Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

13.09.2018 01:10
edition of The Open begins Thursday.The likes of Johnson, Rory McIlroy and Bubba Watson -- each in the top 3 in the PGA Tours s Antworten

IRVINE, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams defensive end Robert Quinn missed practice Tuesday to watch his sister Jasmine Camacho-Quinn compete in the 100-meter hurdles at the Rio Olympics.Coach Jeff Fisher said Quinn approached him earlier this summer when Camacho-Quinn was selected to the Puerto Rico national team, and the Rams allowed him to travel to Rio de Janeiro.Weve been talking on and off for the last couple weeks, so I gave him permission a number of weeks ago and he finally made the arrangements, Fisher said. Its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Its really a neat thing for Rob and his family. Its the right thing to do, to let him go down.Camacho-Quinn qualified for the semifinals in the 100 hurdles, finishing third in her first-round race in a time of 12.70 seconds. She will run in the second of three semifinal races Wednesday.Camacho-Quinn, a freshman at Kentucky, won the NCAA title in the 100 hurdles last month. She was the SEC Freshman of the Year and a first-team All-American in the 100 hurdles, 200-meter and 100-meter relay.Fisher expects Quinn will return in time to play in the Rams second preseason game Saturday against the Chiefs. Quinn, who missed the final eight games of last season with a back injury that required surgery, did not play last week against the Cowboys.Unless he has got some flight issues or something like that, well let him run around a little bit, Fisher said. Hell get some snaps.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org/ China Jerseys Cheap . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. NFL Jerseys Wholesale . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. http://www.jerseyscheapnfl.us/ . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. Cheap Jerseys From China . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. TROON, Scotland -- When the likes of Tom Morris, James Braid and various other designers laid out their courses along the sea in places all over Great Britain and Ireland, there is no way they could foresee the game that exists today, one fraught with technological advances that allow players to hit a golf ball short-hop plane distances.Of course, there were no airplanes back when they laid out these links, mostly by shaping the existing land with the help of horses, mules and rudimentary tools. Morris, who won The Open four times using an early gutta percha ball (he was a ball maker as well as champion golfer and course designer) would trip over his wooden-shafted clubs at the sight of a Dustin Johnson tee shot.And somehow these courses of a bygone era have withstood the test of time. Sure, theyve been tweaked and lengthened and some would say tricked-up, but a place such as Royal Troon has been around for more than 100 years and will undoubtedly give players fits when the 145th edition of The Open begins Thursday.The likes of Johnson, Rory McIlroy and Bubba Watson -- each in the top 3 in the PGA Tours strokes gained off the tee statistic -- might well have their issues, even though the 7,190-yard course might be considered short by todays standards.You do have to know how to navigate and kind of plot your way around these courses, especially when its dry, said Zach Johnson, who won The Open at St. Andrews last year. I just think the beauty of this tournament and this style of links golf is youve got to have everything. Youve got to hit your driver higher. Youve got to hit it low. Youve got to hit it left. Youve got to hit it right. And that goes with every club in your bag.Youve got to hold it. Youve got to use the wind. Youve got to do everything. ... This tournament, more than anything, I think its purity.Zach Johnson is a perfect example of a player who can excel on such a layout without the length that the likes of Jason Day or McIlroy or U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson have.It was Dustin Johnson who led The Open through 36 holes last year at St. Andrews, only to post 75-75 and fall out of contention over the final 36.I love coming over and playing links golf, said Jordan Spieth, who missed a playoff by a shot last year at St. Andrews. I think my game in general over the course of the next 20 to 30 years out here will show that this style of golf plays to my strengths. I feel comfortable playing this style of golf.Links is a term often tossed around haphazardly, almost generically, to describe any golf course -- and it is done so incorrectly. Links is not interchangeable with any golf course. There are various definitions, sometimes not easily explained, but Golf Digests description is simple: A course on oceanside sand dunes that were formed by a receding sea and covered by fertile soil from a river estuary.Each of the venues used for The Open -- now officially nine -- has those aspects. Royal Troon hugs the Firth of Clyde, and while that body of water is not visible from every part of the course, it has an impact, whether it be wind or rain. AAnd the hard ground, even in wet conditions, typically drains to allow for more bounce and roll.ddddddddddddThe Open was first played at Royal Troon in 1923, and this will be the ninth time it is staged here. The place hasnt changed a great deal over that time. When Todd Hamilton won here 12 years ago in a playoff over Ernie Els, the winning score was 10 under par. Just 15 yards have been added to the course since then. When Arnold Palmer won here in 1962, the length was 7,045 yards, just 145 yards shorter than today.Their defense is the bunkers, so for me its all about just navigating the bunkers, Dustin Johnson said. In spots its very playable, so just knowing where to hit it and not driving it in a bunker, thats the biggest key. If you can stay out of the bunkers this week, I think youre going to do pretty well.Johnson should be able to fly a good number of them, especially on the downwind holes. The first seven holes, typically, come with a helping wind, and Johnson is able to get his tee shot near or on par-4 greens at the first and third holes. Hell have short irons into the others before the links turns back home and a strong headwind becomes a big factor.I think the beauty of a links golf course is the weather makes a massive difference, said Martin Slumbers, the chief executive of the R&A, which conducts The Open. The way the ball moves on the fairways, depending on how firm it is, the ability to control that. The ability to make sure where you want to put the ball versus where the ball has to finish on the green. I think that protection, and then you add in the weather is what makes links golf so difficult and so different and provides more than enough challenge for the players.I find it fascinating going around this course, watching the different type of holes and the different way the guys are playing it. There isnt one way to play it. You can quite often see in a three-ball three different shots, completely different ways how theyve seen how they want to play it, and I think thats the beauty of links golf.None of this is to say that Dustin Johnson, or Day or McIlroy or Watson or any of the other games long hitters, cant succeed at Troon.Its a fantastic asset to have, said Colin Montgomerie, who noted that Dustin Johnson will have no problem carrying various hazards. Thats an advantage, theres no question. Id love to have played my career where he hits his drives; we all would.But at the same time, if that driver is slightly off and the pin positions are as theyre going to be, which are hidden and on slopes to protect the course, these links courses ... you can get into trouble, theres no question. Youve got to be very, very careful at the same time. I dont think its a bombers course as such.I think our motto here, Tam arte quam marte, as youre all aware of course as journalists and English scholars, you would know that its not just with strength but with skill. So you have to have both. This course demands both. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Discount Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz