Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

25.03.2019 05:41
Final Four berth.It will do something for us, because, for the first time, we won a game when we shot it like (garbage), Self sa Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO -- Pitcher Jake Peavy grabbed the microphone and promised a sellout crowd more special October baseball, and who could doubt him given the Giants recent history of even-year World Series success?Ace right-hander Johnny Cueto tossed a baseball into the seats in celebration Sunday, then expressed his thanks to a higher power for putting him in another winning situation this season after last falls World Series victory in Kansas City.That energys back, Peavy said. This isnt the last game were playing at AT&T ballpark, theres no chance.Yet the way the Giants played in the second half, when nearly everything seemed to go wrong at some point and the old reliable bullpen blew it over and over again, manager Bruce Bochy couldnt help but wonder if his team could pull it off in the end. With all that talent and depth, San Francisco nearly squandered a big chance.Bochy never counted on the Giants getting any help to reach the playoffs, either.On Sunday, he knew his club would have to get there on its own -- and thats exactly what San Francisco did on the seasons last day.Its a tough group. I kept saying, `Theyve been through it, theyre battle-tested, he said. We stayed in it a lot longer than I thought. When they needed to answer the bell, they did it.The Giants owned the best record at the All-Star break at 57-33, sputtered for months then all but needed to sweep the division champion Dodgers to return to the postseason. They did just that to wrap up the second wild card and headed East on Monday ahead of Wednesday nights game against the New York Mets for a spot in the Division Series against the Chicago Cubs.Now, ace left-hander Madison Bumgarner will take the ball just as the 2014 World Series MVP did two years ago at Pittsburgh with the season on the line. Noah Syndergaard will oppose Bumgarner, whose `14 postseason was among the best ever by a pitcher.It comes down to that one game, all the work weve put in comes down to that, Bumgarner said. ... Early in the season things were looking real promising for us, then we went through a pretty good stretch when it wasnt looking too promising at all.The Giants have momentum again. Things are clicking at the plate, with the pitching and on defense.Nobody wanted to travel first to St. Louis for a potential one-game playoff to determine the last wild card.This game is hard to explain sometimes, Bochy said. We just got in a funk between we were missing a couple guys and then we were sputtering offensively, we were trying to get this bullpen in order. For us to get there, and how we got there, I said earlier I felt we had to win out in this series. We couldnt count on somebody helping us. It was up to us to take care of business and these guys took care of business in a great way. Five runs the first two innings, they were on a mission.The Giants (87-75) finished the regular season with their first four-game winning streak of the second half.They have a chance to follow up those every-other-year championships the franchise has captured this decade: in 2010, `12 and `14. Many of the same faces have been around for them all.Its always fun to go to the postseason, especially with the core group of guys we have, some experience with the wild card and with the postseason, shortstop Brandon Crawford said. Its going to be fun. Weve done a good job of maintaining that belief that we would get here. Hopefully we can just keep it rolling. Weve been playing good baseball the last few days.Santiago Casilla lost his closers job. Sergio Romo got healthy and stabilized the ninth inning, and everybody in the tight-knit bullpen stuck together.Its unbelievable, Casilla said. This year, I believed 100 percent wed win the World Series, no matter what anybody was saying or how we made it. Sometimes its easy, sometimes its hard. We played hard, we believed. Now, we can win the World Series and make the city happy.Right fielder Hunter Pence has been telling Bochy for weeks how much he cherishes playing for something this time of year.This is October baseball, Pence said, its the best versus the best. Steelers Jerseys China . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Stitched Antonio Brown Jersey . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseysauthentic.com/ . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Cheap Hines Ward Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Cheap Steelers Jerseys . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. LAWRENCE, Kan. -- The setting, Madison Square Garden, seemed appropriate enough for Bill Self to propose his Kansas point guard attract more attention from NBA scouts.Senior Frank Mason just sank a winning pull-up jumper in the final seconds to defeat top-rated Duke in the Champions Classic, a victory that evened the No. 7 Jayhawks at 1-1 after opening with an overtime loss to Indiana in the Armed Forces Classic.Mason was brilliant in both games. Enough that Self knew to put the ball in Masons hands and let him take the shot that kept the Blue Devils matchup from also going into overtime.I think the NBAs missing the boat on him, Self said. He doesnt fit the eye test with length and standing (5-foot-11) and that kind of stuff, but hes got some things you cant teach and intangibles that are as good as anybody in America probably possesses.After netting a career-high 30 points in the Indiana defeat, Mason led Kansas with 21 points and five assists against Duke. The third-year starter has already gained the distinction as the Jayhawks go-to man entering their home opener Friday against Siena (1-1).By at least gaining a split of a season-opening salvo in which Kansas flew over the Pacific and also played near the Atlantic to confront two bluebloods of their ilk , the Jayhawks realized their potential as Big 12 favorites expected to vie for a Final Four berth.It will do something for us, because, for the first time, we won a game when we shot it like (garbage), Self said. He also noted that Duke did not get transition points and we controlled the glass. Its not that complicated.Certainly not if Mason continues a furious pace that finds him averaging 25.5 points, 7.0 assists and 5.0 rebounds over 37.5 minutes. This, despite sitting out some of the first half against Duke because of foul trouble.Freshmen also flashed more of their skills in the Duke win. Joshh Jackson, a 6-8 guard rated by some services as the top recruit in this years class, added 15 points.dddddddddddd Udoka Azubuike, a 7-foot, 280-pound man-child from Nigeria, grabbed 12 rebounds.Were not a great rebounding team by any stretch, Self said, and he gets 12 in 15 minutes and our other bigs get seven in 30. As he gets more comfortable, I certainly see his minutes going up. Hes going to be as important as anybody on our team in how good we can be.The Jayhawks have won 42 straight home openers. The game against Siena is officially part of the CBE Classic, which will find Kansas moving on to Kansas City, Mo., for a Nov. 21 game against UAB. Also that night, George Washington faces Georgia. The four-team bracket concludes Nov. 22.Siena was edged 77-75 by George Washington, the reigning NIT champion, on Nov. 15.The Saints had a chance to win at the buzzer, but sophomore guard Nico Clareth missed a 3-pointer. The loss began a stretch of four road games in eight days.Its a lot of travel and a lot of games, said Siena senior forward Brett Bisping, who averages a double-double (14.0 points, 10.5 rebounds). But its early in the season, so were not really worn down yet. I think well be ready to go.The Saints were picked second in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (behind Monmouth) after returning their five top scorers off last years 21-13 squad.Marquis Wright, a 6-1 senior guard, leads Siena with a 26-point average after matching his career-best with 31 points against Cornell in the season opener.I hope some of the younger guys see what Marquis does, Siena coach Jimmy Patsos said. Hes fiery. He keeps taking the big shot. But he plays defense, then he hustles, he comes over and he listens to me. Hes a complete player. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz