Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

01.03.2019 06:56
ofessionalism beyond her years, her endless series of gears that were put to good use in the Coaching Club American Oaks to deal Antworten

Mike Smith was sitting in racetrack traffic while leaving Saratoga last Sunday evening when he glanced over to notice a horse walking along the other side of the security fence on its way back to the stables from the test barn.Im sure some people knew it was her, Smith said. At least the ones who really follow racing. Sitting there in the car, I got to see her walk all the way along the fence, and she looked great, man. Recovered quick. Her ears were up, really alert.She is Songbird -- who else? -- and because Smith was trying to make a flight back to the West Coast, he had to miss his usual post-race visit with his favorite filly, during which carrots and candies are offered in tribute. Still, it was enough that he got to see her in the flesh, even from a moving vehicle, since she had just experienced the toughest race of her perfect nine-race career. When that happens with most horses, you just never know.As Songbirds only rider in a journey that began a year ago, Smith is rarely surprised yet always amazed. Amazed by her old-soul demeanor, her professionalism beyond her years, her endless series of gears that were put to good use in the Coaching Club American Oaks to deal with the classy Carina Mia.Heading to Albany International Airport, Smith had been at the center of the American racing universe all weekend long, even as that center shifted from Del Mar on Saturday to Saratoga on Sunday. On Saturday, Smith rode Win the Space in the San Diego Handicap and came away with the $24,000 worth of third-place crumbs that California Chrome and Dortmund left on the table after an epic bar brawl that set up a thriller in next months Pacific Classic.Both those two were coming off layoffs, so you hope theyll do something to each other early to give me a chance to maybe get lucky and pick up the pieces, Smith said. But you dont want to ruin your chances going after them. They started running away from us about the three-eighths pole, so right about then, I looked around to see that wed be third for sure.He was, 7-1/4 lengths behind runner-up Dortmund and 9-1/2 lengths ahead of the fourth-place finisher, Follow Me Crev. In his previous start, Win the Space had thrown a scare into Melatonin in the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Hes a talented horse, Smith said of Win the Space. They get him away from those first two, and he could win some nice races.Del Mar fans gave both the victorious California Chrome and Dortmund a rousing hand when they returned, while at Saratoga, it was all for Songbird.The fans in New York, when theyre cheering for you, theyre great, he said. When theyre not, theyre pretty brutal. But she got such a big ovation coming back after the race, you could tell they loved her. And she deserved it.Songbird is just starting her romance with Saratoga -- the Alabama Stakes is next -- but for Smith, it was a special homecoming. He led the meet three straight years in the early 1990s and won the Travers twice (with Holy Bull and Coronados Quest), along with just about every other major event on the summer calendar. More recently, he shipped to Saratoga to win the 2013 Personal Ensign with Royal Delta and the 2010 Diana on Proviso, both for Bill Mott.Smiths mounts have earned an average of more than $23,000 for each start this season, by far the best in the nation. But he has ridden only 184 races. Thats fewer than Jose Ortiz has won. In the days leading up to the weekend, Smith had just three mounts in three days at Del Mar.Four rides on Saturday helped Smith sleep on the red-eye, but his only mount on Sunday was Songbird. The rider ramped up his regular exercise routine to accommodate the situation, aware that he would be going from warm, relatively dry Pacific breezes to the inside of a radiator in upstate New York.I knew it would be hot and very, very humid, Smith said. The heavier air makes it very hard to breathe for people and horses who arent used to it, so I trained myself hard. I knew I had to be ready for it because I knew Songbird would be.And yet when Carina Mia and Julien Leparoux came to them at the head of the stretch, a strange, intrusive thought interrupted Smiths blissful enjoyment of another Songbird cruise.[Carina Mia] came at me pretty hard there for a little bit, and we took off, Smith said. I thought, Wow, if that filly can keep it up, whos gonna cave in first? She dug in really good, though. When we straightened out and she switched leads, she gave me another gear. I thought, Man, Im glad thats there.Smith hit Songbird twice left-handed, something hed never done in the heat of battle.I didnt hit her that hard, just a couple times to let her know to go ahead, it wasnt over yet, and she dug in really good, Smith said. Then I looked over at the big screen and saw her all alone, drawing away.His final thought, as Songbird finished more than five lengths clear?Man, Smith replied, I cant believe this.Believe it. Discount Nike Vapormax .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. Nike Vapormax Wholesale China . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. http://www.cheapvapormaxwholesale.com/ . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Vapormax Cheap Online . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Cheap Vapormax For Sale . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick.You can follow all of Saturdays action with Julian Warren and his panel on Sky Sports News HQ. The Premier League and Sky Bet Championship take a break for the weekend as the international break gets underway, meaning Sky Bet League One and League Two take centre stage. Julian Warren takes the reins for this weekends Soccer Saturday, and is joined by pundits Paul Walsh, Iain Dowie, Neil Mellor and Tony Cottee. The panel will be reviewing the England v Scotland clash at Wembley from Friday evening and having their say on the main talking points from one of footballs oldest rivalries. Gillette Soccer Saturday November 19, 2016, 3:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass They will then get down to the business of live Saturday football, with Walsh watching Coventry take on Scunthorpe, Cottee keeping an eye on Millwall v Bristol Rovers, Mellor reporting on Bradford v Rochdale and Dowie bringing updates from Crewe v Plymouth.dddddddddddd Soccer Saturday will also be interviewing journeyman striker Jefferson Louis and going behind the scenes at Coventry City. Watch Soccer Saturday from 2pm on Sky Sports News HQ. The show can also be seen on Sky Sports 1 HD from 3pm. Also See: Fantasy Football Game Changers Soccer AM ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz