Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

11.10.2018 01:00
s like the ankle is obviously a lot better than it was this past week. "Im excited to see him play." The rookie has worked with Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Its Geno Smiths turn to try to prove he should be the New York Jets quarterback this season. In a move that was expected for several days, Rex Ryan announced Thursday that the second-round draft pick will start over Mark Sanchez in the Jets preseason game against the Giants on Saturday night. "Well see how far we take him into this game this week," Ryan said. "Mark will play also. I think (Smith) has looked good and seems like the ankle is obviously a lot better than it was this past week. "Im excited to see him play." The rookie has worked with the first-team offence all week during practice. Smith, in a tightly contested competition with Sanchez, did not play in the Jets last preseason game last Saturday night against Jacksonville because of a sprained ankle. Most NFL teams normally play their starters into the third quarter of the third preseason game, but the Jets wanted to see how Smiths ankle responded this week before deciding on a starter against the Giants. Because Sanchez played three quarters against the Jaguars, the Jets want a better look at Smith in game action. "We want to see him play," offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg said. "Hopefully, hell get the chance to turn it loose and let his natural abilities show up, and his natural style. I think, and I almost know, that hes worked so hard that hes there mentally." Smith has played just two quarters in the preseason after getting hurt while rolling out on a play in the third quarter at Detroit nearly two weeks ago. He was cleared for practice early last week, but struggled on the sore ankle -- capped by what Ryan called a "brutal" performance last Wednesday in which Smith was intercepted four times. He bounced back this week with an outstanding week of practice as his ankle also healed. "Im proud of Geno last week pushing through it," Mornhinweg said. "This week, it was still biting him just a little bit, but he was significantly better." Quarterbacks coach David Lee has seen vast improvement in Smiths footwork along with his command in the huddle since training camp began. "His leadership is starting to show," Lee said. "Its hard when a guy doesnt know everything to be a great leader. But once he knows it, we should see more and more leadership from him." Ryan said the team is still not prepared to select a starter for the regular-season opener against Tampa Bay. While Jacksonville and Philadelphia made decisions on their starting quarterbacks earlier this week, Ryan refuses to put a deadline on the Jets selecting one. "We did say all along that it was going to be an equal competition," Ryan said. "And, I think, obviously, the fact that Geno wasnt able to play last week, you never really saw him when there were live bullets, so to speak. So, it wouldnt be an equal competition had we not played it out this way." Lee added that a strong performance by Smith perhaps still might not be enough for the Jets to select a starter for the season. That means the quarterback competition could potentially go into the final preseason game against Philadelphia next Thursday. "Its been too close to call," Lee said. "I want it clear. I want it cleaner before we make that decision." Lee also acknowledged that he has often gone back and forth on who he thinks the starter should ultimately be. "They come off the field and youre frowning at one and (saying), Atta boy to the other," Lee said. "Im being honest, its kind of been an emotional up-and-down deal: Whos the best one today? Maybe thats our guy. We can do this with him and the other one, we can do this with him. We can do more with this guy in the passing game. "So thats an honest answer." Mornhinweg insisted he hadnt put as much thought into the daily fluctuations of the quarterbacks, preferring to let everything play out. "Mark has had a terrific camp," Mornhinweg said. "Hes had a bunch of ups, and hes had some dips there. Genos had an outstanding camp for a rookie and hes just had a little bit more than a couple of plays in a preseason game. So, well see what happens in this next ballgame. Well see what the outcome is." Ryan also refused to put any parameters on what Smith might need to show against the Giants to be convinced that hes the guy who should start the season under centre. "I think obviously its an evaluation process still that were going through," he said. "I dont want to say, Look, hes got to look like Phil Simms in the Super Bowl." That performance by Simms, of course, was one for the record books when he completed 22 of 25 passes to help the Giants beat the Denver Broncos in 1987. Mornhinweg said the decision will be made when one of the quarterbacks elevates himself above the other, and if that doesnt happen, the team would then go on instincts. "I think I know exactly where Marks at," Mornhinweg said. "Theres no question that I think we can do some very good things with Mark. I dont quite know where Genos at yet, even though we might think we know. But those preseason games are such a good evaluation period for a young man." ---- NOTES: Lee revealed that Sanchez recently had minor surgery to repair an infected toe nail on his right foot. "He doesnt blink, he doesnt tell me, I just happened to hear from somebody else," Lee said. "Hes out there, practices." ... Ryan announced that Vladimir Ducasse will start at LG against the Giants instead of Stephen Peterman, who is getting work at centre to back up Nick Mangold. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Rodney-Gunter-Jersey/ . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/ .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Hats/ . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Kareem-Martin-Jersey/ . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Tj-Logan-Jersey/ . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. MILWAUKEE -- Jeremy Hefner no longer has to worry about the prospect of being sent down to the minors. Hefner allowed one run on two hits over seven innings and the New York Mets turned two throwing errors by Milwaukee third baseman Juan Francisco into two unearned runs and a 2-1 victory over the Brewers on Sunday. "I was maybe one or two bad starts from being in (Triple-A) Las Vegas, "said Hefner, who lost his first five decisions and did not win until his 10th start on May 29. "Something had to change. Obviously the mechanical adjustment was key. And, Im making pitches." Josh Satin had two doubles and a single for the Mets, scoring one run and driving in the other to extend his hitting streak to 11 games. Hefner (4-6), who matched his career-high with eight strikeouts, allowed two runners in the second when he hit Rickie Weeks with two outs and Sean Halton followed with a single. But Hefner struck out Logan Schafer to end the inning. Hefner has a 1.64 ERA since June 4. "I think hes proven himself," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "His stuff is good enough. Hes a legitimate guy in the rotation." Bobby Parnell, who came on with a runner on first and two outs in the eighth, finished for his 15th save. Reliever Tom Gorzelanny (1-2), pressed into his second spot start of the season to give Wily Peralta a couple extra days to rest his ailing left hamstring, allowed two unearned runs on eight hits in six innings, striking out a season-high eight. The Mets hustled across an unearned run in the fourth. With two outs, Satin doubled to centre, narrowly sliding in ahead of the throw from centre fielder Carlos Gomez. Francisco then barehanded Andrew Browns slow bouncer, but his hurried throw eluded Halton at first, allowing Brown to reach and Satin to score. On the replay, it appeared that second baseman Weeks missed thhe initial swipe, but tagged Satin higher on the leg before he reached the bag.dddddddddddd. "Im not saying that was an easy call," said Brewers manager Ron Roenicke, who went out to ask the umpires about the call. "He gets to look at the first swipe that he misses him on. And, its pretty tough to stay with him and see the next part." "Its easy to see when you go back and look at the replay, but he doesnt have that," Roenicke said. "When its in fast motion, its tough to see, but it hurt us." Franciscos second throwing error on almost identical play set up the Mets second run in the sixth. With one out, he again barehanded a slow roller by Marlon Byrd and threw wildly past first, sending Byrd to second. Satin followed with an RBI double off the wall in right. "I just pretend Im playing every day," said Satin, hitting .382 since being called up from Las Vegas on June 11. "I hit in the cages a lot. Im comfortable with my role." Francisco had started 29 games this season for the Atlanta Braves before being acquired by the Brewers on June 3. He has started 21 games at first for Milwaukee, but was making only his third start at third base. When asked if Francisco should have held the ball, Roenicke said, "You dont want to eat it. If he makes the throw online, hes going to beat the runner. I think both times and if you throw it and put it online, theyre out." NOTES: Ruben Tejada returned from his rehab assignment with Triple-A Las Vegas, was reinstated from the 15-day disabled list and then optioned back to Las Vegas. ... Hefner has allowed two earned runs or fewer in his last seven starts, the first Mets pitcher to do since Johan Santana had 13 straight in 2008-09. ... Norichika Aokis eighth-inning single was his 22nd infield hit, third-most in baseball. 19:50ET 07-07-13 Wholesale NFL Gear Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz