Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

09.12.2018 06:00
week at Maryland.The sixth-ranked womens basketball team won its two exhibition games by an average of 127.5 points, including Antworten

The scores were certainly eye-popping last week at Maryland.The sixth-ranked womens basketball team won its two exhibition games by an average of 127.5 points, including shutting out Bluefield State in the second half of the 146-17 rout on Nov. 2.A mismatch of record proportions for sure, yet the Big Blue arent crying foul. In fact, coach Todd Fong would love an opportunity to play the Terrapins again.You have to think big picture here. Sure, look at it on the surface and you see the score and wonder what is going on? Fong said in an interview with The Associated Press on Monday. But you have to understand the behind-the-scene things. Ive known (Maryland coach) Brenda (Frese) for 12 years. I told her when I got to coach a team Id love to play her and she gave us the chance. She didnt have to do that.The Terrapins werent the only team with blowout victories last week, although their Division II and III opponents were a combined 2-47 last year.No. 21 DePaul won its two games against local Chicago NAIA teams in dominant fashion. So did No. 3 UConn. Second-ranked Baylor struggled in its first exhibition game before winning by 89 points on Monday night.So why play these games as opposed to a closed scrimmage against another ranked team?It gets out some of the jitters, Frese said. Weve played closed scrimmages in the past, but our team treated it like a scrimmage. There were no fans in the stands, no nervousness, no anxiousness. In our exhibition games, we have six freshmen this year, you can put fans in the stands, do your pregame routine.Bruno agreed with Frese about how exhibition games can be valuable to get your team ready for the upcoming season regardless of the opponent.The reason we play them is that I want to be able to play with the lights on and have the players have game-day experience. Thats a big deal to have game day experience, Bruno said. What is it like to have to go to pregame shootaround? Whats it like to be in school when you have a game? I get my freshmen time on the floor. I get to see players fighting for positions that might earn spots or not earn spots against real competition on the floor.One of Brunos exhibition games was against St. Francis, Illinois, which is coached by former DePaul guard Sam Quigley. Despite the 70-point loss, Quigley called it a successful night.Losing like we did, was a little eye-opening to our team, Quigley said. We are ranked fifth in the nation in NAIA, but heres a different level. The top two teams might look a little more like these teams.After the loss to DePaul on Friday night, her team then hopped on a flight the next morning to play at Florida State. That game, which the Fighting Saints lost 91-38 served as a chance for junior guard Christina Ekhomu to play against her sister, who is a freshman for the Seminoles. Besides the family reunion, playing at Florida State allowed Quigleys team to play in a bigger arena. Something that she hopes will prepare them well for the NAIA tournament at the end of the season if they can make it in again.We didnt go into a big arena until our very last tournament so hopefully well be better prepared now, she said.Both Quigley and Fongs schools also were given financial guarantees for the game. Those guarantees help the small budgets that these schools have.The Maryland game also gave Fong the opportunity to have three of his players go home to Washington, where he also is from. The Big Blue also played a second game on the trip, routing Anne Arundel 95-37 the day before the Maryland contest.The benefits for us were enormous, Fong said. Did Maryland benefit? I dont know. I wish we could have given them more of a match. We did lead 3-0. When I came back to Bluefield, people were talking about our womens basketball program and our school.The harshest critic that Fong had to deal with was his son, who came to the game.Fong guided the womens golf team at Bluefield State to the USCAA national championship last month.You dont know anything about golf and your team won the national championship and you say you know basketball but they put the thumper on you, recalled Fong.---Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. Cheap Air Max Wholesale .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. http://www.cheapairmaxchina.com/ . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Cheap Air Max China Free Shipping . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Cheap Air Max Shoes China . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame left tackle Mike McGlinchey has about three months until he has to make a decision about his football future, but for now, the redshirt junior captain said he intends to return for a fifth year.Answering a question about his recruiting process, McGlinchey said Wednesday that he entered college with a five-year plan, and he hasnt deviated from that mindset.I have 19 games left here and thats what I fully intend to take on, McGlinchey said. I have a lot left to learn. Im not ready to go anywhere. I have the best in the business coaching me [offensive line coach Harry Hiestand] each and every day, and its to my benefit to stay here and learn from and theres nothing that I can do to want to change that. I have no intention of wanting to change that.Ive played a lot of football so far, but I have a lot left to accomplish and Im not going to put myself in position to go somewhere when Im not full ready to. Im fully confident that I will be ready at some point, but I dont think it will be after this season.Scouts Inc.s Todd McShay lists McGlinchey as the No. 22 overall prospect on his latest draft board, which was released two weeks ago.McGlinchey was asked whether his intentions for next season may change should his stock rise like that of his predecessor, Ronnie Stanley, who was picked sixth overall by the Baltimore Ravens in this years NFL draft.I dont know, I dont really pay attention to all that, McGlinchey said. Its not going to come down to a projection for me. Its going to come down to a mindset and a look in the mirror of whether or not Im ready to go. And based offf of what Im feeling now, Im pretty confident that Ill be back here for a fifth year, and its not any major decision, groundbreaking decision.dddddddddddd I fully intended to do that when I first got to college.Like I said, I have so much left to learn here and its not going to come down to projections or potential money that I can make. If Im good enough at the point where I feel ready to do it, Ill do it, and those projections will become reality at some point when its my time to be ready to do that.The 6-foot-7?, 310-pound McGlinchey is in his second year as a starter for the Fighting Irish, having played right tackle last season. He saw time in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman, too, and is a first cousin of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.McGlinchey is the third Notre Dame player in the past four years to sa

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz