Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

11.10.2018 01:00
pass near the blue line during the power play. Abdelkader easily skated away from Sheldon Souray and beat Hiller on a breakaway Antworten

LONDON -- To see middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin and welterweight titlist Kell Brook stand face to face to pose for photos -- and then shake hands like the true pros that they are -- following Thursdays final news conference one would never guess that Brook is coming up two weight divisions to challenge the most feared man in boxing.They look roughly the same size, but that is just what Brook is going to do when they meet in a fight with potentially historic implications on Saturday (HBO, 5:30 p.m. ET/PT with a replay at 10 p.m. ET/PT) at the sold-out O2 Arena.Brook (36-0, 25 KOs), 30, who will have his home country behind him, admittedly has struggled to make the welterweight limit of 147 pounds in recent fights, but he has done it. He has defended his world title three times, all by knockout, since traveling to the United States and upsetting Shawn Porter to claim the belt by majority decision in August 2014.This fight couldnt have come at a better time for Kell. Hes been looking to move up in weight for a long, long time but we pursued the route to the welterweight title, trainer Dominic Ingle said. But we had 20-week training camps just to get down to weight. Theres been times we had him on special diets so he could safely make the weight. People are now realizing that Kell Brook is not a small guy, a welterweight stepping up to challenge a middleweight.This is the only time Ive seen him happy in a training camp. Never had a smile on his face when he had to make 147, but this time hes been happy the whole training camp as he makes 160.Indeed, at various mandated weight checks, Brook outweighed Golovkin each time and looks strong at his new weight.He wanted to face top names in the loaded welterweight division, just like Golovkin has wanted to at middleweight, but neither could get any takers. When Brooks promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, offered him Golovkin -- when Golovkins fight with contender Chris Eubank Jr. went south -- Brook immediately accepted. He is that confident in himself.I am happy with the decision to make this enormous fight, and the sold-out crowd and the viewing figures on TV will prove that this is a massive fight, Brook said. Everyone in boxing knows that I am a big guy. People who dont know think that the weight is going to be an issue. Im more vicious in sparring when I am around 160 pounds or coming down from heavier than that. Thats where I am healthier in training and I can give so much more output in the gym, and that means the full 100 percent will come from me in the fight.I believe [the result is] written and I will shock the world Saturday night.He and Hearn believe a win would be the biggest in British boxing history. If some disagree there is no question it would at least be in the conversation along with fights such as Randy Turpins 15-round decision upset of Sugar Ray Robinson to win the middleweight title in 1951, Ricky Hattons 11th-round knockout of Kostya Tszyu to win the junior welterweight title in 2005 and Tyson Furys decision win over Wladimir Klitschko 10 months ago to win the heavyweight title.Kell is moving up two weight divisions to fight the most feared fighter in world boxing, Hearn said. There have been some huge British wins, but as a one-off win I think this is up there with one of the greatest wins of all time. Brook beating GGG is on another level because youre fighting a top pound-for-pound fighter in his prime. If Hatton would have beaten Floyd Mayweather that possibly would have been the greatest win for a British fighter, but he didnt.Said Brook: I have to say that me winning this fight Saturday night is the biggest win in British history of any era. Me moving up two weight divisions to beat the most feared man on the planet, unified middleweight champion, is the biggest win. Sugar Ray Robinson is my favorite fighter of all time and Turpins win is way up there but you have to put this one off win I will get as the best ever in British history.K2 Promotions Tom Loeffler, who represents Golovkin, has had a bear of time making matches for GGG and was relieved when Brook accepted the fight.We dont have to go through the list of all the full fledged middleweights who have turned down fights, given up titles and negotiated until the 11th hour and then not sign the contract, Loeffler said, referring to opponents such as Canelo Alvarez, Billy Joe Saunders and Eubank. Its unbelievable how difficult it was to find someone to get in the ring with Gennady.But Brook agreed and if he pulls off the upset -- he is a considerable underdog -- he will become only the third reigning welterweight titleholder to move up and win a middleweight world title. The others are all-time greats enshrined in the International Boxing Hall of Fame: Sugar Ray Robinson and Carmen Basilio, both of whom did it in the 1950s.Im going to follow the greats and make history, Brook said. The likes of Felix Trinidad, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao have all moved through the weights to prove they are greats at all weights. Theres a small window of opportunity to do something special and I am going to take my chance to prove that I am a special fighter.The fans pay our wages and I want to give back to the fans. I have been telling them for ages that I want big fights and they havent believed me. They dont know the politics that go on behind the scenes through no fault of my own. Ive had injuries, mandatories. Its been hard to get big fights, and as soon as theres been the window of these big fights happening, Ive been let down by people not wanting to dance.Brooks countryman, Amir Khan, whom he has verbally sparred with for years but never been able to finalize a fight with after multiple attempts, moved up from welterweight to middleweight (albeit at a catch weight) to face lineal champion Alvarez in May but got badly knocked out in the sixth round. Brook does not plan on that happening to him.His moniker throughout his career is The Special One, and now he wants to prove it against no ordinary titleholder. Golovkin (35-0, 32 KOs), 34, the Kazakhstan native fighting out of Santa Monica, California, will be making his 17th title defense. He has knocked out 22 opponents in a row, his knockout percentage of 91.4 is the highest in middleweight title history and he has displayed an iron chin.Yet, Golovkin has shown enormous respect for Brook and sure made it sounds like he presents at least some danger.I respect Kell Brook and his team, Golovkin said. I know he understands for both of us, this is the biggest fight. He looks ready, Im ready. This is a big gift for boxing fans. Not just in the U.K., but for all boxing fans.Kell Brook is a very good boxer and I respect him for taking this fight. He is more than ready. He is an undefeated champion and this will be the biggest fight of my career. He is coming up from welterweight so his speed will be a new test for me. I hope our styles match well to give the fans a present. I want to produce a dramatic show and that is why I have come to London.Brook, however, did not sound like a man preparing to rely on speed. He has quite a bit of thunder in his fists and believes the power will join him in his new weight class.When he feels the power that I have thats going to be a strong, powerful and quick middleweight hitting him, not a welterweight, Brook said. Im going to put it all together. Golovkin is like Mike Tyson -- people have lost before they even get in there with him. Im not interested in what hes going to do. Im focused on what I need to deliver to win.Hearn said he was surprised by the overwhelming response from the public when the bout was announced. This fight has hit fever pitch -- fans coming up to me dozens of times today and asking, Can Kell do it? He looks strong. Is GGG really the beast people say he is, Hearn said.And then Hearn, who needed barely a couple of days to finalize the fight with Loeffler, took a whack at those who fled from sharing a ring with Golovkin.Any fighter who wishes to face Gennady, these are very easy people to deal with, Hearn said. They just want to fight the very best and thats what they are doing with Kell Brook, 35-0 versus 36-0. It doesnt get any bigger or better than this.Hearn, who has a close relationship with Brook, was pleased to be able to deliver such a huge fight to him.There are so many times Ive sat with him and his dad and they said, We want it all, we can beat them all. You just have to give us the chance to show it, Hearn said. On Saturday, he takes the outrageous leap of two weight divisions to a place where he knows he is so comfortable, so much stronger, so much more full of belief. But in front of him he has the toughest, most dangerous fighter in world boxing. But isnt that what the sport is about? Isnt it about the best fighting the best?Two undefeated fighters, two fighters with so much talent, so much skill, so much power, so much grace, in front of 17,000 people, an event that sold out in only [11] minutes. This is what the sport is all about.That, and possible history for Brook, who can truly earn his Special One nickname with a victory. Roberto Luongo Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. Vincent Trocheck Jersey . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. http://www.nhlpanthersauthority.com/authentic-jared-mccann-panthers-jersey/ .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. James Reimer Jersey . LOUIS -- St. Aaron Ekblad Jersey . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Detroit Red Wings had firm control of Game 7 right up until Henrik Zetterberg accidentally shot the puck over the glass in the waning minutes. While the captain sat in the box, the Anaheim Ducks scored on the power play to trim Detroits lead to one goal. Zetterberg worried he had unleashed another crazy finish in this wild series. Instead, the Red Wings coolly wrapped things up on the coast and calmly moved on to an even bigger challenge much closer to home. Zetterberg and Valtteri Filppula each had a goal and an assist, and the Red Wings finished off Anaheim with a 3-2 victory Sunday night. Justin Abdelkader scored a short-handed goal and Jimmy Howard made 31 saves as the seventh-seeded Red Wings won three of the first-round series final four games to oust the Ducks, who had the NHLs third-best record in the regular season. "We did a great job getting off to a good start, and then we protected it there at the end," said Zetterberg, who scored three goals in the series final two games after getting blanked in the first five. "A lot of us have been in tough situations like this before, so we knew how to play this type of game." Detroit faces top-seeded Chicago in the second round, and the Red Wings already are relishing the prospect of shorter flights during their final post-season in the Western Conference. After the clubs played four overtimes in the series first six games, the Red Wings largely dominated the anti-climactic clincher -- and for the first time in the series, the Wings didnt even need overtime to win. Sure, things got tense after Francois Beauchemins power-play goal off Jonathan Ericssons skate in front of Howard with 3:17 to play, but Anaheim never really got close to a tying goal. "It just says theres no quit in this dressing room," Howard said. "The belief in here is we can play with anybody." His penalty notwithstanding, Detroit got a big finish from Zetterberg, their Stanley Cup-winning captain, who scored just 1:49 into Game 7 on a rebound in the slot. Zetterberg finished with seven points in the series final three games after just one assist in the first four. "It was not the best move by me, so it was tough to sit in the box," Zetterberg said. "But we still had a one-goal lead, and weve been in these situations so many times before." After winning a Game 7 on the road for just the third time in their franchises lengthy history, the Red Wings are in the second round for the sixth time in seven seasons. Detroit didnt clinch its 22nd straight playoff spot until its final regular-season game, but the Wings beat Anaheim in a seventh game for the second time in five seasons. The Motor Citys team even prevented the first Freeway Faceoff in NHL playoff history. Anaheim would have faced Los Angeles in the second round, the first post-season matchup for Southern Californias two teams. Emerson Etem also scored and Jonas Hiller stopped 29 shots for the Ducks, who couldnt capitalize on home ice and failed in their second chance to close out their first playoff series since 2009. Another slow start doomed Anaheim, which fell behind 2-1 late in the first period on Abdelkaders goal. "We felt we had a good thing going," Hiller said. "I think everybody thought we were going to go a long way, but it seemed like we didnt find thaat extra step for the playoffs.dddddddddddd Detroit was just a little better than us. Its depressing. It makes you feel sad." The loss completed an ugly flop for Anaheim, which had the best winning percentage in franchise history while winning just its second Pacific Division title during the lockout-shortened season. The Ducks defeat also is a sadly familiar playoff disappointment for coach Bruce Boudreau, who never got the Washington Capitals past the second round after four standout regular seasons with his previous club. The loss also could be the final NHL game for Teemu Selanne, the 42-year-old franchise scoring leader who flirts with retirement every summer. The Finnish Flash said hell take his customary several weeks before deciding his future. "Its very disappointing," Selanne said. "We had two chances to close the series, but couldnt. ... As a group, we have to learn something from this. The playoffs are so much fun. We were looking forward to going forward and enjoying this a whole lot more." Selanne didnt score a goal in the series final six games -- but Corey Perry, the Ducks former 50-goal scorer and NHL MVP, didnt score a goal in the entire series despite 24 shots. "Its not something you think is going to happen," Perry said. "You get the job done throughout the year, but it just didnt seem to be there in this series." The clubs alternated victories until the final two games of the series, with the Ducks taking three straight one-game leads before Detroit caught them. The Wings earned a third trip to California with an overtime win in Game 6 on Friday night -- and they made it count with the Wings fourth win in six appearances at Honda Center this season. Anaheim had another packed house on hand for just the second Game 7 in Honda Centers history, but the Red Wings dominated from the start. Detroit created choking traffic in front of Hiller immediately, and a rebound of Filppulas long shot went straight into the slot for Zetterberg. The Ducks appeared overmatched early, but Etem -- the 20-year-old Long Beach native -- had all the poise his teammates lacked. Etem attempted to dump the puck into the Detroit zone, but instead collected a deflection and skated in on net, firing a shot over a prone defenceman and past Howard for the third goal of his first NHL playoff series. Detroit went right back ahead when Abdelkader stole Beauchemins pass near the blue line during the power play. Abdelkader easily skated away from Sheldon Souray and beat Hiller on a breakaway for his first goal since returning from a two-game suspension. The Red Wings again took control in the second period, and Filppula put them up 3-1 when he jumped on a loose puck and fired a backhand through Beauchemins legs for his first goal of the post-season. NOTES: Anaheim D Toni Lydman missed his fourth straight game since getting hit in the head by Abdelkader, who served a two-game suspension and returned for Game 6. ... The Red Wings scratched C Cory Emmerton for the first time in the series and activated RW Patrick Eaves, who sat out Game 6. D Carlo Colaiacovo stayed in the lineup for the second straight game. ... Anaheims only previous Game 7 at Honda Center was in 1997, when the Ducks beat Phoenix for the franchises first playoff series victory. Selanne was in his first full season with the club. Wholesale NFL Gear Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz