Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

31.07.2019 03:45
even if its a risky proposition Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Cleveland Indians hope Wednesdays rally will help turn things around. Michael Brantley hit a sacrifice fly in the 12th inning and the Indians came back to beat the Minnesota Twins 9-8. Carlos Santana and Jason Giambi homered for the Indians, who won for just the third time in 10 games. Joe Mauer tied a career high with five hits for Minnesota. "When you get a win like today where you go back and forth ... its definitely crucial," said Mike Aviles, who had a pair of RBIs. Nick Swisher and Jason Kipnis singled off Ryan Pressly (3-3) to open the 12th. Swisher moved to third on a fly out and scored easily on Brantleys fly out to centre field. Chris Perez (5-2) blew a save but got the win. Joe Smith earned his second save, including a strikeout of Mauer to end the game. Santana homered off Glen Perkins in the 10th to give Cleveland an 8-7 lead. Mauer responded in the bottom half with a shot off Perez. The Indians, who trail Detroit by six games in the AL Central, were swept at home by the Tigers last week and then lost two of three at home to the Los Angeles Angels. After losing 3-0 to the Twins on Monday, Cleveland has won two straight. The Indians open a three-game series Friday at Oakland before playing three at the Angels. "We just need to keep trying to win series. I think the biggest thing is going game-by-game and hopefully the series will start piling up," Aviles said. Cleveland trailed 7-3 entering the eighth inning. After the first two batters reached base against Casey Fien, Brantley had an RBI single and Giambi followed with a three-run homer that tied it. "Im a strike thrower. Im going to pitch to contact, and today they got me," Fien said. "I left the ball up in the zone to Giambi, and he hurt me." Minnesota starter Kyle Gibson allowed six hits and three earned runs in 5 1-3 innings, the fourth straight start hes failed to go at least six innings. Josh Roenicke, Caleb Thielbar and Jared Burton pitched 1 2-3 innings of scoreless relief before Fien struggled in the eighth. "Caseys been lights out, one of the better setup guys in our league, since we put him in that role," manager Ron Gardenhire said. Looking to build on the confidence gained from pitching one-hit ball in five relief innings last Friday, Cleveland starter Carlos Carrasco allowed 10 hits and four earned runs in 4 1-3 innings. Carrasco, who was recalled from Triple-A Friday, is winless in seven starts this year and hasnt won since June 29, 2011, at Arizona. "Consistently, from start to start he holds his stuff very well, but he just makes too many mistakes. A lot of times you cant get away with one mistake to good hitters. Theres times where he makes one or two or three during an at-bat and hes paying for it," manager Terry Francona said. Mauer, who singled and moved to third on a double by Justin Morneau, scored on a first-inning sacrifice fly by Josh Willingham. Morneau then scored on a double by Oswaldo Arcia. Brain Dozier and Mauer had RBI singles in the second to give Minnesota a 4-0 lead. The Twins went 6 for 13 with runners in scoring position after going 3 for 48 over their last six games. Minnesota entered the game last in the American League, hitting .230 in such situations. Mauer hit a two-run single in the sixth and Chris Colabello an RBI single in the seventh to make it 7-3. NOTES: Mauer has five five-hit games in his career. The previous one was July 26, 2010, at Kansas City. ... The Indians have signed Cuban free agent RHP Leandro Linares to a minor league contract and sent the 19-year-old to their player development complex in Goodyear, Ariz. ... Twins GM Terry Ryan said that C-DH-OF Ryan Doumit is expected to be activated from the seven-day concussion DL "in the next couple days." ... Twins SS Pedro Florimon singled in the second to end his 19 at-bat hitless streak. ... Minnesota is scheduled to send Mike Pelfrey (4-10, 5.32) to the mound Thursday in the opener of a four-game home series against the White Sox. Chicago is scheduled to counter with Andre Rienzo (0-0, 2.95). ... Clevelands Justin Masterson (13-8, 3.59) is scheduled to face the As A.J. Griffin (10-8, 3.88) Friday in Oakland. Anthony Mantha Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Kris Draper Jersey . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/tyler-bertuzzi-jersey/ . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Nicklas Lidstrom Red Wings Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Andreas Athanasiou Red Wings Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. PHILADELPHIA -- Trust The Process, Joel Embiid says after finishing up a 24-minute interview session at Sixers media day, eliciting some laughs from reporters in the room. Embiid has not played a game since March 1, 2014, but it appears thats about to change.The 22-year-old center, who has been forced to sit out the first two seasons of his NBA career due to multiple foot surgeries, says he expects to play in Philadelphias preseason opener against Boston on Oct. 4.Ive been through a lot, Embiid said, citing his injuries, his teams on-court struggles and the death of his brother in Africa. Its been really hard.Embiid is in really good spirits now, however. He may be on a minutes restriction and unable to play in back-to-backs, but his self-confidence is evident.I havent played in two years, but my game has gotten so much better, he said. If you watch the game tape, Im not the same guy. Im going to make mistakes, but Im going to be just fine.Embiid, a 7-footer who says he weighs 275 pounds, was chosen by former GM Sam Hinkie -- the man whose process paid off in the form of high lottery picks Embiid, Ben Simmons, Dario Saric and Nerlens Noel -- with the No. 3 overall selection in the 2014 draft. He has the potential to be a game-changer on both offense and defense if he can stay healthy.From what it looks like right now, Im going to have about a 20-year career, Embiid said, jokingly. I think of myself as a complete player.Embiid averaged 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in 28 games at Kansas before injuring his back and missing the NCAA tournament as a result. He struggled with his decision to leave college after just his freshman season, he said, and was seriously contemplating a return to school before mentor Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and other NBA players convinced him to change his mind and enter the draft.Embiid didnt think he could handle living on his own at such a young age, but each year he has grown and matured through adversity.dddddddddddd He has no regrets about leaving early, and while he loves watching his old college games, he cant stand watching college basketball anymore.I feel like they dont know how to play, Embiid said, citing a lack of spacing at the collegiate level.Embiid is stronger, better, faster now, yearning to dominate in the post and expand his game out to the 3-point line. And yes, he has aspirations of learning how to play point guard, too, because of course he does.During the rehab-setback-rehab-setback-rehab process, Embiid says he has learned to be patient.Given that their team has lost 199 games the past three seasons, Sixers fans have, too. But equipped with an exciting young core of bigs, the future is brighter than ever.Now its up to new GM Bryan Colangelo to balance out the roster as the franchise looks to take the next step in its rebuilding efforts.Even though hes yet to suit up, Embiids fun-loving and affable personality has always been on full display. Just check out his social media accounts. After all, what other player has asked Kim Kardashian to slide into his DMs and arm-wrestled Justin Bieber?Its all part of the package that is Joel Embiid.The process is about to be put to the test yet again. The Sixers and their fans have no choice but to trust it.When it comes to this kid, you want to, even if its a risky proposition. Just listen to him talk.My coaches sometimes say Im a little bit too competitive, Embiid said. But I want to win, and I feel like we should win every game. Thats all I care about -- especially in this city where theyve been looking for a team to win. Im glad the Eagles are doing well, so I think its our turn. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz