Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

20.12.2018 00:23
s Angeles, which was a great move when I look back on my career.Vachons outstanding career featured plenty of highlights and ach Antworten

Australian gold medal hope Cate Campbell says its unfair and disrespectful for her Rio-bound swim team to be repeatedly reminded about the disastrous London Olympics.Head coach Jacco Verhaeren also refused to wade into the Russian doping scandal, describing it as a distraction for his squad.Campbell, Verhaeren and the rest of the Australian swim team spoke to the media on Wednesday at their pre-Olympic training camp at Auburn University in Alabama.You cant compare where we are now to where we were in 2012, Campbell told reporters.I think it is unfair and disrespectful to the athletes on this years team to constantly be bringing up something that happened in 2012 when most of them were not part of it.The Australian team was plagued by scandal at the London Olympics and failed to win an individual gold medal.In Rio they could top the world and possibly beat Australias swim team record eight gold, four silver and two bronze haul at the 1956 Olympics.Team leader Wayne Lomas said the team was unified and having a wonderful camp in Alabama.Verhaeren refused to predict how the team will perform in Rio.Verhaeren also described the banning of Russian swimmers by the sports world governing body FINA as a distraction.Its not going to distract us, the coach said.The Russian bans boost Australias chances in the mens freestyle sprint events, with Queenslander Cameron McEvoy, ranked number one in the world in the 100m and second in the 50m freestyle, not having to face Russias top sprinter Vladimir Morozov. Nike Air Max 90 Cheap Wholesale .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Nike Air Max 90 For Sale Cheap . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. http://www.nikeairmax90cheap.com/ . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Online . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Wholesale . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Goaltender Rogie Vachon cant remember who scored the first NHL goal against him, but one of the newest members of the Hockey Hall of Fame knows exactly whom he stopped to record his first save.I got called up to Montreal with about 19 games to go. My first game at the Montreal Forum was against Detroit, and my first save was on a total breakaway by Gordie Howe from the blue line in, Vachon recalled. To this day, I think that save kept me in the game for 16 years.It was Feb. 18, 1967, when a 21-year-old Vachon was called up from the minors to make his debut against the?Detroit Red Wings.?He made 41 saves and helped the Canadiens to a 3-2 victory. His mother was in the stands and Vachon earned the games first star.That was a pretty good start, Vachon said with a laugh.After a 30-year wait, Vachon, 71, will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 14 in Toronto, joining Eric Lindros,?Sergei Makarov?and longtime coach Pat Quinn.Ive waited such a long time. After a while I started to give up on [making the Hall of Fame], he said. I thought nothing was going to happen after all those years, over 30 years of waiting. Finally, Ive made it. Its just an incredible feeling.Vachon played 16 seasons with the Canadiens, Los Angeles Kings, Red Wings and Boston Bruins. He played 795 regular-season games, compiling a 355-291-127 record, including 51 shutouts. He won the Vezina Trophy in 1968 and was part of three Stanley Cup championships in Montreal. After his successful stint with the Canadiens, Vachon was traded at the start of the 1971-72 season to the Kings to make room for a new stud goaltender named Ken Dryden.?Coming from Montreal [after] winning three Cups in five years and being with the best team ever in the history of the game, and playing with such superstars like Jean Beliveau and Henri Richard ... it was a fantastic time. But it was time for me to move on when Ken Dryden came in, said Vachon, who became a star in L.A. I wanted to be a No. 1 somewhere. It didnt matter where, and I wound up in Los Angeles, which was a great move when I look back on my career.Vachons outstanding career featured plenty of highlights and achievements, but one story in particular became legendary.Before the 1973-74 season, the Kings held training camp in Victoria, British Columbia. Forward Don Kozak, then 20 and in his second season with the team, was a fitness freak, which was a rarity back in those days. He would prepare for training camp by running the horse trails around the hills near his home in Palos Verdes, California. Occasionally, he would also run for miles on the beach. So, when he arrived at camp, no one could outwork him.The Kings invited a trainer from the Canadian Armed Forces to work with the team in Victoria. The players spent each morning going through intense weight training and stretching the week before the team began its on-ice training. On Sunday of that week, the Kings had the day off -- but the players were still at the training facility. Vachon, sitting in a recliner at the facility, was watching football, smoking a cigar and drinking a beer.Lounging comfortably, Vachon called out to Kozak.Hey, Kozy. I heard you trained hard this summer, Vachon said.Yeah, I ran all summer,?Kozak responded.Yeah, me too, Vachon said.Kozak shook his head in disbelief at the notion.Bulls---, Rogie. Look at you, Kozak shot back. You didnt run all summer.With the cigar and beer in his hand, Vachon tried to convince his teammate that he was indeed in great shape. Behind Memorial Arena was a hill, about 200 yards up and back, so Kozak challenged the goaltender to a race. Other players immediately started placing bets. The race was organized and trainers Real Lemieux and Gilles Marotte got involved.Kozak had fallen right into Vachons trap.The race consisted of 10 laps around the course. The rest of the team stood on the hill and watched, cheering for Vachon.I take off like a rabbit, Kozak said. I was at a real fast pace and I could never see Rogie behind me. I come to the last lap and I still dont see Rogie.Forward Randy Rota had a slight resemblance to Vachon. So the trainers dressed the two alike and on the last lap, they sent Rota up behind Kozak, who turned and couldnt believe Vachon was catchhing up.ddddddddddddHoly [expletive]. Where did he come from? Kozak thought.Vachon stood nearby in the woods and after Kozak passed, the goaltender jumped out and soon started to win the race.He starts passing me and I couldnt believe this. Were coming to the finish line and I tackled him, but he dragged me across the finish line and won the race, Kozak remembered with a laugh. We had about 15 grand bet on this and I said to Real, How are we going to pay this? I was exhausted and needed help to the dressing room.Finally, Kozak was told about the ruse and let off the hook.It was really funny, he said.Vachon and Kozak were roommates for many years and remain close friends.[Vachons Hall of Fame election] is special to me because Rogies a great competitor, a great team player. He never, ever put himself first, no matter what. It was always about the team, and he never took the credit, Kozak said. When we won, it was a team effort. We were defensive-minded in those days and Rogie made the big saves and got the team fired up. Even at practice, he was a competitor. If you scored on him during practice, he would get pissed. Im honored to have played with a Hall of Famer. He deserves it.The only major disappointment of Vachons career was not bringing a Stanley Cup to Los Angeles during his playing days (1971-78).He played two seasons in Detroit and another two in Boston before retiring with the Bruins after the 1981-82 season. Vachon had no intention of moving into the management side of the game while he was playing. But after his career ended, his mindset changed and things moved quickly. A season after he retired, the Kings hired Vachon as a goalie consultant. Within a year, he was the GM, replacing George McGuire on Jan, 30, 1984. He also served as an interim coach three times during his 20-year tenure in management.Vachon didnt win a Cup as a general manager, but he arguably did the next best thing: He was the GM who handled the trade that brought Wayne Gretzky to the Kings (the trade was largely brokered by Kings and Edmonton Oilers ownership). And although he was no longer the GM when the Gretzky-led Kings made the Stanley Cup finals in 1993, Vachon was still with the team that had been largely built under his leadership.Vachon has seen the game change plenty since his playing days. Todays game is bigger, faster and stronger. The rules are different, but the sport is thriving.I like the new style, the new game, Vachon said. Years ago, they took away all that hooking and grabbing. That style [kept] superstars [from] playing their own game, and when they finally took out all that grabbing, it opened up the game. Now, its more defensive, but you still have a lot of top players who can play their own game, and it makes it a lot more interesting.During his playing days, Vachon was generously listed at 5-foot-8. Several NHL goaltenders now reach 6-foot-6 and 6-foot-7, almost a foot taller than Vachon and a lot of the other goalies during his era.Goaltending has changed drastically since I was playing, he said. Now, if youre not 6-foot-2, 6-foot-3, you have a hard time playing goal. And every goalie now has a similar style, dropping to their knees on every shot, but the equipment made a huge difference. The goalies shoulder pads and everything is so huge and light that theres basically no room [to score].The goalie style is totally different. In my day, we used to try to find the puck and react to the puck. Now, they just get into position in goal and they challenge the players to shoot. Its a totally different concept.Players dont like to talk about their careers until their playing days are over. Vachon has had plenty of time to reflect on his career now that hes being enshrined.Well, it means everything, really, Vachon said. There are only 271 players in the Hall of Fame, so its really a big honor when you think of the thousands of players who have played over the last 100 years. Its really special.For the record: Vachon gave up his first goal in his debut against the same man he first stopped, Gordie Howe.Vachons next stop, however, will be the Hall of Fame. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz