Moreland, Colby Lewis, Carlos Beltran and Carlos Gomez) and two other players (Jonathan Lucroy and Derek Holland) with contract options that need to be addressed this winter.The Rangers are mindful of maintaining equilibrium in their clubhouse as they negotiate with some of their pending free agents and table discussions with others until the offseason. But the process is more complex this year as MLB and the Players Association take part in labor talks that could result in several changes to the basic agreement.From our experience, even when both sides are trying to work toward the same common goal, theres a chance for negative feelings on one side or the other, Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine said. When youre putting a dollar amount to a players value and contributions, inevitably you may have two different opinions. When that takes place, how do the player and the club react? As a club, youre always very reluctant for it to have a negative impact on the teams performance.Worst-case scenariosAs the season progresses, the dynamics change. If players grind it out through nagging injuries and their numbers suffer, theyll win the admiration of their teammates. But will those subpar stats come back to bite them on the open market? When Alex Rios hit four home runs in 492 at-bats for the Rangers in 2014, a lot of teams were scared off by his lack of power. The Kansas City Royals thought it was a sign of character that Rios played hurt for a last-place team, and they signed him to a one-year, $11 million deal in December 2014.Players who slump in April and May have to resist the temptation to try to make it all up in one day. The indignity of staring at a .180 batting average on the scoreboard is tough enough without seeing piles of money disappear.Scouts generally agree that Desmond pressed after rejecting a $107 million contract offer from the Nationals in early 2014. Desmonds .233 batting average and .290 OBP in 2015 were career worsts, and reality set in when he had to wait until late February to sign a one-year, $8 million contract with Texas. Desmond has since bounced back, embracing a move to center field and making the All-Star team, and hell have a chance at a free-agent do-over this offseason.Pending free agents on losing teams have to block out the additional mid-summer distraction of the free-agent rumor-fest. The speculation can take all sorts of intriguing twists and turns.We call it contract-season occurrences, Boras said. I have a wonderful occurrences database. Its like Halloween: How many different scary characters can you come up with?Keeping it amicable?Scherzers big contract-season occurrence came in March 2014, when news broke that he had turned down a $144 million offer from the Detroit Tigers. After the Detroit front office released a statement confirming that Scherzer had rejected a substantial, long-term contract extension offer that would have placed him among the highest-paid pitchers in baseball, the atmosphere turned chilly.I just wanted to table it for the offseason, Scherzer said. I was amicable about it. My attitude was, I just want to play out the season, and lets take care of this in November. When they made everything public, I felt like they werent being amicable about it. Once everybody knew the numbers we were discussing, it made it difficult with my friends and family. I constantly felt like it was in my face.I just figured, This is what it is. This is the bed I made. I know what Im doing. Im confident in my decision. I looked through all the numbers, and I knew, Im not getting worse as a pitcher. Im getting better.Scherzer gained some peace of mind when Boras took out an insurance policy as a safeguard against injury, and he did mental gymnastics to make sure his priorities were in order. Each night before bed, Scherzer reminded himself that his sole focus should be on winning games rather than making money. He went 18-5 with a 3.15 ERA and finished fifth in AL Cy Young award balloting in 2014. He signed a seven-year, $210 million contract (with half the money deferred) with Washington the following winter.When youre in your free-agent year, everybody has this notion that its the first time youre playing for a contract, Scherzer said. Well guess what? I had to do it my junior year of college, and then I did it three times in arbitration. I guarantee you, its a bigger deal when you have zero in your bank account than when you already have a decent size bank account. My thinking was, Ive already done this four times. Whats gonna change? Nothing.Moss, a career role player, is in a different realm from the Bautistas, Encarnacions, Werths and Scherzers of the baseball fraternity. He has played for six teams and been traded and released multiple times, and he knows how it feels to have to fret over winning a roster spot. With roughly $12.6 million in career earnings to this point, he cant afford to let his attention stray from the wild-card race to the more substantial windfall that awaits him.If youre like me, youve always been on a one-year deal anyway, Moss said. Up until now, Ive always been fighting not to be a free agent.Moss and his fellow free agents, at all points in the spectrum, will get a better idea of where they stand soon enough. Halloween is coming fast. But theyll have to wait until December and January for trick-or-treating. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz