Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

09.09.2019 07:21
, said GM Jim Nill. Hes stayed true to his foundation, h Antworten

After he won his first ATP-level tournament, more than a decade ago in San Jose, California, 18-year-old Andy Murray credited his girlfriend, Kim Sears, with keeping him calm and composed. His then-coach Mark Petchey had stayed home in England, and Sears, the daughter of a tennis coach, watched her future husband play a tournament for the first time.Howd that work out?Back in February, the two welcomed Sophia Olivia into the world, and it immediately became a very different place. Murray didnt hit a ball for two weeks, something that hadnt happened since his back surgery two years earlier.Normally after a week or so, I want to hit a few balls, he told Mens Health in June. When I got back to doing stuff, I felt much better for it.After an indifferent return, in which he failed to win a title in four tries, Murray has triumphed in eight of the 11 tournaments hes played. There were back-to-back wins at Wimbledon and the Olympic games -- when he became the first ever to repeat as a singles gold medalist -- and four straight championships to end to the season. The last, in Paris, brought him the No. 1 ranking, a career obsession.Uh, howd that work out?I dont think it affected the tennis so much, but it definitely gave me perspective, Murray explained. I had to think a little bit more about whats important.Whats important at this weeks Barclays ATP World Tour Finals is carrying that No. 1 ranking into the offseason. Toward that end, Murray has made a critical adjustment. For the first time at this tournament hes never won, hes not staying at a local hotel.Rather, hes making the one-hour commute to the O2 Arena from his home in Oxshott, Surrey.On Wednesday night, presumably, he was home in time for a proper dinner and, perhaps, a change of his daughters nappies. And, rest assured, Murray will find himself in an extraordinary frame of mind.Earlier, when Kei Nishikori, hitting out of his shoes, won the first-set tiebreaker (on his fifth set point), Murray did not hurl expletives in the direction of his box. Instead, he muttered a few choice thoughts mostly to himself.That Murray ultimately prevailed 6-7 (9), 6-4, 6-4 was a testament to his new-and-improved frame of mind. It required 3 hours, 21 minutes -- the longest three-set match on record at the year-end event -- and he never regressed into Sour, Dour Andy.As a result, hes on a 21-match victory tear and 2-0 in London -- the first time hes started 2-0 in the year-end event since Shanghai in 2008. If Marin Cilic defeats Stan Wawrinka in the evening match, Murray is into Saturdays semifinals no matter what happens in Fridays third round-robin match.Murray was the runner-up in his first four Grand Slam finals, from 2008 to 2012, and one of his consistent features was an insufferable on-court attitude. Negative body language and a tendency to vent at his support crew were some of the reasons his former coach, Amelie Mauresmo, concluded she could no longer help him.He can still be a prickly presence; there were times against Nishikori when you could sense the surly Murray hovering just below the surface. But he kept his rage largely to himself, in a hand-over-the mouth sort of way. Hes learned to care just a little bit less -- and that has freed him in the same way that Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic embraced fatherhood.After Murray beat Cilic in the first round-robin match, he was asked the inevitable question about the correlation between his evolving family life and the No. 1 ranking.Ive been dealing with wins and losses much better than I did in the past I think just because I have something else thats more important, Murray explained. Throughout the year, Im not having so many ups and downs, because Im not sort of getting too high after wins or too down after losses, which was maybe the case in the past.When I won in Paris, it was great. I really enjoyed that. But then you come home and youre back with your family. Youre just back to normal. So I feel just a bit more sort of even-keeled through the year. Ederson Moraes Manchester City Jersey . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Raheem Sterling Jersey .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop.com/Authentic-Aymeric-Laporte-Manchester-City-Jersey/ . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. Phil Foden Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Brahim Diaz Jersey .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. LAS VEGAS -- We talk easily of the sacrifices players make when it comes to things like the Olympics or the World Cup of Hockey.Its a term that rolls easily off the tongue. My good pal Pierre LeBrun recently wrote about how?Matt Duchene played through a separated shoulder and helped Canada earn its third consecutive championship in best-on-best hockey.But what if the notion of sacrifice means something else -- like, say, the sacrifice of choosing not to play for your country? Does it mean the sacrifice is any less meaningful? Or difficult?Just ask Jamie Benn about these matters. The Dallas Stars captain won an Olympic gold medal with Canada in Sochi in 2014 and was one of the first 16 Canadians named to the World Cup roster back in early March.But as he was recovering from offseason core muscle surgery, Benn realized that he could not do what would be expected of him -- and what he would expect of himself -- at the World Cup and then still be the captain he is expected to be -- and that he expects himself to be -- when the NHL regular season began. So he stayed home.It was disappointing, but I think youve got to look at the bigger picture, and the bigger picture was being ready for this year with the Stars, said Benn recently. Obviously, we want to make another long run and build off last year. I think I did the smart thing by not jumping into it and going to the World Cup and risking further injury. Its disappointing, but I made the right decision and I feel good right now.It was the second summer in a row that Benn has undergone an offseason procedure. The issues havent been serious, relatively speaking, but Benn has planned the procedures so he would not miss time during the regular season. That said, Benns summers have been spent rehabbing and resting, as opposed to doing normal summer activities.I couldnt golf, Benn said. I didnt get a round of golf in this summer. So that sucked.Even in the best of times, however, Benn admits that hes not an accomplished golfer. Im not that good, he said with a laugh.But dont look for Benn to make up for lost golf time during the season. Golf is for the summer, hockey is for the winter, he said.This is a crucial year for the Stars. Because so much of Dallas success runs through Benn, it is a crucial year for the 27-year-old Victoria, British Columbia, native too.There are a handful of players in the NHL who can impose their will on a game, said longtime NHL executive and analyst Frank Provenzano. Benn is one of them.Benn takes wearing the C seriously, says Provenzano. There is noo doubt this is his team and his room, Provenzano said of Benn.dddddddddddd. I think his decision to forego the World Cup in order to be ready for the season opener is proof of that.The Stars are coming off a surprise Central Division crown and a trip to the second round of the playoffs. But in the end, injuries and suspect goaltending let Dallas down in its seven-game series loss to the St. Louis Blues.I think we got a little bit of an eye-opener just at the end of last year, Benn said. We found out that its not easy just to get through two rounds. We got through one but couldnt make it through the second, so we know that it takes that much more effort. It takes a whole team effort.Benn is coming off a career-best 41-goal campaign and a career-best 89 points in 2015-16. And while the Stars are as deep as they have been since their glory days in the late 1990s, Benn is the emotional fulcrum of the team. I think Im learning to be a better player, better captain every time I come to the rink, Benn said.And heres the thing: It doesnt get any easier. Not if you want to take those painful last few steps to a championship. Many players and teams never make it.I think that hes been the model of trying to lead the team and play the game the right way, said Stars head coach Lindy Ruff. First you do it on the ice. Hes a big believer in what were doing. And when he goes out and does it, hes a guy the players love to follow.With that respect, comes added responsibility.He understands with the success or where we finished last year comes more pressure this year to try to duplicate where were at, Ruff added.The Stars will begin the season with some uncertainty because of injuries to key personnel, including Tyler Seguin, who also missed the World Cup of Hockey. Sequin suffered a hairline fracture of his heel during pre-tournament play. Winger?Ales Hemsky suffered a groin injury during the World Cup and is still rehabbing. Mattias Janmark and Cody Eakin are also unlikely to be in the opening-night lineup on Thursday.If there is a constant, though, its Benn and his place in the lineup.Very proud of him and not surprised, said GM Jim Nill. Hes stayed true to his foundation, hes stayed true to his roots. When hes got something to say he says it. But other than that hes a very personable guy, very humble. But he knows now that when theres a time to step up, hes got to step up, and hes taken that upon himself. ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz