Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

DieBruderschaft.com

Die Junge Mittelalter-Community heißt euch Wilkommen. Hier findet Ihr alles Rund ums Mittelalter wie z.B.: Schwert infos,Infos über frühere Religionen und Musik

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 News
jcy123 Offline

05.01.2019 02:32
cking into a hotel for an MCC match with one of my best mates, Dirk Viljoen of Zimbabwe, I got my own back on these damn Test cr Antworten

Growing up as a cricket-obsessed kid in Colombo, my childhood hero was Allan Border. When he toured Sri Lanka in the early 1980s, I recall feeling so privileged to have been sitting nearby as he walked down the steps at the P Sara Stadium, barely touching distance away. Dream come true. Could it get any better?Many years later, in Sri Lanka and India on a cricket tour that doubled up as a trade mission for the Queensland Government, I captained a team that included AB. The team also included James Hopes. We played against a young Upul Tharanga, Robin Uthappa and Shikhar Dhawan. By then, despite having played alongside AB in club cricket for many years, it was still surreal to cheekily banish my childhood idol to third man while I assumed captaincy privileges at first slip!In the Australian film The Castle, the larrikin lead character kept saying Thats going straight to the pool room when referring to something special. The team photo from that tour of India and Sri Lanka sits proudly in my pool room to this day, a reminder of the time when a complete nuffie like myself strode alongside his boyhood hero. My sons gaze upon that picture in awe, and I pretend to be nonchalant as I point to the photo that sits alongside.It captures me at the top of my bowling action, bowling to a batsman whose unmistakable stance, posterior sticking out at a jaunty angle, can only be one person - Sir Vivian Richards.Oxford University v Glamorgan at The Parks. The faster I bowled, the further it went. The wicketkeeper even stood up to the stumps to stop Viv from walking at me, but it mattered not. They kept disappearing.Imagine my excitement then when I overheard Richards confiding to his batting partner, Matthew Maynard (who, by the way, savaged me even more brutally than Sir Viv did) that perhaps one of the other batsmen needed some match practice - it being an early-season outing for Glamorgan - and that perhaps he should walk past one.I distinctly recall him saying, This Jeh boy - he trying hard, man. He deserve a wicket. My heart leapt. Imagine telling this story to my (yet unborn) sons. The day their old man cleaned up Viv Richards with that unplayable ball (no mention, of course, of the mid-pitch conversation about throwing it away).And then Maynard, that damn impertinent Welshman, the man who might as well have killed Bambi, told Richards that the next batsman actually had a headache and didnt really fancy batting today. Just like that, with Okay man, I just keep batting then, possibly the biggest moment of my unremarkable career disappeared before me.Barely an hour later, weeping over a solitary beer at the Kings Arms pub in Oxford (as a student, a solitary beer was about all I could afford), I heard a deep voice behind me. What you drinking, Jeh man? Let me buy the beers tonight. No one should have figures of 0 for 150 on their birthday, man. April 21, 1993. My most memorable birthday: Viv Richards buying me beers all night. Id rather he missed the straight one, though. I can drink beer any day!At the other end of the spectrum, checking into a hotel for an MCC match with one of my best mates, Dirk Viljoen of Zimbabwe, I got my own back on these damn Test cricketers. Who do they think they are anyway, playing international cricket while duffers like me tried just as hard and got nowhere?So, having checked in, we raced each other up the stairs to try and secure the double bed. Id started in pole position, so Viljoen was never in the hunt. As I plonked my bag on the double bed, I pointed somewhat ungraciously to the tiny single alongside.Viljoen, cheeky, impertinent little sod that he was (and still is), never respectful of his elders, tried to pull rank. A shameless act really from a young pup. Senior player always gets the double bed, mate, he proclaimed. How many Tests have you played?At that point he had played one solitary Test, so he outranked me. Even with one Test, that was always going to be 100% more than I could ever dream of. But little did he know that I was not one to surrender my creature comforts that easily.Okay Dirk, youve got me there. I will give the double bed to anyone in this room who has scored more Test runs than me. Oh sorry, I forgot… you got a pair, didnt you?I slept like a baby that night in my big double bed. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. http://www.wholesalenfljerseysofficial.com/ . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch.Nico Rosberg eased to victory at the Russian GP to extend his championship lead to 43 points over Lewis Hamilton. The German was in supreme form in Sochi on Sunday and led from start to finish as he maintained his 100 per cent victory record in 2016.Defending world champion Hamilton recovered from 10th on the grid following more unreliability problems in qualifying to take second place and limit the damage to his title chances. The Briton also had further reliability issues during the race and was instructed his car had a water pressure problem with less than 20 laps to go after he had cut Rosbergs lead down to seven seconds.There wasnt a doubt in my mind that I couldnt win it. I had the pace, but then I had the problem with the engine again so I had to back off, said Hamilton. I wasnt at full throttle down the straights.However, one driver who now appears to be out of championship contention is Ferraris Sebastian Vettel, who was hit twice in two corners by Red Bulls Daniil Kvyat.The Russian carried too much speed into Turn Two on the opening lap and hammered into the back of the Ferrari, before hitting Vettel again at Turn Three and firing him into the barriers. After Red Bulls Daniil Kvyat crashes into Sebastian Vettel, the German is absolutely seething about his premature exit The German launched a foul-mouthed tirade over the radio before exiting his car and then went to visit Red Bull boss Christian Horner on the pit wall when he returned to the pits.All I could do was apologise, because this week it was a mistake by Daniil Kvyat, Horner told Sky Sports F1 of his brief exchange with his former driver.Daniil just misjudged his braking spot. Emotions run high - in his home race, I think he has just gone for too much too soon at the start.Updated Drivers and Constructors Championships standingsKvyat was handed a 10-second stop/go penalty for causing the collision and after the highs of China, he will now find his future under further scrutiny with Red Bulls Helmut Marko thought to be keen on promoting Max Verstappen to the senior team.The top three was completed by Kimi Raikkonen, the 700th time in F1 history a Ferrari driver has finished on the podium. Martin Brundle is on the Russian GP podium interviewing the top three drivers - Nico Rosberg, Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen After showing impressive pace early in the race, Williams dropped away in the second half with Valtteri Bottas only able to finish fourth despite his front-row start, just ahead of team-mate Felipe Massa.ddddddddddddFernando Alonso was a remarkable sixth for McLaren as he picked up his first points of the season on a track where the team was expected to struggle. Jenson Button made it a double points finish for the Woking squad for the first time since Hungary 2015 with 10th.We are relieved and happy for the guys back at the factory. Everyone is working so hard, said racing director Eric Boullier. This track did not suit us with the famous fuel saving, so hopefully on another track, we can get more power out of the car.Renault also picked up their first points since their return to F1 with a seventh-place finish for Kevin Magnussen who had started down in 17th.Haas Romain Grosjean was another to make progress through the field, coming from 15th on the grid to take eighth after a fine defensive effort in the closing laps to hold off Sergio Perez. Ted Kravitz brings you all the latest news following the Russian GP. Russian GP result1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 53 laps2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, +25.0223. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, +31.9984. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, +50.2175. Felipe Massa, Williams, +1:14.4276. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, +1 lap7. Kevin Magnussen, Renault, +1 lap8. Romain Grosjean, Haas, +1 lap9. Sergio Perez, Force India, +1 lap10. Jenson Button, McLaren, +1 lap11. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, +1 lap12. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, +1 lap13. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, +1 lap14. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, +1 lap15. Daniil Kvyat, Red Bull, +1 lap16. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, +1 lap17. Esteban Gutierrez, Haas, +1 lap18. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, +1 lapMax Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Not classifiedSebastian Vettel, Ferrari, Not classifiedNico Hulkenberg, Force India, Not classifiedRio Haryanto, Manor, Not classifiedDont miss the F1 Report for all the analysis of the Russian GP at 8:30pm on Wednesday on Sky Sports F1. Natalie Pinkham is joined in the studio by Sky Sports F1s David Croft and Marc Priestley. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here. Also See: Every race live in 2016 Video: Vettel rages at Kvyat Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

M.C. Klein

Listinus Toplisten Hier gehts zu  Mittelalter Top 100
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz