Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

29.05.2019 06:04
other passions and interests also fue Antworten

Virginia Tech athletic director Whit Babcock said Thursday that a former assistant coach at the school received game plan information from Wake Forest radio broadcaster Tommy Elrod before the schools played in 2014.Virginia Tech is the second ACC school that admitted it accepted information from Elrod. On Tuesday, Wake Forest said in a statement that Elrod provided or attempted to provide proprietary information to opponents since 2014.Louisville said Wednesday that offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway received plays before the Wake Forest game in November. Galloway and Elrod had known each other since 2007 and coached together at Wake Forest.Army also said it has been contacted by Wake Forest as a result of its widespread investigation.Former Hokies coach Frank Beamer denied being aware of any improprieties in a statement released through Virginia Tech on Thursday afternoon.I can assure you, that while I was the head coach at Virginia Tech, I had no knowledge of what is being alleged, Beamer said. Ive built my entire career and life on doing things the right way, and that will never change.It is unclear which Virginia Tech assistant received information from Elrod, who has since been fired by IMG Radio Network and banned from Wake Forest athletics and facilities.We have recently been made aware that a former Wake Forest staff member provided one of our former assistant coaches some game-plan information prior to our game in 2014, Babcock said in a statement. We have no indication at this time that any of this information was shared with any other staff members, nor utilized during the game itself. However, should new information become available, we will be forthcoming and transparent.We hold ourselves to a higher standard at Virginia Tech. We are disappointed and embarrassed that this type of information was distributed to, and apparently received by, one of our former assistant coaches. The distribution of this type of information among peers or rivals is wrong and not in the vein of sportsmanship and integrity that we demand and expect for this. I personally apologize to the coaches, student-athletes, administration, alumni, students and fans of Wake Forest University.Babcock continued, I am also aware of former head coach Frank Beamers and current defensive coordinator Bud Fosters public remarks yesterday as to having no knowledge of the situation, and I believe both of them wholeheartedly. It should also be noted that there is no known connection of any kind to our current coaching staff, who were hired in 2015. We will, of course, comply fully with the ACC and all relevant parties as this unfortunate situation unfolds.Also Thursday, Florida State put out a statement that said nobody at the school has had any involvement in the scandal.No one from the Florida State Football staff had any interaction with Mr. Elrod. That includes no phone calls, text messages or emails, the Seminoles statement said.The ACC said in a statement Wednesday it wanted the full results of Wake Forests investigation before determining a course of action against schools that received the proprietary information.Wake Forest defeated Virginia Tech 6-3 in double overtime on Nov. 22, 2014. Louisville defeated Wake Forest 44-12 on Nov. 12 of this season. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Custom Jerseys Sale . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. http://www.baseballjerseyscustom.com/ . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. Clearance Custom Baseball Jerseys .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Custom Baseball Jerseys China . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. AnniversaryIts 8 p.m. on Thursday, June 16, and it just so happens that its a special day for Will Chobra Cho. As he takes the time to reflect on the past few years of what hes done in esports, he realizes the day marks his one-year anniversary at ESL.Much has happened since his latest job switch, a role he stepped into after being an on-camera host, caster and translator for the South Korean broadcaster OnGameNet. As Creative Producer (since the interview, Chobra has been promoted to Senior Producer)at ESL, Chobras job is to help visualize and bring to life an artistic vision for esports tournament broadcasts. Hes well qualified for it; his resume includes some of the biggest events in the industry for games like StarCraft II and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.It shouldnt come as a surprise that Chobras career took him to a creative position at ESL. After all, he honed his skills at one of the earliest premier stages of esports all the way in South Korea. Hes been immersed in both American and South Korean influences, offering him a lens into both cultures. And hes turned that duality into his advantage.Life here, and life thereChobra spent the first few years of his life in the United States. He was born in Akron, Ohio, and spent some time in California before his father was offered a job in South Korea. Chobra was four years old, and the whole packed up and moved across the Pacific. Though immersed in a Korean language environment at school during some of his most formative years, he credits his mother for encouraging him to continue his English. My mom taught English [in South Korea] at the time. She tutored English, he recounts. She would make sure I read books in English, watch movies, like Disney movies, without the subtitles and just keep that up.All of that would prove to have another purpose, as his mother always had the intention of bringing Chobra and his older sister back to the United States. It wasnt until age 11 that he returned stateside.Until that point, Chobra was attending primary school in South Korea, which he recounts with much amusement. While his sister was always a good student, he remarks that he wasnt, at least in his sisters eyes.My sister was, you know, all about [the Korean educational culture]. Super cutthroat, making sure she always had to get like first or second place, he laughs. It wasnt so much that young Chobra was bad at schoolwork, but rather that his interests lay elsewhere.The violin was one of those passions; it played a large role throughout a number of Chobras school years. He took up the instrument in the second grade and continued playing all the way until the last year of high school.The violin was at the center of my life, Chobra comments. His sister had started playing the cello when he was in the first grade, which became the driving force for him to pester his mother for an instrument of his own. She told me, Hey, lets hold off, your sister just started. Lets see how that goes, and if after a year you still tell me you want to play it, then you can join in too. He had always wanted to learn, and didnt let that delay deter him. Almost exactly one year after that talk with his mom, he asked her again and picked up the violin.That started a foray into a world of summer music camps, competitions and the development of an ambition: to become a solo violinist. Chobra dedicated a lot of time to the instrument and kept up just good enough grades as a backup plan, as he puts it. It was a goal that drove him, but it slowly began to lose its appeal. For one thing, Chobras father wasnt such a big fan of his solo violinist dreams.My dad didnt really support it as a career, he says. Along with the pressure to have a backup plan due to his fathers disapproval, Chobra discusses another reason why he chose to give up his violinist dreams. No matter what you do, if you want to take it as a job, theres going to be politics and bureaucracy that you kind of have to adhere to, to get around. And that was another thing I didnt think I wanted to compromise on.College, MLG and OGNArmed with those self-proclaimed not-top-of-the-line grades, Chobra began attending Columbia University. I switched my major from freshman through sophomore year about seven times, he laughs. After taking Computer Science for about a year and a half, and then finally deciding on a Political Science major, he continued on until the midterm season of his last Spring Semester at the university. That was when Chobra took the leave of absence that would change everything.Hes talked about the leave a few times in video interviews and the variety of reasons that motivated it. But it was during this time in 2012 that he took the leap to immerse himself in competitive gaming broadcasts, having experienced some of the South Korean esports broadcasts in person when he was young.I had always been interested in any form of broadcasting, he explains. I saw that esports broadcasting was starting to take off once again in America. Having found something that combined things that he enjoyed, Chobra was intrigued. I figured, all right, I took time off, this is something that joins a hobby and very big interest of mine, lets give it a shot.There are many accounts of this whirlwind romance with esports. They all start something like this: during the summer of 2012, Chobra, on leave from school, goes to New York, comes across the Major League Gaming studios, and is able to bump elbows with the likes of team Azubu Blaze, esports journalist Rod Slasher Breslau, MLG staff, and caster Christopher MonteCristo Mykles (at the time representing the now-defunct League of Legends site GGChronicle). Chobra ended up being offered two opportunities at the studios: translating for MLG at future events and writing for MonteCristos GGChronicle. I signed on for both, he says.Soon afterward, when MonteCristo accepted a commentator position in South Korea, Chobra took over for casting League of Legends in the weekly MLG League Championship Series qualifiers.Working with MonteCristo as a contributor, Chobra built up the relationship that would net him the next jump in his career. OGN had been looking for potential hires, and MonteCristo, working with said broadcasting company at the time, recommended him to them, as he had experience in both translating and casting.I straight up didnt know what to do, especially with the OGN offer, Chobra says. I had this sudden fear: what if Im taking too many risks at once? With the new year rapidly approaching, Chobra finally decided to take the plunge and moved to South Korea, having accepted a job offer with OnGameNet to help with their global operations efforts. I kind of wore many hats, he chuckles. I did all the menial things from moderatingg the chat at the time, all the way to translating the interviews live for [League Champions Korea].ddddddddddddWhen asked how he kept up his Korean, Chobra replies that by going to school in South Korea, he naturally was able to balance both languages. Plus, he had always conversed with the older family members and friends surrounding him. He laughs that whenever his family would have a gathering, it would be up to him to communicate with the older generation for his sister and his cousins. My cousins couldnt speak Korean. And my sister was shy, so any communication between the kids and the adults would be done through me.It came in handy when he began to work in South Korea; OGN colleagues would comment favorably on his fluency. Since a majority of his Korean was kept up through watching Korean shows and by talking to adults, his awareness of proper vocabulary surprised the people he worked with. If anything, I had trouble learning slang when I moved back to South Korea, Chobra says.About a year into his role at OGN, many of the hats that he had worn fell away, and he focused more on casting and on-camera duties. This meant that the numerous small things he had been involved with in the early days of the global team were lifted off his shoulders. Though at times the work was difficult and the hours long, the memories of staying overnight at the office are ones he remembers fondly. It was also a place where he learned and experienced many things. But in the end, he wanted to experience something more.I wanted to be more of a presenter than like an analyst or just game play-by-play, he says. My goal was, hey, make the broadcast as a whole. He set his sights beyond the job he cut his teeth on. I always knew eventually I was going look for a job back in the West, he says.Go west, young manSo, when the offer came from ESL for Chobra to join as talent and broadcast personnel, he accepted. He decided that he wanted to be more than just a host for the span of his career, and the Creative Producer aspect of his job title would help him sink his teeth into learning more of the production work behind it all.In a statement on his tumblr, Chobra said: My visions and OGNs visions for me didnt line up at the end of the road, and Ive always enjoyed working with ESL and watching ESL productions. Im very excited to join and be a part of that, and I hope that you continue to have faith in the fact that Im here to make esports more fun for us all. I want to enjoy it, and I want you to enjoy it with me.In the ESL role, Chobra focused on creating firsts. He explains that, due to his experience in the South Korean esports scene, he was well-equipped to pave the road for something new. Plus, he saw that the producers and directors of these events were constantly trying new things and pushing the envelope, something that he really wanted to do. I felt that I had the advantage of being able to really take in both Korean and American culture, both inside and outside of esports, Chobra states. I wanted to use that advantage to try to further new ideas in esports broadcasting.Though he was always interested in Dota 2 and StarCraft, he did not pursue working in these games from the get-go. The reasoning behind it, Chobra explains, was that the community was hard to break into as someone starting out. By joining ESL, opportunities in these other games opened up naturally, something that seemed to be a definite plus.The criticism that probably hurts me the most is when people tell me that they think Im fake, Chobra says. A lot of times it happens in my first or second time for a new game. He comments that it probably stemmed from his initial inability to understand all the inside jokes casters would make. Its very easy for them to believe that youre just doing that because you have to, he remarks. But at the same time, to me, its like I wouldnt have accepted this event even though its internally at ESL if I didnt think I could legitimately enjoy it.Despite the negative comments that he gets, his goal is always to let his sincerity shine through. [I] just [want to] let them know that Im super excited to be here. Im going to draw that emotion out of the crowd and the people Im interviewing, and thats my goal, he says.Chobra has invested a great deal of effort into improving his work. Criticisms of his Korean pronunciation have been posted on various Korean community forums and poked fun at the fact that his Korean, touched with a rolling American accent, sounded funny to native ears. Despite the reassurances of the respected veteran broadcasters working alongside him, he took those comments to heart, and they spurring him to try and improve for the next time. Its won him a lot of fans, Western and Korean alike.When asked about how he feels about the nickname Godbra that Korean fans have endearingly bestowed upon him, Chobra laughs, One, Its an honor. More than anything, Im just very thankful, I guess?Producing and following ambitious dreams of furthering esports broadcasting aside, Chobra mentions that translating will always be a big core to who he is as a figure in esports. He comments that his style is more interpretation than word-for-word translation and stresses that it is better to take that risk in order to portray the entire picture. Relaying the essence of whats being said is ultimately better than a literal translation. The only exception? When I dont really know the player very well, he says.Chobra has used his position at the intersection of two cultures to understand what esports fans of each side like - and want - from their esports experiences. Ultimately, there are many similarities. But its knowing what the differences are, and being able to cater to them effectively, thats helped him craft his space at the forefront of bridging these two scenes.As a Korean-American, a child of two cultures, it isnt easy to fit into the boxes of what is Korean and whats American. But Chobra has come to terms with being both. Sometimes Im more Korean about some things and sometimes Im more American, and thats okay, he comments. You know, Im both. Im Korean-American; thats fine.Since hes built his career on being able to wield that duality, traversing both cultures is what lies at the very core, even as other passions and interests also fuel him. Ive gotten to where I am because of who I am, and I really want to stay true to that, he says. At the helm of it all, however, is one firm belief that Chobra is adamant about: being the interface between South Korea and the West. I want to represent the people and this culture [of South Korea], he declares. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz