LAS VEGAS -- Andre Ward, the new No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world?He made a case -- but not a convincing one -- as he won a razor-close but controversial unanimous decision against Sergey Kovalev to claim three light heavyweight world title belts before an adoring crowd of 13,310 on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena.All three judges scored the bout 114-113 for Ward, who survived a second-round knockdown and some shaky moments. ESPN.com scored the fight 115-112 for Kovalev, who appeared to land the much more powerful punches. HBOs unofficial scorer, Hall of Fame judge Harold Lederman, had Kovalev winning 116-111.?Many media members sitting ringside also had Kovalev winning.If judges Glenn Trowbridge and John McKaie had given Kovalev the final round, the fight would have been a split decision win for Kovalev. Judge Burt Clements gave Kovalev the 12th round but had Ward ahead going into the round.This is a beautiful thing. We did it, baby. Its a lot of hardware, Ward said as he was presented with the belts. Surreal. This is what we set out to do. Im a five-[belt] world champion in two different weight classes. Man, its amazing.This sounds good -- the new light heavyweight champ. This was my most important and satisfying win.There were many who believed that the Kovalev-Ward winner would be worthy of replacing junior bantamweight titlist Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez as the new pound-for-pound king. And some might elevate Ward into that lofty perch coming off the best victory of his career, which already includes wins against such top opponents as Carl Froch, Mikkel Kessler and Chad Dawson.Ward said he was not startled that he got the nod.I was not surprised when I heard the decision, he said. I dont know where you got that from. I know it was a close fight. The crowd, you can hear they thought I won.[Kovalev] did everything I expected him to do. He started to show up as I expected. He started to fight like I expected. My coach [Virgil Hunter] did a great job.Kovalev, who was making his ninth title defense, strongly disagreed with the scoring.Its the wrong decision. I dont want to say my opinion, he said. The witnesses are here. They saw it. Its my job. It was a fight of my life. I am disappointed in the judges decision.[Ward] got maybe a few rounds. I agree with that. I kept control. I lost maybe three rounds the whole fight. It is the USA and all the judges were from the USA. Its a sport. Dont make it politics. Its a sport, and I won the fight.Main Events promoter Kathy Duva, Kovalevs promoter, also was not happy with the decision.My impression was that was the wrong decision, she said. We thought he was clearly ahead on points. I think Ward could have a great career in the UFC. I havent seen so much wrestling since Conor McGregor in the UFC card last week.Ward did initiate many clinches, and referee Robert Byrd did little to stop it, allowing the fighters to work their way out of it.I thought for sure it was not going to be a one-way fight, but the wrestling was outrageous, Duva said. The referee didnt do anything about it, and Im really upset. [Kovalev] won the first six rounds, and he had a knockdown. How the hell did he lose a decision??Ward will likely have to face Kovalev in a rematch. Duva said her side would exercise its right to an immediate rematch.Were going to get him back in the ring as soon as we can and right this wrong, Duva said.Kovalev agreed.Of course, I want a rematch, and I will kick his ass, Kovalev said. I want to show good boxing.Michael Yormark of Roc Nation Sports, Wards promoter, said it was too soon to talk about a sequel and declined to acknowledge the rematch clause.Its too early to discuss a rematch at this point, Yormark said. Andre will enjoy the moment, spend time with his family and, obviously, embrace those three belts. Well decide where we go from here over the next weeks.Ward offered his take.Of course, I would do a rematch, Ward said. I am not going to negotiate a fight right now. I will go home and relax and see whats next.Ward, a 2004 U.S. Olympic gold medalist, got off to a very rough start, as Kovalev appeared to hurt him midway through the opening round with a stiff left jab that forced Ward to grab on to him around the waist.Ward (31-0, 15 KOs) had blood coming from his right nostril early in the second round. Then a left hand and a right drove him into the ropes. Moments later, Kovalev connected with a booming right hand to the forehead, and Ward went down to all fours. It was only the second time in Wards career he had been knocked down. Ward made it out of the round but looked a bit shaky and tried to hold Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) in the third round.When Kovalev, who earned $2 million but stands to earn much more because of his percentage of the promotion, got rough in response to Ward holding him, Byrd warned them to knock it off.I knew it was going to be a tough fight, Ward said of the knockdown. I think after the second-round knockdown, he realized I wasnt going anywhere and I was stepping on the gas. Technically, theres always stuff I can pick apart. I wasnt happy about that knockdown, but I didnt panic. I was at peace. Now its time to really get to work. I wasnt hurt by it. As a matter of fact, I wasnt hurt by anything he threw.Byrd was busy throughout the fight, breaking hard clinches -- many of which were initiated by Ward?as he tried to come inside and avoid Kovalevs big punches.The great speed and slickness of Ward was not very evident, as Kovalev popped him with jabs and right hands. Ward got off some good shots, but Kovalev walked right through them. But whatever speed and defense Ward lacked, he showed immense toughness and guile under a constant assault from Krusher Kovalev, known as one of boxings most devastating punchers.Your last fight is always the most important, but I really needed this, said Ward, who has not lost a fight since he was a 13-year-old amateur. It was about those in-the-trenches moments. Sergey has no inside game, so I focused on my midrange and my inside game, and that made all the difference.Ward, who earned a career-high $5 million, had a strong seventh round. He landed a clean stiff jab that got Kovalevs attention and excited the crowd. Moments later, both fighters were warned by Byrd for hitting behind the head while in a clinch. And even though Kovalev landed a hard left hand late in the round, Ward, 32, of Oakland, California, returned fire.There was a lot of back-and-forth action in the ninth round, but Ward had some big moments, lashing Kovalev, 33, a Russia native living in Los Angeles, with shots that sent him ducking under the top ring rope and brought the crowd to its feet.They continued to go at each other in the 10th round. Ward landed a good left hand that backed Kovalev up, and Ward stuffed a left jab down the middle that connected cleanly. It was an exciting round that was hard to score.The 11th round was another close one, with Kovalev landing a hard jab and right hand but Ward coming right back with a solid left hook. Kovalev had Ward on the run in the final seconds of the round.Sensing the decision victory might be up for grabs in the 12th round, the boxers responded with toe-to-toe action and rough stuff on the inside during clinches. They did not let up until the final bell, and then they fell into an embrace when it was over.This is a good feeling, Hunter said. We were a little careless with that knockdown in the second round, but we landed the cleaner punches. Kovalev was aggressive but not effective. Thats why we won. Im happy for Andre.According to CompuBox punch statistics, Kovalev landed 126 of 474 punches (27 percent), and while Ward threw and landed fewer punches (116 of 337) than Kovalev, Ward landed at a higher percentage (34 percent).Ward, who unified super middleweight world titles by rolling through the 2009 to 2011 Super Six World Boxing Classic, was fighting his first top opponent since a dominant 2012 knockout of then-light heavyweight champion Dawson, who dropped down in weight to challenge him. Ward had some long layoffs in the ensuing years because of injuries and a battle over his promotional contract, but he signed with Roc Nation Sports in 2015 and was fighting for the fourth time since then.But Ward, already a probable Hall of Famer even before the win against Kovalev, shied away from lauding himself.Its hard for me to call myself great, he said. At the end of the day, I am a two-weight division champion. Lebron James Sneakers WholesaleLebron James Shoes Canada . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. http://www.cheaplebronshoescanada.com/ . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Lebron James Shoes Discount . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Cheap Lebron Shoes Canada . Blackwood, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League. Cricket Australias head of security Sean Carroll has arrived in Dhaka to observe the security measures in place for Englands ongoing tour of the country. Australia are due to arrive in Bangladesh in August 2017 to fulfil the two-Test tour of 2015 that was postponed due to security concerns.Nizamuddin Chowdhury, the BCB chief, said Carrolls visit was encouraging.Carroll travelled with the England teams convoy from their hotel to the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur to sample the security arrangements. It is understood that he will further examine the security during the second Bangladesh-England Test starting on Friday.The move is seen as a positive consequence of Englands willingness to tour after being given security assurances by the Bangladesh government following concerns because of the July 1 terrorist attack in Dhaka.We are aware of Sean Carrolls arrival, Chowdhury told ESPNcricinfo. He came ttoday and travelled with the England convoy to take a practical look at the security arrangements.dddddddddddd He will be here for a few days. During the England tour, the Australia high commission has also kept in touch with us about the security arrangements.It is certainly an encouraging sign, as it shows that they are keen to have a look at our security arrangements and are positive about coming in August next year.Australia deferred the tour of Bangladesh last year following a government advisory. Cricket Australia did not send their team for this years U-19 World Cup in Bangladesh either. Although chief executive James Sutherland had said in April that they were keen to fulfil their commitments in 2017, the terror attacks in Dhaka on July 1 put question marks on the tour. ' ' '